PDA

View Full Version : MEET THE JOKER (wow)

WMR
11-28-2007, 12:11 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t140/lostformat1125/jokerww0.jpg

Johnny Footstool
11-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Nice. He looks sufficiently addle-pated, to say the least.

Puffy
11-28-2007, 12:41 PM
fantastico - can't wait for the new Batman!

WMR
11-28-2007, 01:01 PM
The shoes and socks are my favorite part of his outfit.

Sean_CaseyRules
11-28-2007, 01:54 PM
I can only see a red X

jimbo
11-28-2007, 02:36 PM
I read where Michael Caine has really been singing the praises of Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. Here is a quote:

“I tell you the big surprise in the new ‘Batman’ — Heath Ledger as the Joker,” Caine told reporters. “He’s fantastic. He’s gone in a different direction than Jack (Nicholson) … Jack was like a really scary old, nasty old uncle with a funny face. Heath is like the most murderous psychopath you’ve ever seen on the screen,” Caine said.

I personally can't wait.

http://digg.com/movies/Michael_Caine_s_High_Praise_for_Heath_Ledger_s_The _Joker

MrCinatit
11-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Cool - did he raid the '70s fashion thread?

RFS62
11-28-2007, 07:39 PM
That is so awesome.

Can't wait.

Blimpie
11-28-2007, 08:04 PM
The shoes and socks are my favorite part of his outfit.They are a tad bit Sideshow Bob-ish....

sonny
11-28-2007, 08:13 PM
The fanboy geeks are so PO'd about his make-up and his skin not being "perma-white". If thats your biggest complaint in life, you're doing alright.

MrCinatit
11-28-2007, 08:25 PM
The fanboy geeks are so PO'd about his make-up and his skin not being "perma-white". If thats your biggest complaint in life, you're doing alright.

If the franchise continues, and continues in the direction it is presently heading (which I hope for in both cases), I think people are going to have to get over the fact we are not going to be seeing Batman in the Burton-esque light, or as it was seen during the '60s TV show.
This is a darker, more realistic Batman. I, for one, really like it, fanboys be darned.

Razor Shines
11-28-2007, 08:27 PM
If the franchise continues, and continues in the direction it is presently heading (which I hope for in both cases), I think people are going to have to get over the fact we are not going to be seeing Batman in the Burton-esque light, or as it was seen during the '60s TV show.
This is a darker, more realistic Batman. I, for one, really like it, fanboys be darned.

I agree. That Joker looks like someone actually might look after a chemical accident (I'm guessing, I guess I really don't know what that would look like).

Dom Heffner
11-28-2007, 08:39 PM
That Joker looks like someone actually might look after a chemical accident

...immediately followed by a trip to Neiman Marcus.

A psychopathic killer who wears really trendy socks. :)

HumnHilghtFreel
11-28-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree. I love this dark look.

GAC
11-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I think people are going to have to get over the fact we are not going to be seeing Batman in the Burton-esque light, or as it was seen during the '60s TV show.

I agree. That Joker looks like someone actually might look after a chemical accident (I'm guessing, I guess I really don't know what that would look like).

Being of the "older generation" who was raised on the Batman (Detective comics) of the 50's/60's, it's somewhat hard for me to accept this portrayal of the Joker by Ledger because of the stereotypical comic book image that is ingrained in my mind as a boy growing up and reading the comics.

Comic books were fun; but I don't think they really captured the true essence of what the creators were trying to portray. Maybe that was due to the times and censorship laws back then knowing their audience was kids.

Many were upset over Burton's portrayal of Batman because it showed a "dark side" (split personality) to the character. But that's exactly how Bob Kane originally wrote the character. What do you think a person would grow up to be like as an adult who witnessed both his parents being brutally murdered? Well balanced?

And I think you're right on Razor Shines. What would a guy look like after a chemical accident?

I loved Batman Begins. Looking forward to this sequel.

Maybe someday they'll give justice to Superman. I'm as avid a fan as Jerry Seinfeld. And I haven't cared for any of the Superman movies at all. They were insulting IMO.

marcshoe
11-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I like it. Those who don't like non-traditional portrayals of comic book characters--or other classic literary characters, even--should realize that no portrayal will be the final one (probably not even the definitive one, although that word will be used). Each person who takes on the character interprets him his own way. The same's true whether you're talking about Hamlet, Beowulf....or The Joker.

Life's big enough for multiple visions.

Degenerate39
11-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Holy crap is that real.

I loved Batman Begins I can't wait for the Dark Knight

Johnny Footstool
11-28-2007, 10:06 PM
...immediately followed by a trip to Neiman Marcus.

A psychopathic killer who wears really trendy socks. :)

I bought those same socks at Chess King in 1989.

WMR
11-28-2007, 10:08 PM
www.ibelieveinharveydent.com

WMR
11-28-2007, 10:13 PM
www.whysoserious.com

WMR
11-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Click on the photo sticking out behind the cut-out message to hear a line of the Joker's spoken by Heath Ledger.

WMR
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
And then if you click the photo after it pops up, it takes you to the next website in the viral marketing campaign.

Caveat Emperor
11-29-2007, 12:02 AM

I liked the added realism to the Batman series -- but I hated what it did to Ras Al Ghul, who is (in my mind) one of the coolest villains ever created regardless of medium.

They turned an interesting and compelling character into a two-bit terrorist with a bunch of henchmen by stripping away the parts that made him unique (his extraordinarily long life, his history as a crusader for returning purity to the world, his superior intellect equal to that of Bruce Wayne/Batman) all in the name of creating a more "realistic" character.

I'm not even that big of a fanboy, and it bothered me that they killed off the only immortal villain in the series.

It makes me cringe a bit at what they might do to the Joker.

SteelSD
11-29-2007, 01:43 AM
I liked the added realism to the Batman series -- but I hated what it did to Ras Al Ghul, who is (in my mind) one of the coolest villains ever created regardless of medium.

They turned an interesting and compelling character into a two-bit terrorist with a bunch of henchmen by stripping away the parts that made him unique (his extraordinarily long life, his history as a crusader for returning purity to the world, his superior intellect equal to that of Bruce Wayne/Batman) all in the name of creating a more "realistic" character.

I'm not even that big of a fanboy, and it bothered me that they killed off the only immortal villain in the series.

It makes me cringe a bit at what they might do to the Joker.

Ra's al Ghul is certainly one of the most interesting Batman villians. But considering that he's lived over 600 years, I'd suggest that he isn't dead. We didn't see him die in the film. We only saw the train crash.

I was actually pleased to see that Ra's was the primary villian in "Batman Begins" and even though the film took liberties with the association between the two characters, I felt that the Ra's portrayal was well done. I only regretted that I saw no Talia tie-in, but IMHO that's path DC's "Elseworlds" movie tales (Superman Returns is the major issue) have taken.

And it's why I've liked the Marvel movies a little more (excepting X-Men 3). They run closer to continuity even if they do combine a good bit of the "Ultimate" universe.

WMR
11-29-2007, 02:10 AM
There's no movie that Brett Ratner can't ruin.

Amazing he continues to find work.

He has lived off of Rush Hour for how many years now???

Caveat Emperor
11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Ra's al Ghul is certainly one of the most interesting Batman villians. But considering that he's lived over 600 years, I'd suggest that he isn't dead. We didn't see him die in the film. We only saw the train crash.

Certainly possible -- I wouldn't be at all displeased to find him alive and masterminding things in this or a later film. Hopefully, as you indicated, Talia would be involved at that point.

I was actually pleased to see that Ra's was the primary villian in "Batman Begins" and even though the film took liberties with the association between the two characters, I felt that the Ra's portrayal was well done.

Would it have killed them to have him call Batman "Detective" just once? I always thought that, above a lot of other things, was what made Ras so cool -- his appreciation of Batman as an intellectual equal (which, unfortunately, many Batman adaptations seem to overlook).

sonny
11-29-2007, 02:52 PM
And then if you click the photo after it pops up, it takes you to the next website in the viral marketing campaign.

I have been following the campaign a bit. Its actually pretty well done. For info go here (http://batman.wikibruce.com/Home)

sonny
11-29-2007, 09:37 PM
new picture

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc131/Jokerfan1980/joke2sl5.png

WMR
11-29-2007, 10:27 PM
He looks very deranged. :lol:

RFS62
11-29-2007, 10:51 PM
They could have saved a lot of money on makeup and special effects if they'd just hired this guy instead....

http://www.justicejunction.com/Assets/noltemugshot.JPG

vaticanplum
11-30-2007, 10:33 PM
They could have saved a lot of money on makeup and special effects if they'd just hired this guy instead....

http://www.justicejunction.com/Assets/noltemugshot.JPG

:lol:

RedsIn07
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Trailer:
http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

Raisor
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
I was a bit worried about the Ledger signing, but after seeing the trailer yesterday, all I can say is "wow".

MrCinatit
12-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Yikes. Wow. Yikes.
With all due respect to Jack, I gotta feeling Heath will make everyone forget about that other Joker guy. Talk about downright evil...

Mario-Rijo
01-22-2008, 05:38 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63854&page=3

Down the page about half way!

kaldaniels
01-22-2008, 09:00 PM
This movie will never be viewed/judged the same.