PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball Websites

Krusty
12-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Anyone can tell me what is the best baseball fantasy baseball website to use in preparation for an auction style draft. I appreciate the input.

redsfanfalcon
12-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I was about to ask the same question...a guy that I spoke with at my wife's Christmas party said for fantasy football he uses www.fanball.com...he said it was good for baseball too, but I know nothing about it. TQ was really bad last year, so I am also website shopping too. Yahoo doesn't always put the players in that get called up right away.

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 11:08 PM
rotoauthority.com is run by the same guy as mlbtraderumors.com

In other words, he hasn't had much time to talk about fantasy lately, but his projections are objective and usually only outdone by PECOTA...

IowaRed
12-13-2007, 01:40 PM
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com

*BaseClogger*
12-13-2007, 05:08 PM
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com

that site drives me nuts

IowaRed
12-14-2007, 08:19 AM
that site drives me nuts

I have always had positive experiences. Tons of information, classifieds, rankings, mocks. Sure there are idiots but what baseball site doesn't have those? :)

Mr.MojoRisin
12-16-2007, 10:03 PM
I might have to check out fantasy baseball this year, i've always heard good things but never tried it.

redsfanfalcon
12-17-2007, 06:12 PM
I might have to check out fantasy baseball this year, i've always heard good things but never tried it.

There are all kinds of leagues you can get into...AL, NL, mixed, 5x5, 4x4, 6x6, head to head, rotiserrie, and all types of categories. The most common are HR, AVG, SB, RBIs, Runs, ERA, Saves, WHIP, Wins, K/9. If you love baseball, it's a great way to just follow the game instead of just following the Reds. Of course the Reds are my team, but fantasy baseball helps you care about games like the D-Rays vs Baltimore.

*BaseClogger*
12-17-2007, 08:34 PM
There are all kinds of leagues you can get into...AL, NL, mixed, 5x5, 4x4, 6x6, head to head, rotiserrie, and all types of categories. The most common are HR, AVG, SB, RBIs, Runs, ERA, Saves, WHIP, Wins, K/9. If you love baseball, it's a great way to just follow the game instead of just following the Reds. Of course the Reds are my team, but fantasy baseball helps you care about games like the D-Rays vs Baltimore.

I would have to suggest rottiserie as the King of fantasy baseball... Don't get suckered into H2H just because that is what most fantasy football leagues use...

redsfanfalcon
12-18-2007, 01:07 PM
I would have to suggest rottiserie as the King of fantasy baseball... Don't get suckered into H2H just because that is what most fantasy football leagues use...

I agree 100 percent...I think rotisserie is a true reflection of your team and not who is hot at the current time.

tripleaaaron
12-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Check out KFFL.com, it is free now and although it is better known as the #1 fantasy football site, it also has tremendous fantasy baseball insight. While I do write articles for them, it was my first stop even before I was a contributor.

MWM
12-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I'd love to find a fantasy baseball site that has a draft application similar to what www.footballguys.com has for football.

tripleaaaron
12-23-2007, 01:06 AM
see above post

NorrisHopper30
12-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Anyone here tried Whatifsports.com ?

12-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Anyone here tried Whatifsports.com ?

I liked that when a full seasonw as free. Now the only free one they have is some sort of trial mini-season. I'm not into it enough to pay, but if I was, I would do this one.

TRF
01-17-2008, 08:44 PM
I was a fan of sandbox.com when they were free.

mateo
01-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Not sure if you're looking for free or not, but if you sign up for a $20 dollar team at SportingNews.com you get a free subscription to their Fantasy Source Baseball feature. There is tons and tons of great information found there, plus if you win your public league you get $100.

redsfanfalcon
01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Not sure if you're looking for free or not, but if you sign up for a $20 dollar team at SportingNews.com you get a free subscription to their Fantasy Source Baseball feature. There is tons and tons of great information found there, plus if you win your public league you get $100.

I wondered about their site...I saw their ad in this week's magazine...I also wondered about cbssportsline.com Has anyone used their site?

*BaseClogger*
01-21-2008, 12:33 AM
I wondered about their site...I saw their ad in this week's magazine...I also wondered about cbssportsline.com Has anyone used their site?

From everything I have seen Yahoo! and cbssportsline are the two best- here's a great link from rotoauthority.com on which providers are best. You should prolly read the comments as well as there was some good discusion:

http://www.rotoauthority.com/2008/01/which-fantasy-b.html

redsfanfalcon
01-21-2008, 09:00 AM
From everything I have seen Yahoo! and cbssportsline are the two best- here's a great link from rotoauthority.com on which providers are best. You should prolly read the comments as well as there was some good discusion:

http://www.rotoauthority.com/2008/01/which-fantasy-b.html

That's a great link, thanks for the info! They do really provide some good discussion there.

Vada Pinson Fan
01-25-2008, 07:40 PM
I was a fan of sandbox.com when they were free.

I played at Sandbox for 4 or 5 years and we always had the same 10 guys in our league but the bad thing with Sandbox was they sold or gave to their partners players' email addresses and I was flooded with spam. Just something to consider and something to ask of other fantasy players when you sign up with any particular site.

I'm looking to join a new fantasy baseball site this year. If anyone needs a loyal player that has won a few league titles, please let me know.

Bigredfan#1
01-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Try this http://www.sportsline.com/fantasy/baseball.

wojo1025
01-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Any thoughts on www.RotoHog.com 's baseball game?

namichael
01-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Due to my lack of a high speed internet connection, I play all of my fantasy sports on yahoo. It's not nearly as pretty as some of the other sights, but as far as getting the job done, it suits me just fine. It also keeps stats in your yahoo profile from all of the fantasy leagues that you play in. Another plus is that it's free, unless you want to upgrade your league.

*BaseClogger*
01-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Due to my lack of a high speed internet connection, I play all of my fantasy sports on yahoo. It's not nearly as pretty as some of the other sights, but as far as getting the job done, it suits me just fine. It also keeps stats in your yahoo profile from all of the fantasy leagues that you play in. Another plus is that it's free, unless you want to upgrade your league.

yeah, Yahoo's great!

redsfanfalcon
02-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Does anyone have any clue what The Sporting News baseball fantasy pages look like? We are contemplating switching to them from TQ.

WVRed
02-14-2008, 12:25 PM
www.rotoworld.com

AtomicDumpling
02-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I have tried several different companies. In my opinion Yahoo is by far the best. It is customizable so you can set up whatever rules, stats, # of teams, etc that you want. I see no reason to use anyone else. I really like it.

redsfanfalcon
02-18-2008, 05:33 PM
We decided to go with CBS Sports since they have the rebate going on right now. Seems like it is a pretty decent site.