PDA

View Full Version : Be honest... Who's watching Rudolph?

rotnoid
12-04-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm watching right now. Classic "cartoon." Never miss it if I can help it. Anyone else out there with me?

pedro
12-04-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm watching right now. Classic "cartoon." Never miss it if I can help it. Anyone else out there with me?

Not until closer until christmas.

It is a classic though.

rotnoid
12-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Not until closer until christmas.

It is a classic though.

That's one of my beef's with network TV. They're always show these types of things way too early. With the writer's strike this year, hopefully they'll be inclined to re-run them closer to Christmas.

pedro
12-04-2007, 09:29 PM
That's one of my beef's with network TV. They're always show these types of things way too early. With the writer's strike this year, hopefully they'll be inclined to re-run them closer to Christmas.

No kidding. They've already shown Charlie Brown.

rotnoid
12-04-2007, 09:52 PM
No kidding. They've already shown Charlie Brown.

Twice.

MaineRed
12-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Just got done watching it.

Cyclone792
12-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Didn't watch Rudolph, but I DVR'd Charlie Brown.

deltachi8
12-04-2007, 10:47 PM
I was.

Bumbles bounce!

OnBaseMachine
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
I watched it. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Raisor
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM
The wife and I, of course, watched.

We'll be watching Garfield Christmas on DVD early next week.

We are sick.

deltachi8
12-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Of course the best one was on last night...The Year Without a Santa Claus

macro
12-04-2007, 11:46 PM
We bought the DVD boxed set of "Rudoph/Frosty/Santa Claus is Coming To Town" for our kids, and have been through all three of them once already, beginning about a week ago.

I can remember as a child, going through the TV Guide and writing down the dates and times of all the Christmas specials, just so I didn't miss one. This was the 1970s, before VCRs, DVRs, and DVDs, so you either caught it when it aired or you missed it.

gm
12-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Gotta love the new Aflac commercial. The voice actors nailed the characters pretty well

Mr. Heat and Snow Mizer are my all-time favs

westofyou
12-05-2007, 01:08 AM
http://workbenchmedia.com/christmas/

Red in Chicago
12-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Of course the best one was on last night...The Year Without a Santa Claus

is there anyone better than the heat miser? love him and that song...it's that on i-tunes:p:

RANDY IN INDY
12-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Never miss Rudolph if I can help it. Matt and I watched last night. He's 10, and now, will only watch Rudolph and Charlie Brown.

cumberlandreds
12-05-2007, 08:02 AM
I saw the end of it. I DVR'd Charlie Brown even though I have it on VHS. I think some others come on later this week like Santa Claus is coming to Town and maybe Frosty. I just remember which ones but I have my DVR set to remind me. I'm 44 BTW and I watch these every year. Your never too old,IMO.

rotnoid
12-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Gotta love the new Aflac commercial. The voice actors nailed the characters pretty well

Mr. Heat and Snow Mizer are my all-time favs

I've actually been told I look like the Heat Mizer. I'm not sure the intent, but I took it as a compliment. :)

redhawkfish
12-05-2007, 08:50 AM
I watched with my two youngest daughters, and it is enjoyable because it reminds me of simpler times.

SunDeck
12-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Watched it.
Missed Charlie Brown Christmas but will make sure to pick up the DVD real soon. And I have the soundtrack, which everyone ought to own. In fact, everyone ought to own some Vince Guaraldi- what a great piano player.
And we have the Grinch on DVD (the original cartoon, not that horrible thing that was done a few years ago), which we have watched about a million times. Man, that poor dog pulling the Grinch's sled- hilariously funny.

Unassisted
12-05-2007, 10:08 AM
I caught the last 15 minutes of Rudolph. That digital restoration CBS did to bring it up to HD standards sure was pretty. The crisp print really highlights the limitations of the stop-motion animation. I caught myself looking at subtle shifts in the background elements and lighting because they were so clear now.

Chip R
12-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Anyone remember during the late 80s early 90s when they showed It's A Wonderful Life ad nauseum from Thanksgiving through X-Mas?

MaineRed
12-05-2007, 10:49 AM
In fact, everyone ought to own some Vince Guaraldi- what a great piano player.

Better than Schroeder?

IslandRed
12-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Watched it.
Missed Charlie Brown Christmas but will make sure to pick up the DVD real soon. And I have the soundtrack, which everyone ought to own. In fact, everyone ought to own some Vince Guaraldi- what a great piano player.

I had that. Now I get to buy another one, because I didn't pop the first one out of the CD player last week before I turned in the rental car. Grrr.

cumberlandreds
12-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Anyone remember during the late 80s early 90s when they showed It's A Wonderful Life ad nauseum from Thanksgiving through X-Mas?

I do. Now they show A Christmas Story ad nauseum,although I haven't seen it yet this season. :)

Chip R
12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
I do. Now they show A Christmas Story ad nauseum,although I haven't seen it yet this season. :)

I think I spotted it the day after Thanksgiving although I'm not sure if it was the actual movie or it was a commercial.

westofyou
12-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Christmas Vacation Performed by Bunnies

http://www.angryalien.com/aa/xmasvacaybuns.asp

Christmas Story by Bunnies

http://www.angryalien.com/aa/xmas_storybuns.asp

macro
12-05-2007, 11:59 AM
"The Family Man" (the Nicolas Cage movie that is the sort of opposite of "It's A Wonderful Life") is being shown every holiday season, as well. I can see that movie hanging around for many years.

Joseph
12-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I watched.

gm
12-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I've actually been told I look like the Heat Mizer. I'm not sure the intent, but I took it as a compliment. :)

That means you must also look like the Burgermeister, Meisterburger

TeamCasey
12-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Grinch is my fave.

traderumor
12-05-2007, 09:08 PM
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is currently being viewed by six little traderumors as I type. Rudolph was probably my fav, though.

GAC
12-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I bought a limited edition DVD last week at K Marts for $30 that has them all on it. Or I could buy them separately for $15. D'uh.

You just can't beat Charlie Brown, Rudolph, and Grinch. But one of my personal favorites is Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol.

Me and the kids will watch them all at some point.

Last year I bought pretty much every Christmas DVD.... several versions of the Christmas carol, Its A Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, etc. I love'em.

But it has been come a tradition in this household with the kids on Christmas Eve to watch National Lampoon's Christmas.

GAC
12-05-2007, 09:20 PM

Last year, I think it was TNT, they showed A Christmas Story for 24 hrs straight. I went to bed with it on the channel. :lol:

MrCinatit
12-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Last year, I think it was TNT, they showed A Christmas Story for 24 hrs straight. I went to bed with it on the channel. :lol:

They do that every year. It is a Mr. C. tradition to watch that while attempting to wrap presents.

WebScorpion
12-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm at the point now where I got a copy of most of my favorites on DVD and the little Scorpions all vote on which ones we watch at what times, etc. I store the DVDs with the X-mas decorations, so they don't come out until December 1st and they go away shortly after January 1st. The whole family loves them all. :thumbup:

SunDeck
12-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Better than Schroeder?

Clearly, there is no one better on the tiny grand than Schroeder. His left hand defies convention.
In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't worked with Guaraldi at some point. Their work is just so similar, even derivative of one another at times.

SunDeck
12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh, and BTW, we have now watched the Grinch for the 34th time in two weeks. My kids get stuck on things. I'm so glad it's not My Little Pony.