PDA

View Full Version : When Random Acts of Criminal Mischief Go Wrong...

Caveat Emperor
12-06-2007, 12:49 AM
I used to get mad a lot while driving, mostly at slow cars in the high speed lane, people who change lanes randomly without signaling, etc. Then, one day, I turned to shout at someone who had stolen a parking space from me at a Chipotle and out of the car popped the parents of a girl I was trying to see.

Thankfully I was able to bite my tongue and act like I was saying hi...but I learned my lesson about never spouting off before you know who the victim of your anger is...

This person? Never quite got around to learning that one:

Helen Hirsch isn’t a St. Xavier High School football fan.

Prosecutors say she doesn’t like the team’s fans very much, either.

The 62-year-old Springfield Township woman used a screwdriver to scrape fans’ cars during home games.

Hirsch lives in a condo complex off Galbraith Road near the stadium and didn’t like fans parking near her home, prosecutors say.

Hardly the crime of the century, not the sort of case Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters usually takes an interest in. But the damaged cars belonged to his son, two brothers and other St. Xavier fans, tipping him off that the vandalism wasn’t random.

A closer look turned up screwdriver digs to 17 cars, estimated at $40,000 damage.

Smooth. :laugh:

rotnoid
12-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I guess she screwed with the wrong guy.

Sorry, had to be done.

westofyou
12-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Coach Rasso would have disapproved.

Hoosier Red
12-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Helen Hirsch isn’t a St. Xavier High School football fan.

Prosecutors say she doesn’t like the team’s fans very much, either.

The 62-year-old Springfield Township woman used a screwdriver to scrape fans’ cars during home games.

Hirsch lives in a condo complex off Galbraith Road near the stadium and didn’t like fans parking near her home, prosecutors say.

Hardly the crime of the century, not the sort of case Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters usually takes an interest in. But the damaged cars belonged to his son, two brothers and other St. Xavier fans, tipping him off that the vandalism wasn’t random.

A closer look turned up screwdriver digs to 17 cars, estimated at $40,000 damage.

Am I just reading the sentance wrong or wouldn't Joe Deter's sons's two brothers also be Joe Deter's sons?

Chip R
12-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Helen Hirsch isnít a St. Xavier High School football fan.

Prosecutors say she doesnít like the teamís fans very much, either.

The 62-year-old Springfield Township woman used a screwdriver to scrape fansí cars during home games.

Hirsch lives in a condo complex off Galbraith Road near the stadium and didnít like fans parking near her home, prosecutors say.

Hardly the crime of the century, not the sort of case Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters usually takes an interest in. But the damaged cars belonged to his son, two brothers and other St. Xavier fans, tipping him off that the vandalism wasnít random.

Am I just reading the sentance wrong or wouldn't Joe Deter's sons's two brothers also be Joe Deter's sons?

Maybe they meant Deter's brothers.

Highlifeman21
12-06-2007, 05:10 PM
I read it as Deter's son, and Deter's brothers.

Just gives Joe another crusade.

The day Deter and Si Leis are out of Hamilton County, there will be much rejoicing from me.

Dom Heffner
12-08-2007, 12:24 AM
The day Deter and Si Leis are out of Hamilton County, there will be much rejoicing from me.

Yeah, good luck on that one.