http://blogs.tampabay.com/rays/2007/12/live-from-nas-2.html

Let the trade suggestions begin.....

....Please let it be Kazmir :)

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 03:20 PM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/rays/2007/12/live-from-nas-2.html

Let the trade suggestions begin.....

....Please let it be Kazmir :)

I'll take James Shields too. You guys think I like Ian Snell... You should have seen my love for James Sheilds and my fantasy team last year...

hippie07
12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
My suggestion: the Reds give up Hamilton, Bailey, & the Moon and receive Kazmir and a PTBNL :D

Ahhhorsepoo
12-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Hamilton and Bailey and PTBNL for Kazmir and Crawford.. WE as a team can pay cardford the 15 mil he will demand in a new contract.. and they wouldnt.. soo they might try to unload him for a cheaper player.. and I would much rather pay crawford for 15-17 mil than Dunn..

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Hamilton and Bailey and PTBNL for Kazmir and Crawford.. WE as a team can pay cardford the 15 mil he will demand in a new contract.. and they wouldnt.. soo they might try to unload him for a cheaper player.. and I would much rather pay crawford for 15-17 mil than Dunn..

Now I'm following you! We can turn around and grab Santana!:rolleyes:

hippie07
12-05-2007, 03:50 PM
MLB.com has Crawford as a LF, does he play center? otherwise where would we put him?
Shields & Crawford for Hamilton & Cueto and others (not in big 5...?)

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Why does this thing have to be like a friggin' 8 player trade? Why can't we be happy with like a Hamilton and Maloney/Stubbs for Shields trade? THE RAYS ARE NOT TRADING CRAWFORD!

hippie07
12-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Why does this thing have to be like a friggin' 8 player trade? Why can't we be happy with like a Hamilton and Maloney/Stubbs for Shields trade? THE RAYS ARE NOT TRADING CRAWFORD!

Uh... because we're not really GMs and we're just having fun... maybe...

Ahhhorsepoo
12-05-2007, 03:55 PM
they will let him walk then when his contract is up.. they arent going to pay him..

ChatterRed
12-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I'd send Hamilton, Bailey, Cueto, EE and Votto to the Rays for Kazmir, Shields, and Crawford.

I'd then move Dunn to 1B, bring up Bruce and play either him or Crawford in CF and the other in LF, keep Junior in RF. Crawford would be our new leadoff hitter with his 50 stolen bases and .315 average...........and we'd have a starting rotation of.......

SP Harang
SP Kazmir
SP Shields
SP Arroyo
SP Yo Mamma - who in the heck cares?

We still have Dunn, Griffey, Bruce and Phillips for power........Keppinger hopefully can maintain his near .300 average and play a decent 3B. Everyone else remains the same!

Here we come NL pennant!!!!!!!!!

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I'd send Hamilton, Bailey, Cueto, EE and Votto to the Rays for Kazmir, Shields, and Crawford.

I'd then move Dunn to 1B, bring up Bruce and play either him or Crawford in CF and the other in LF, keep Junior in RF. Crawford would be our new leadoff hitter with his 50 stolen bases and .315 average...........and we'd have a starting rotation of.......

SP Harang
SP Kazmir
SP Shields
SP Arroyo

We still have Dunn, Griffey, Bruce and Phillips for power........Keppinger hopefully can maintain his near .300 average and play a decent 3B. Everyone else remains the same!

I hope that was a joke, becase I just laughed my ass off...

Ahhhorsepoo
12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Dunn at first base.. might as well make him pitcher.. he has enough opportunity to throw the game away defensively in left field.. i dont want him at first EVER..

ChatterRed
12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
....as hippie said,
"Uh... because we're not really GMs and we're just having fun... maybe..."

ChatterRed
12-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Dunn at first base.. might as well make him pitcher.. he has enough opportunity to throw the game away defensively in left field.. i dont want him at first EVER..

......we get it.......YOU DON'T LIKE ADAM DUNN. ;)

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 04:14 PM
....as hippie said,

Here is my 2008 Cincinnati Reds lineup:
C- Paul Lo Duca
1b- Adam Dunn
2b- Brandon Phillips
SS- Barry Larkin
3b- Aaron Boone
LF- Adam Dunn's clone
CF- Andruw Jones
RF- Jay Bruce

SP- Johan Santana
SP- Erik Bedard
SP- Aaron Harang
SP- Scott Kazmir
SP- Brian Moehler

RP- Francisco Cordero
RP- Eric Gagne
RP- David Weathers

EDIT- I'll throw Eckstein and Erstad on my bench...

ChatterRed
12-05-2007, 04:16 PM
C- Paul Lo Duca
1b- Adam Dunn
2b- Brandon Phillips
SS- Barry Larkin
3b- Aaron Boone
LF- Adam Dunn's clone
CF- Andruw Jones
RF- Jay Bruce

SP- Johan Santana
SP- Erik Bedard
SP- Aaron Harang
SP- Scott Kazmir
SP- Brian Moehler

RP- Francisco Cordero
RP- Eric Gagne
RP- David Weathers

:D Classic. :thumbup::beerme:

Ahhhorsepoo
12-05-2007, 04:17 PM
I like Dunn as a person.. and as a player.. but NOT in a small market NL team.. just doesnt fit if you want to win..

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 04:19 PM
I like Dunn as a person.. and as a player.. but NOT in a small market NL team.. just doesnt fit if you want to win..

so you don't want to clone him?:p:

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 04:20 PM
C- Paul Lo Duca
1b- Adam Dunn
2b- Brandon Phillips
SS- Barry Larkin
3b- Aaron Boone
LF- Adam Dunn's clone
CF- Andruw Jones
RF- Jay Bruce

SP- Johan Santana
SP- Erik Bedard
SP- Aaron Harang
SP- Scott Kazmir
SP- Brian Moehler

RP- Francisco Cordero
RP- Eric Gagne
RP- David Weathers

Dang I forgot Eckstein and Erstad!

Ahhhorsepoo
12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
so you don't want to clone him?:p:

If he doesnt have a bank account, and in his contract he makes 20 mil.. but "donates 18 back to the club for other player contracts" I would love a clone of his..

hippie07
12-05-2007, 04:23 PM

SP Harang
SP Kazmir
SP Shields
SP Arroyo

I don't think the Rays are rebuilding, they keep making acquisitions like they intend to compete, but if they are... I, in complete honesty would give up: Hamilton, EdE, Bailey & Cueto, and Stubbs for Kakmir and Shields.

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 04:24 PM
If he doesnt have a bank account, and in his contract he makes 20 mil.. but "donates 18 back to the club for other player contracts" I would love a clone of his..

When I advocate Dunn to a LTC I don't mean 20 million and I don't think that is the price most of us envision. I think he would get about 16 million tops...

Ahhhorsepoo
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
if he is at 13 mil this year.. and some of the other deals out there.. I would easily envision 18-20 mil for the guy as the base market value for a guy who hits his long balls..

Ahhhorsepoo
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
if he commanded 18-20 mil a year would you want that? that too much.. or too much but worth it in your eyes?

GoReds33
12-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I would love to have Kazmir on the Reds. If we got Crawford too, that would solidify our playoff chances. I think that would easily make us the best team in the NL Central. Crawford would give us that great leadoff man this team has lacked for years aswell.

Ahhhorsepoo
12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
exactly hence me wanting crawford for years.....

SMcGavin
12-05-2007, 04:55 PM
if he commanded 18-20 mil a year would you want that? that too much.. or too much but worth it in your eyes?

Good question. 20 mil is a lot, more than I think Dunn is worth. It would really depend on how 2008 goes (if we are really close to contending it would be hard to let your best hitter walk), and how much Castellini is willing to open up the payroll. No way I would give him $20M per for a LTC, maybe if it was just 2-3 seasons.

I guess short answer is no, I wouldn't want Dunn at $20M. I don't think it is going to come to that though. 4 years, $60M are the numbers I'm hoping for.

hippie07
12-05-2007, 04:57 PM
The Rays want Hamilton because they want a LH bat, its unlikely they'll trade Crawford unless they're truly rebuilding

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 08:36 PM
if he is at 13 mil this year.. and some of the other deals out there.. I would easily envision 18-20 mil for the guy as the base market value for a guy who hits his long balls..

I would give Dunn $16 million over 5 years... I agree that he could get around $18 million on the open market, I would expect a little bit of a hometown discount...