PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State - UNC

Puffy
11-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Big game tonight. I think, without Lawson (who I am pretty sure is NOT playing, although thats not official yet) and playing in Columbus, Ohio State has a chance tonight. I still think my Heels will win in the end, but its by no means a guarantee.

Either way, should be a fun game.

WVRed
11-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Big game tonight. I think, without Lawson (who I am pretty sure is NOT playing, although thats not official yet) and playing in Columbus, Ohio State has a chance tonight. I still think my Heels will win in the end, but its by no means a guarantee.

Either way, should be a fun game.

Will Lawson be ready for Saturday? That's what i'm interested in.

Not like it matters though, i'm sure UNC could talk Michael Jordan into coming back for one game and he would run circles around Ramel Bradley.

Puffy
11-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Not sure WVRed - although there is debate whether he might play tonight, so I would think by Saturday it would be much closer to "heeled" so I would assume he plays Saturday.

redsfan1966
11-28-2007, 05:26 PM
I am a Buckeye fan---but they will get thrashed by UNC...Hansbrough (sp?) will man handle Koufos.

Joseph
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't know who to root for here since I'm always rooting against both these teams....

Buckeye33
11-28-2007, 06:17 PM
I was unaware that Lawson might not play. With Lawson, I had UNC winning by 7. Without Lawson I think OSU could pull the upset, but would still give the edge to UNC by 2.

Hansborough will out muscle Koufos, but don't think Koufos won't put up some good numbers as long as he doesn't pick up 2 fouls in the 1st 7 minutes.

Heath
11-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Before that one, I'm tuning into the Dayton-Miami slugfest.

First team to 60 wins.

RedFanAlways1966
11-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Before that one, I'm tuning into the Dayton-Miami slugfest.

First team to 60 wins.

Actually Miami hit the 60-mark first... but lost 63-62 on a Brian Roberts' 3-pointer with 4.2 seconds left in the game. Go Flyers! :thumbup:

LoganBuck
11-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Fun game so far.

Diebler is unreal.

NorrisHopper30
11-28-2007, 09:48 PM
I think OSU will hang with them for a little like they did A&M but this could end up getting ugly.

If Diebler gets hot anything can happen, though.

LoganBuck
11-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Again, Diebler is unreal

LoganBuck
11-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Ohio State goes to the jumpshot way to often. When they are cold they keep jacking it up from distance.

BuckeyeRed27
11-28-2007, 10:40 PM
I've seen the Bucks score once since I turned this game on. I believe I cursed them.

kyred14
11-28-2007, 11:49 PM
If tOSU could have thrown it in the ocean in the 2nd half, they would have won. Hopefully UNC plays that bad on Saturday.

That way we could keep it within 10 or so.... :rolleyes:

bucksfan2
11-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Matta needed to reign in Butler. He takes too many ill advised shots. They had no offensive scheme during their 10 minute drought. Hunter needs to rebound better. Koufus needs to be more assertive, rebound better, and needs to get a little quicker.

I think OSU will have a good team this year. The talent is there they just need avoid the 10 minutes scroeless streaks. They need a true point guard. They don't need a scoring point guard who looks for his shot first and to pass second.

Puffy
11-29-2007, 10:24 AM
My thoughts:

If Lawson played there is no way that game ends up 66-55. Lawson would have added about 7 possessions per team and that game would have been more like 74-62. He plays that fast.

OSU did a great job on the defensive end. Hunter is a very good shot blocker and Koufus moves his feet well and takes up a ton of space.

Diebler reminds me of former Syracuse guard Gerry McNamara. The range, the stroke - he is going to be a scorer.

The refs really let both sides play. Big Ten basketball can be tough to watch. Kinda like the WWE sometimes.

All in all, good game. Not as good as last year's classic, but tough, gritty game on both sides. Both teams left it all on the floor and thats all you can ask.

traderumor
11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Matta needed to reign in Butler. He takes too many ill advised shots. They had no offensive scheme during their 10 minute drought. Hunter needs to rebound better. Koufus needs to be more assertive, rebound better, and needs to get a little quicker.

I think OSU will have a good team this year. The talent is there they just need avoid the 10 minutes scroeless streaks. They need a true point guard. They don't need a scoring point guard who looks for his shot first and to pass second.

Butler is a smart player. I agree that last night he took a lot of bad shots, but that is not his MO. There is already a pattern developed with this team, and that is Butler is the only consistent offensive threat. So, I imagine after the Texas A&M thrashing, the reins were loosened. Last night, the Bucks, including Butler, were intimidated into rushing shots, which seemed legitimate since many shots were blocked or deflected anyhow.

On a different note, watching a highly regarded freshman class struggle early makes me realize even more how good Conley and Oden were as 18-19 year olds. They are in a class of their own, and it is only even more glaring as you watch mere mortal freshman go through growing pains.