PDA

View Full Version : Matt700WLW-intrepid traffic reporter

BUTLER REDSFAN
12-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Anyone else hear Matt700WLW giving the traffic reports on WLW this afternoon? A star is born :)

Bip Roberts
12-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I want his job

KronoRed
12-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Do you fly in the chopper Matt? :D

Chip R
12-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Do you fly in the chopper Matt? :D

Nah, he just beat his chest like Les Nessman did. ;)

BuckWoody
12-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Nah, he just beat his chest like Les Nessman did. ;)
I smell a Buckeye News Hawk award coming! :D

paintmered
12-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Learn this: "Things are slow going on I-75N due to an overturned semi in the cut-in the hill; long delays on I-75S from St. Rita's to Paddock; I-71 around Pheiffer is a mess, try to avoid that area if possible"

Repeat tomorrow.

cumberlandreds
12-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Next thing you know he will be doing the early morning farm reports. Then he will get that pig award Les had. (I don't remember the name of it)

Unassisted
12-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Then he will get that pig award Les had. (I don't remember the name of it)

The Silver Sow award.

I looked, but there is no picture of the award on the Internets. At least not in a place where the Google can find it.

Matt700wlw
12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Wow...people do listen!

:)

Thanks!

Dom Heffner
12-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Wow...people do listen!

When I interned with Seg in the sports department way back in the early 90s, he merely mentioned my name one Friday night for helping him gather high school football scores (and for getting him a sundae from UDF across the street in Mt. Adams lol).

Friends mentioned that to me 10 years after the fact.

Roy Tucker
12-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I heard the dulcet tones of Matt on Cinci traffic tonight as well.

Nice job. Is this a fill-in or permanent gig?

Yachtzee
12-08-2007, 10:04 AM

He could change his handle to "Nessman700WLW"

camisadelgolf
12-08-2007, 10:41 AM
More rock, Les Nessman!

Matt700wlw
12-08-2007, 01:19 PM

It's a fill in....but maybe it'll open some other doors.

I'd love to do it everyday....it's fun!

BoydsOfSummer
12-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Did you tap on your chest to simulate a helicopter?

Matt700wlw
12-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Did you tap on your chest to simulate a helicopter?

Thought about it... :)

RedFanAlways1966
12-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Thought about it... :)

Did you think (or know about) this, Matt?

June 2000
700 WLW Helicopter crash lands on Median of I-275 after leaving Blue Ash airport. Pilot and reporter uninjured.

:eek:

Matt700wlw
12-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I believe it went down twice actually...

No injuries either time, thankfully...

BUTLER REDSFAN
12-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Matt,

Did you throw any turkeys out??

Matt700wlw
12-08-2007, 07:02 PM
No turkeys

Yachtzee
12-08-2007, 11:29 PM
No turkeys

I guess someone clued you in on the flight capabilities of a farm-raised turkey?

Caveat Emperor
12-09-2007, 03:46 AM
Did you think (or know about) this, Matt?

June 2000
700 WLW Helicopter crash lands on Median of I-275 after leaving Blue Ash airport. Pilot and reporter uninjured.

:eek:

Last year, I was listening to Opie & Anthony on XM and they played audio from a live broadcast when a traffic helicopter in New York went down during the middle of a report.

It was the creepiest thing I'd ever heard in my life.

With the advent of systems like ARTEMIS, traffic helicopters really have become something of a relic.

gilpdawg
12-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Last year, I was listening to Opie & Anthony on XM and they played audio from a live broadcast when a traffic helicopter in New York went down during the middle of a report.

It was the creepiest thing I'd ever heard in my life.

With the advent of systems like ARTEMIS, traffic helicopters really have become something of a relic.
I heard that as well. Creepy thing is, that it was the second time that reporter had been in a crash. She didn't survive the second one. What are the odds it would happen twice?

Matt700wlw
01-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Starting Wednesday (1/23), I will be Chuck Ingram's right hand man. He will handle WLW and WEBN, I will handle WKRC and the generic traffic update (recorded, if you couldn't tell) that air on Homer, 94.1, Kiss 107.1. and the Fox, and I'll be doing traffic for WNKR in Kentucky (a country station, I think)....a genre variety for everyone :) Afternoons 3-6:30 monday - friday.

When Chuck needs off, or has to cover mornings, I'll slide over and take care of WLW and WEBN...

Hopefully it's a step in the right direction...and the start of something bigger.

BUTLER REDSFAN
01-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Matt,
Is it just me or does he always pronounce Fort Washington Way as Fart Washington Way?

Matt700wlw
01-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I'll have to listen for that one, he may say it a little differently...

Roy Tucker
01-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Starting Wednesday (1/23), I will be Chuck Ingram's right hand man. He will handle WLW and WEBN, I will handle WKRC and the generic traffic update (recorded, if you couldn't tell) that air on Homer, 94.1, Kiss 107.1. and the Fox, and I'll be doing traffic for WNKR in Kentucky (a country station, I think)....a genre variety for everyone :) Afternoons 3-6:30 monday - friday.

When Chuck needs off, or has to cover mornings, I'll slide over and take care of WLW and WEBN...

Hopefully it's a step in the right direction...and the start of something bigger.

Very cool and congratulations, Matt. :beerme:

Remember us little people when you reach the top. :cool:

Dom Heffner
01-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Coming from someone who got a nice little shot at working at WLW and WCKY solely because of Chuck Ingram myself, I can honestly say congrats and you're in good hands, as I'm sure you know.

I'm really kinda jealous. Makes me want to sell my insurance agency and go work overnights
somewhere.

GoReds33
01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Congratulations Matt. It defenitly looks like you're movin on up.

Matt700wlw
01-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Coming from someone who got a nice little shot at working at WLW and WCKY solely because of Chuck Ingram myself, I can honestly say congrats and you're in good hands, as I'm sure you know.

I'm really kinda jealous. Makes me want to sell my insurance agency and go work overnights
somewhere.

We may have an opening....the ATN producer had a bit of a mishap last night...

That mishap cost him his job...

Ltlabner
01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
We may have an opening....the ATN producer had a bit of a mishap last night...

That mishap cost him his job...

Whooopppss...what did said producer do? Forget to play the Jim Scott promo ?

Dom Heffner
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM
the ATN producer had a bit of a mishap last night...

Hopefully it wasn't one like I had when I accidentally misplayed Pete Gimmer's very mild cursing blooper over the air. Or the time I played the same exact hour of Rush Limbaugh back to back because someone mislabeled the DAT. Goodness, the phone calls I got on that one. Thank heavens Tony Bender was super cool and understanding to work with.

I remember one Sunday I took a very tiny take up reel and placed it opposite a very large full one and went ahead and played it on the air. Not sure what I was thinking was going to happen, but it wasn't pretty. :)

Matt700wlw
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM

:cool:

No, but that may be grounds for consequence as well :D

I'm not going to go into what happened...it's an unfortunate circumstance.

Yachtzee
01-18-2008, 04:54 PM
:cool:

No, but that may be grounds for consequence as well :D

I'm not going to go into what happened...it's an unfortunate circumstance.

He didn't think turkeys could fly, did he? ;)

Sorry. Shouldn't make fun of someone else's misfortune but I couldn't help myself.

Ron Madden
01-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Congrats Matt, best wishes for a long and productive future.

:thumbup:

BCubb2003
01-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Matt, did you ever see the movie "Pie in the Sky"? It sounds like your life.

BUTLER REDSFAN
01-20-2008, 07:19 PM

NO, he forgot to play the Tonya Roberts resort commercial with Tracy Jones(for the 5th time that day).

rotnoid
01-21-2008, 08:16 AM
NO, he forgot to play the Tonya Roberts resort commercial with Tracy Jones(for the 5th time that day).

You mean that's not a real interview? I, for one, am shocked. ;)

Matt700wlw
01-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Lance "interviews" Tonya now too....

There has got to be some serious jack involved

KittyDuran
02-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey Matt... heard your golden tones last night on WDJO (which is pretty much the only Clear Channel station I listen to now on a regular basis). Sounding good!

Now the big ? is... do you have a face for radio or are you halfway decent looking??? :evil:

BUTLER REDSFAN
02-14-2008, 10:34 AM
I think he sounds a little like Rod Serling

Matt700wlw
02-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Hey Matt... heard your golden tones last night on WDJO (which is pretty much the only Clear Channel station I listen to now on a regular basis). Sounding good!

Now the big ? is... do you have a face for radio or are you halfway decent looking??? :evil:

I'm a stud.

:p:

Seriously, I wouldn't say I have a "face for radio."

Thanks for listening.

KittyDuran
02-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I think he sounds a little like Rod SerlingI don't know about that - but he does sound more smooth than the others who sound like they are spitting out the words.

Bob Borkowski
11-27-2008, 10:09 AM

I just wanted to bring up this old thread because our boy Matt is really becoming high-profile with his work at WLW and elsewhere.

Everytime you turn around, Cunningham, McConnell and other guys are saying 'Matt Steinman does this' or 'Matt Steinman says that'. Great exposure.

Also, he has an excellent radio voice...very smooth and controlled. Easy to listen to. :cool:

Congratulations, Matt, and what do you think might be coming up next for you?

Spring~Fields
11-27-2008, 10:00 PM
The guy has the voice, we need Matt doing sports talk I'm telling you, someone pull some strings, make it happen.

Bob Borkowski
12-12-2008, 12:12 AM
The guy has the voice, we need Matt doing sports talk I'm telling you, someone pull some strings, make it happen.

Hey, you may have a point there but first I think he should do the news on the hour and on the half-hour for a while to gain even more credibility with the listeners. Then he could be given one of those early Saturday morning call-in shows to get really ready to head to the big time. :)