PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Italian?

GAC
12-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I bought a Christmas gift for my son from Ebay back on the 30th of November, and it turns out the seller is from Italy. I used Paypal, and they sent me a confirmation the money was sent. Yet I haven't received the item.

I did get a email from the seller, yet it's in Italian. And the only word I understand is the reference to me being a "Gentile". :lol:

I'm considering contacting Ebay because I'm having a very difficult time getting a hold of this seller.

If anyone knows Italian I'd be more then happy to PM you then email so you could translate it for me. I'd much appreciate it.

Matt700wlw
12-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Spaghetti.

Lasagna.

Linguini.

Rigitoni

Meatballs.

:)

Now I'm hungry.

WMR
12-12-2007, 10:44 PM
If no one bites, do a google search for Italian to English translator. There are some pretty good web utilities out there that will translate his letter for you.

pedro
12-12-2007, 10:48 PM
I bought a Christmas gift for my son from Ebay back on the 30th of November, and it turns out the seller is from Italy. I used Paypal, and they sent me a confirmation the money was sent. Yet I haven't received the item.

I did get a email from the seller, yet it's in Italian. And the only word I understand is the reference to me being a "Gentile". :lol:

I'm considering contacting Ebay because I'm having a very difficult time getting a hold of this seller.

If anyone knows Italian I'd be more then happy to PM you then email so you could translate it for me. I'd much appreciate it.

Try this GAC.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

vaticanplum
12-13-2007, 12:25 AM

Gentile means nice, sweet, kind, etc. Probably not what you think it means :)

I don't speak fluent Italian, but PM it to me and I'll probably be able to figure out the gist.

GAC
12-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses. I used the babelfish.altavista site and it worked great.

He is basically thanking me for his purchase and hopes I will leave a positive feedback.

I went to the Ebay website and used babelfish to send him a correspondence in Italian that I haven't received the item and when can I expect shipment. Keeping fingers crossed, but that is a cool website. Thanks again all.

SunDeck
12-14-2007, 10:25 AM
You might want to keep this phrase handy for future reference:

"Questo le potrà fare un po' male"

GAC
12-15-2007, 06:10 AM
You might want to keep this phrase handy for future reference:

"Questo le potrÓ fare un po' male"

"beans and disease to you too!" :lol:

http://www.mysticgames.com/famouspeople/pictures/ReddFoxx.jpg

GioInter
02-12-2008, 02:44 PM