PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Finalists - Who wins?

Highlifeman21
12-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Per AP

Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Colt Brennan
Chase Daniel

Who do you think will win?

Who do you want to win?

Yes, they can be different answers.

Highlifeman21
12-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I think Tebow will win.

I want Brennan to win.

GoReds33
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
I think Tebow will win.

I want Brennan to win.That is exactly my thought. Brennan I thought deserved it last year. He is a terrific player. I have no clue what he will do in the NFL, but he has put up astounding numbers in the NCAA. Give it to him, Tebow has plenty of time to still win it.

WVRed
12-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Tebow will win it.

McFadden should win it.

KronoRed
12-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Tebow should win it, McFadden will.

Danny Serafini
12-05-2007, 09:30 PM
At this point I'd say it's a coin toss between McFadden and Tebow, with Brennan and Daniel making token appearances to congratulate the winner and say how it's an honor just being nominated.

MWM
12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Dixon should win. If not, McFadden should win. Tebow is a lock at this point.

MaineRed
12-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't think McFadden is going to get it. If he does it will mean the Heisman went to someone who had 700 fewer rushing yards and 13 fewer TDs than the nation leader (same guy in both categories). McFadden might be the best pro prospect but he hasn't even been the best RB in college football this season.

Tim Tebow and Colt Brennan are a lot closer than McFadden is to Kevin Smith. 2400 yards and 30 TDs and you don't even get an invite?

I think Tebow has this thing. Today the AP writers gave him the SEC offensive player of the year award. If that is any indication ........

MaineRed
12-05-2007, 09:58 PM
McFadden should win.

I've read your arguments on why Dixon should win but I am curious as to why you think McFadden should if DD doesn't?

You really think he has had a better season than Tim Tebow?

kaldaniels
12-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I believe the only way Tebow doesn't win is if the voters don't want a soph to win...which is quite likely. I hate Tebow with a passion, but he was the most impressive player this year, bar none.

MWM
12-05-2007, 10:16 PM
I've read your arguments on why Dixon should win but I am curious as to why you think McFadden should if DD doesn't?

You really think he has had a better season than Tim Tebow?

My criteria is simply this: the award stipulates it's supposed to go to the "most outstanding" player in college football. To me that's as much subjective as objective. I just think outside of Dixon, McFadden is the most outstanding player. I don't care about the team they play on. If a guy isn't on a good team, but is still the most outstanding, he should get the award. My personal opinion is that I DO NOT want the Heisman to become an MVP award. And that's what it is becoming. If the powers that be want it to be an MVP, they ought to just call it that.

When I've watched McFadden, I know I'm watching a special talent, something you don't see every year. It's that simple. He changes games by himself and does things few people can do.

And as I've mentioned on other threads, if you took Tebow's TD runs of just a few yards, I don't think he would be in the conversation. And that to me is a very important factor. If you agree that if you took goal line TDs away, he wouldn't be the Heisman winner, then you're saying that goal line TDs is some kind of special skill. To me, if you're going to looks at a stat, look at yards. Some might say, "sure if you could take away something from all players, then....", but I think this is a unique situation. To me, I see nothing uunfair about removing the affect of simple goal line plunges into the end zone. If he was truly Heisman worthy, you could look at his overall body of work and still think he's deserving without goal line TDs. If you look at the other contenders, there's not one thing you could look at and say, "if it weren't for that, then we wouldn't be talking about him."

I do believe Tebow is a hell of a player. But I've never been enamored by the TD stat. Never have, and it has nothing to do with Tebow. This isn't a statistical award. Reggie Bush's overall stats were pretty good, but that's not why he won. If you're gonig to look at TDs, like I said before, Graham Harrell has 49 of them. And he's done it against some prety good teams as well in the Big 12.

kaldaniels
12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
My criteria is simply this: the award stipulates it's supposed to go to the "most outstanding" player in college football. To me that's as much subjective as objective. I just think outside of Dixon, McFadden is the most outstanding player. I don't care about the team they play on. If a guy isn't on a good team, but is still the most outstanding, he should get the award. My personal opinion is that I DO NOT want the Heisman to become an MVP award. And that's what it is becoming. If the powers that be want it to be an MVP, they ought to just call it that.

When I've watched McFadden, I know I'm watching a special talent, something you don't see every year. It's that simple. He changes games by himself and does things few people can do.

And as I've mentioned on other threads, if you took Tebow's TD runs of just a few yards, I don't think he would be in the conversation. And that to me is a very important factor. If you agree that if you took goal line TDs away, he wouldn't be the Heisman winner, then you're saying that goal line TDs is some kind of special skill. To me, if you're going to looks at a stat, look at yards. Some might say, "sure if you could take away something from all players, then....", but I think this is a unique situation. To me, I see nothing uunfair about removing the affect of simple goal line plunges into the end zone. If he was truly Heisman worthy, you could look at his overall body of work and still think he's deserving without goal line TDs. If you look at the other contenders, there's not one thing you could look at and say, "if it weren't for that, then we wouldn't be talking about him."
I do believe Tebow is a hell of a player. But I've never been enamored by the TD stat. Never have, and it has nothing to do with Tebow. This isn't a statistical award. Reggie Bush's overall stats were pretty good, but that's not why he won. If you're gonig to look at TDs, like I said before, Graham Harrell has 49 of them. And he's done it against some prety good teams as well in the Big 12.

Great quarterback play + Goalline Beast = something the likes of which has never been seen = my choice for Heisman. I don't care about the number of scores whatsoever by the way. Give Harrell the Heisman if you want.

KronoRed
12-06-2007, 01:35 AM
And as I've mentioned on other threads, if you took Tebow's TD runs of just a few yards, I don't think he would be in the conversation. And that to me is a very important factor.

I think a player who has thrown for 3100 yards and run for another 800 would still be in the mix even throwing TD's out of the discussion.

MaineRed
12-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Other than the LSU game when did McFadden look like the best player in the country?

He had four games where he didn't even get 100 yards which I bet nobody who says McFadden should get it even knows. This is the best player/running back in the country?

Maybe I am just not watching the right games but other than the LSU game, Arkansas continually put in a back-up RB who produced at a better rate than McFadden. For me it was hard to watch the Razorbacks and not come away more impressed with Felix Jones.

Roy Tucker
12-06-2007, 09:20 AM
I think McFadden is the best NFL prospect.

I think Dixon would have had the best season had he played all his games. I think playing all games (or maybe miss one) is a criteria for player of the year, like it or not. And he was the most valuable player *when he played* and I would have given the Heisman to him had he done played all year.

After Dixon, Tebow has had the best year against a top-notch schedule. I think he should win it.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see the sophomore factor come in and McFadden win.

gonelong
12-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Arkansas running back Darren McFadden was named offensive player of the year by the SEC's coaches on Wednesday.

Interesting.

I think Tebow will win.

I have no favorite this season.

GL

RedsManRick
12-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I think Tebow will win but I think Dixon was clearly the most outstanding player in the country.

Handofdeath
12-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I know who should have received a little more attention and that is WR Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech. He is the first freshman 1st Team All American since Herschel Walker. He will probably win the Biletnikoff award tonight. It would not surprise me if he wound up being Top 10 in the Heisman voting. 125 receptions/1,861 yards/21 TD's. If I'm a betting man I put my money on Crabtree for the 2008 Heisman. He is that good.

marcshoe
12-06-2007, 04:58 PM
I think Tebow will win based on an overrated touchdown record. Who should? I don't know. Who do I want to win? Colt Brennan, but I don't think he really deserves it either.

RedsManRick
12-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Who should win is some lineman (Jake Long?) who will go on to have a long and productive NFL career. My biggest gripe about football is that the most important guys on the field get so little recognition.

FIRELEFT
12-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Who should win is some lineman (Jake Long?) who will go on to have a long and productive NFL career. My biggest gripe about football is that the most important guys on the field get so little recognition.
:beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::b eerme::beerme::beerme::beerme:

kaldaniels
12-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I think Tebow will win based on an overrated touchdown record. Who should? I don't know. Who do I want to win? Colt Brennan, but I don't think he really deserves it either.

The number of touchdown scores he has is overrated...but the fact he can rush for a 1st down on 3rd and 1 on his own 30 is underrated.

Danny Serafini
12-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Darren McFadden should breathe a little easier right now. Tim Tebow won the Maxwell Award tonight, which is a wonderful predictor of who won't win the Heisman. The last seven Maxwell winners have gone on to not win the Heisman.

Highlifeman21
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Darren McFadden should breathe a little easier right now. Tim Tebow won the Maxwell Award tonight, which is a wonderful predictor of who won't win the Heisman. The last seven Maxwell winners have gone on to not win the Heisman.

I never did understand the Maxwell award. It's also a "most outstanding player" award.

Seems kinda redundant with the Heisman, but as you've aptly informed us, winning the Maxwell doesn't always equal winning the Heisman.

Screwball
12-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Tebow it is.

KronoRed
12-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Well I am pleasantly shocked.

Screwball
12-08-2007, 08:57 PM
So is Tebow the first ever Sophomore to win the Heisman?

KronoRed
12-08-2007, 08:59 PM
So is Tebow the first ever Sophomore to win the Heisman?

Yep, hopefully the Heisman winners from the past who said they wouldn't vote for a sophomore will get the clue that it's not just a JR/SR award.

OnBaseMachine
12-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Congrats to Tebow.

OnBaseMachine
12-08-2007, 09:03 PM
While I would have liked for Brennan or Dixon win it, I have no problem congratulating Tebow. He had a damn fine season and he seems like a good guy. Congrats to Tebow.

Johnny Footstool
12-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Brennan deserved it. The kid was unstoppable when the pressure was on.

TheBigLebowski
12-08-2007, 09:25 PM
:beerme::beerme:

Timmy!!!!

Jack Burton
12-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Brennan deserved it. The kid was unstoppable when the pressure was on.
Ditto, Brennan should have got it.

Matt700wlw
12-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Check out his other trophy...:eek:

http://www.wcky.com/pages/mo.html

BRM
12-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Wow. It's good to be the big man on campus.

Matt700wlw
12-10-2007, 05:54 PM
His life doesn't suck.

TheBigLebowski
12-10-2007, 06:04 PM
That girl is incredible but she's not actually his girlfriend. She just asked him to pose for a pic with her.

I know most of you have never been to Gainesville but, lemme tell ya - the talent here is incredible. I doubt Timmy wants to be tied down to just one woman.