PDA

View Full Version : Looks like it runs in the family...

HumnHilghtFreel
12-18-2007, 09:06 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20167059,00.html

Britney Spears's 16-year-old sister Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant, Nickelodeon confirmed Tuesday.

TC81190
12-18-2007, 09:08 PM
A classy bunch, those Spearses are.

Matt700wlw
12-18-2007, 09:11 PM
So far, she hasn't shown the world her.....parts.

TC81190
12-18-2007, 09:12 PM
So far, she hasn't shown the world her.....parts.

The key phrase in that post has been bolded.

Highlifeman21
12-18-2007, 10:25 PM

Wow.

But the real question is, "How old is her 'longtime boyfriend' Casey Aldridge?"

Matt700wlw
12-18-2007, 10:27 PM
The key phrase in that post has been bolded.

Sadly, that's probably true.

Caveat Emperor
12-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Britney Spears's 16-year-old sister Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant, Nickelodeon confirmed Tuesday.

The world is officially screwed up beyond all recognition when Nickelodeon is confirming a pregnancy.

Yachtzee
12-18-2007, 11:11 PM
The world is officially screwed up beyond all recognition when Nickelodeon is confirming a pregnancy.

No kidding. Imagine the uproar back in the day if Moose or Lisa Ruddy had gotten knocked up.

HumnHilghtFreel
12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Lynne Spears's Parenting Book 'Delayed Indefinitely'
TUESDAY DECEMBER 18, 2007 10:15 PM EST
By Marisa Laudadio

I guess any publicity isn't always good publicity after all.

Caveat Emperor
12-18-2007, 11:22 PM
No kidding. Imagine the uproar back in the day if Moose or Lisa Ruddy had gotten knocked up.

The true shocker would've been if Donkey Lips was the father. ;)

redsfanmia
12-19-2007, 06:21 AM

You just made my day, thank you.

Raisor
12-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Opps a Spears did it again.

savafan
12-19-2007, 07:19 AM
This kind of thing happens in all families *shrug*

durl
12-19-2007, 11:43 AM

Best line I've read all week.

rotnoid
12-19-2007, 11:57 AM

Wow.

But the real question is, "How old is her 'longtime boyfriend' Casey Aldridge?"

I heard somewhere he's 19. Also heard him referred to as "live-in" boyfriend. Something's just not right in that family.

Chip R
12-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Just goes to show, you can take the trash out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the trash.

bengalsown
12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
I know me and my wife probably got lucky (by not conceiving) a large amount of times back when we were in high school, guess that means she's trailer trash and part of the moral decay of the country as well.

How many posters in this thread weren't sexually active at any point in high school?

I feel sorry for this girl, not only does she have to live in the shadow of her trashy sister, she is going to make headline news everytime she screws up for the rest of her life.

RedsManRick
12-19-2007, 12:45 PM

Well, in all fairness, Disney already had their turn confirming underage naughty business.

traderumor
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Just goes to show, you can take the trash out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the trash.--Earl Hickey:)

WMR
12-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Please watch this.

It fully explains the phenomenon we are experiencing. :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVhGTDXSYbc

Chip R
12-19-2007, 01:32 PM
I know me and my wife probably got lucky (by not conceiving) a large amount of times back when we were in high school, guess that means she's trailer trash and part of the moral decay of the country as well.

How many posters in this thread weren't sexually active at any point in high school?

I feel sorry for this girl, not only does she have to live in the shadow of her trashy sister, she is going to make headline news everytime she screws up for the rest of her life.

So Britney is trashy but her sister just made a mistake?

vaticanplum
12-19-2007, 01:55 PM
So Britney is trashy but her sister just made a mistake?

I don't want to speak for the poster but I suspect he means that Britney has made a lot of "trashy" decisions at this point having nothing to do with being pregnant. Most people have sex at some point, teenaged or not; not everyone makes the decision to abuse drugs and alcohol and put his or her kids at risk.

Just a thought. No judgment on these girls though, I feel sorry for both of them.

Caveat Emperor
12-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Most people have sex at some point, teenaged or not; not everyone makes the decision to abuse drugs and alcohol and put his or her kids at risk.

It's not like there aren't basic steps that one can take to prevent teenage tomfoolery from resulting in a press release...

Just sayin' ;)

Chip R
12-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I don't want to speak for the poster but I suspect he means that Britney has made a lot of "trashy" decisions at this point having nothing to do with being pregnant. Most people have sex at some point, teenaged or not; not everyone makes the decision to abuse drugs and alcohol and put his or her kids at risk.

Just a thought. No judgment on these girls though, I feel sorry for both of them.

Britney was judged as being trashy even before she started with the drugs and the booze. She's had 2 kids and if the tabloid reports are true he has another one on the way. Now it seems her 16 year old little sister has followed her example. I realize kids have sex and some wind up pregnant. I graduated high school in a class of 44 and over 10% of the kids in that class either got pregnant or got a girl pregnant before they graduated. Unfortunately for Jamie-Lynn, she has to suffer the sins of her older sister.

Of course that is if this was an accident. During the throes of passion, some couples find it highly erotic to talk about getting pregnant. It also draws attention to yourself if you are a celebrity or in Jamie-Lynn's case, a quasi-celebrity. She's too young to pose for Playboy so getting pregnant like big sis may be a way to gain some more publicity.

WMR
12-19-2007, 02:35 PM
I can't believe that Jamie and Britney's mother's book on parenting has been "put 'on hold' indefinitely."

:laugh:

dabvu2498
12-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Rite Aid? CVS? Walgreens? Veterinarian's office?

Somebody please help the Spears girls!!!

Joseph
12-19-2007, 03:21 PM

Why do you feel sorry for her?

She can likely already buy and sell [so to speak] most of the people we all on this board know personally.

Likewise most of us who were doing these things in high school were more careful than she was, and those who weren't, aren't in her financial position to care for the child.

She made her bed, don't condone her actions through sympathy.

Hoosier Red
12-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Likewise most of us who were doing these things in high school were more careful than she was, and those who weren't, aren't in her financial position to care for the child.

Of course none of our indiscretions were debated on Reds message board.

There's good and bad in that of course, she gets compensated handily for her celebrity. That doesn't necessarily make it easier to handle.

Chip R
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Of course none of our indiscretions were debated on Reds message board.

There's good and bad in that of course, she gets compensated handily for her celebrity. That doesn't necessarily make it easier to handle.

That's the life she has chosen for herself, though. Her sister's been in the spotlight for at least a decade and she is on a TV show herself. She knows how the business works. Especially because of her family ties.

vaticanplum
12-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Why do you feel sorry for her?

She can likely already buy and sell [so to speak] most of the people we all on this board know personally.

She made her bed, don't condone her actions through sympathy.

Most of us were given a real chance to grow up though, and to make mistakes on a smaller scale without them getting beamed across the newswaves, and to make educated decisions about what we want out of our lives and how to go about getting it. That's why I feel sorry for them.

Roy Tucker
12-19-2007, 04:06 PM
I just wonder how they're going to work this into the Zoey 101 plot line.

Chip R
12-19-2007, 04:15 PM

She'll be standing behind a lot of things, holding things up in front of her, lots of closeups. Shows have been hiding their actresses being pregnant for decades.

Joseph
12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Doesn't the article say season 4 is already done shooting? Sounds like they could avoid any trickery altogether.

Yachtzee
12-19-2007, 07:13 PM

Looks like Zoey has decided to move up into the Advanced Placement class.

Dom Heffner
12-19-2007, 07:36 PM
A classy bunch, those Spearses are.

I thought this, too, until I remembered my own indiscretions.

Sounds like she is going to keep it. Good for her. :)

MrCinatit
12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Please watch this.

Idiocracy - I loved that movie. Required viewing for all.

WMR
12-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Idiocracy - I loved that movie. Required viewing for all.

Agree wholeheartedly, Mr. C!!! :D :D :D

Highlifeman21
12-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Please watch this.

Where do you find this stuff?

MrCinatit
12-20-2007, 07:39 AM

It is a clip from a movie called Idiocracy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/), directed by Mike "Office Space" Judge.
I thought it was one of the funnier - and relevant - movies of the year, but seemed to have sneaked under the radar of the general public. A tragedy, really.

What impresses me most, though, is Wily Mo finding that clip - which REALLY fits in well with the story!

Sea Ray
12-20-2007, 03:11 PM
No judgment on these girls though, I feel sorry for both of them.

I won't be shy in judging them. Those two girls are engaging in very irresponsible and self destructive behavior. This past generation has gotten away from making judgements to society's detriment, IMO.

As for feeling sorry for them, they have talent, opportunity and money that few of us do. Sure it does cost them a childhood but a lot of folks have rotten childhoods for various reasons. This little sis is blowing a wonderful opportunity to learn from Britt's mistakes. That's another opportunity lost.

Until this story broke I never even knew Brittany had a sister.

WMR
12-20-2007, 03:19 PM

:D

Dom Heffner
12-20-2007, 03:43 PM
As for feeling sorry for them, they have talent, opportunity and money that few of us do.

Which just goes to show you how little all those traits listed go towards making us perfect.

None of us is made a better person becuase we have a lot of things in our house or opportunities given to us.

God could have given me the talent to be the best piano player the world has ever seen, but it wouldn't make my judgment in having premarital sex any better or worse.

One would think those with more to lose should be smarter, but it doesn't work that way as we have seen time and time again.

While no one wants to be pregnant at 16, she is handling it pretty responsibly, which shows the sign of growing from a mistake. I think that's all we can ask of people.

traderumor
12-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Let's hope that part of that responsibility involves not letting Aunt Brit watch the little one.

Dom Heffner
12-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Let's hope that part of that responsibility involves not letting Aunt Brit watch the little one.

Terrific point.

What's weird to me is how for some it's a chance to pile on the Spear's family, when this little girl seems to be taking the dicey news head on. More than you can say for Britney.

TeamSelig
12-20-2007, 04:32 PM
This kind of thing happens in all families *shrug*

Yep. Not that big of a deal. If everyones life was published, no one would look good IMO.

Dom Heffner
12-20-2007, 04:38 PM
I thought I heard somewhere a book was no longer going to be published written by Mama Spears about being a good parent, and this pregnancy was the reason.

I guess it's just me, but Britney's antics would have made me never buy that book, not this little girl's.

If anything, she is showing us one way of handling a mistake.

BUTLER REDSFAN
12-20-2007, 06:49 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - Nickelodeon is considering a special for its young audience about sex and love following the news that 16-year-old "Zoey 101" star Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant.
The television network has made no announcement about the future of "Zoey 101," its popular program aimed primarily at youngsters aged 9- 14. Filming for the show's fourth and final season has finished, and episodes are scheduled to begin airing in February.

For the special, Nickelodeon said it's talking with Linda Ellerbee, the veteran newswoman who has stepped in frequently in the past with shows on talking to children about difficult issues in the news. She's done shows about same-sex parents, AIDS, the Columbine shooting and President Clinton's impeachment scandal

jmcclain19
12-20-2007, 11:08 PM
In order to drive a car you need to pass a written exam & showcase your skills out on the road before any state will issue you a license.

However, anyone can pop out a midget.

savafan
12-21-2007, 07:20 AM
However, anyone can pop out a midget.

Really? I want to pop out a midget! That'd be awesome. I can't imagine, my own little midget....

traderumor
12-21-2007, 04:12 PM
In order to drive a car you need to pass a written exam & showcase your skills out on the road before any state will issue you a license.

However, anyone can pop out a midget.Or post on a message board ;)

flyer85
12-21-2007, 04:21 PM
So far, she hasn't shown the world her.....parts.if she did people could get arrested.

GoReds33
12-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I honestly feel sorry for her. Sixteen is not what it usto be. To be honest, things like this don't seem to suprise me anyore. At sixteen years old, sex just isn't that new to kids anymore, with the internet and things of that nature so available to them.

By the way, her sister deserves being called trash, she's earned that title. Let's hold judgement on this one. I have had relatives that had kids at this age. I don't call them trash. They made mistakes... everyone does. Now let's see how she handles it.

Great video WilyMo.

Dom Heffner
12-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Sixteen is not what it usto be.

I was reading the other day that the average age people lose their virginity has been 15 and a half for the past 70 years or so (could have been before that, too, but they didn't survey people then).

The good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow's not as bad as it seems.

Billy Joel should write that into a song or something.

By the way, her sister deserves being called trash, she's earned that title.

She definitely brings this on herself. The video of her steaing the bic lighter is priceless.

WMR
12-27-2007, 11:28 PM
I thought I heard somewhere a book was no longer going to be published written by Mama Spears about being a good parent, and this pregnancy was the reason.

I guess it's just me, but Britney's antics would have made me never buy that book, not this little girl's.

If anything, she is showing us one way of handling a mistake.

Star magazine says today that Casey Aldridge is NOT the father of Jamie Lynn Spears baby, despite her claims, and in fact the real father is a producer on her show "Zoey 101". The producer/real dad is described as "much older" and he cannot come forward because it would be admitting to statutory rape and he would almost certainly face jail time. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Friends have said that Jamie Lynn was no longer even seeing Casey - and family members told Star that they believe the real father is a much older executive at her children’s TV show ‘Zoey 101′.

“Casey is being paid off to be the family’s fall guy while the real father remains unidentified,” Star magazine insists.
The magazine quotes “two separate Spears family insiders” who believe the father is someone who works on Jamie Lynn’s kids’ show.

All of this fits in nicely with reports that Spears is further along then she claims and the rumor from October that an older producer got the teen star of his show pregnant. It also fits with the image that, at some point, the father of a Spears baby would end up in jail. It's just destiny.

http://www.wwtdd.com/

HumnHilghtFreel
12-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Star magazine says today that Casey Aldridge is NOT the father of Jamie Lynn Spears baby, despite her claims, and in fact the real father is a producer on her show "Zoey 101". The producer/real dad is described as "much older" and he cannot come forward because it would be admitting to statutory rape and he would almost certainly face jail time. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Friends have said that Jamie Lynn was no longer even seeing Casey - and family members told Star that they believe the real father is a much older executive at her children’s TV show ‘Zoey 101′.

“Casey is being paid off to be the family’s fall guy while the real father remains unidentified,” Star magazine insists.
The magazine quotes “two separate Spears family insiders” who believe the father is someone who works on Jamie Lynn’s kids’ show.

All of this fits in nicely with reports that Spears is further along then she claims and the rumor from October that an older producer got the teen star of his show pregnant. It also fits with the image that, at some point, the father of a Spears baby would end up in jail. It's just destiny.

http://www.wwtdd.com/

And so the plot thickens...

dman
12-28-2007, 05:44 AM
Jamie Lynn Spears is getting a lot of blame here and other places that should be placed squarely on her mother. First, I agree totally that teenagers are very prone to "exploring" sexual activity. That being said, you don't do like her mother did and give your blessing on it by letting your 16 year old daughter have a 19 year old "live-in" boyfriend. Some accounts that I've heard state that he's been living with her for 3 years, which would put her at age 13 living with her then 16 year old boyfriend.:bang:

It becomes even more evident that maybe children's services should have investigated Britney and Jamie Lynn's mother.

GAC
12-28-2007, 06:21 AM

I heard they broke in on SpongeBob Squarepants with this breaking news.

klw
12-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Maybe Spongebob is the dad.

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/SpongeBob_Big_Action_L.jpg

traderumor
12-28-2007, 11:14 AM

http://www.wwtdd.com/Sounds like Maury Povich DNA testing time. "You are NOT the father."

Dom Heffner
12-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Maybe Spongebob is the dad.

That, um, thing on the left looks like a much likelier candidate. :)

UKFlounder
12-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Not "sponge-worthy" huh?

Chip R
12-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Not "sponge-worthy" huh?

:lol: She wouldn't have any problems if she had used the sponge.

deltachi8
12-28-2007, 10:04 PM
That, um, thing on the left looks like a much likelier candidate. :)

Jamie Lynne Starfish has a nice ring to it.

savafan
12-29-2007, 09:33 AM
http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

Age of consent in Louisiana is 17. Whoever the father is, legally, they committed statutory rape.

Yachtzee
12-29-2007, 01:07 PM
http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

Age of consent in Louisiana is 17. Whoever the father is, legally, they committed statutory rape.

Depends on where the act occurred. If it occurred in Mississippi, where the alleged boyfriend lives, it's 16. In California, it's 18.

sonny
12-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Savafan, OT....

Yowza with the new avatar!

savafan
12-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Savafan, OT....

Yowza with the new avatar!

I know...I'm a lucky man ;)

Caveat Emperor
12-29-2007, 01:57 PM
It becomes even more evident that maybe children's services should have investigated Britney and Jamie Lynn's mother.

There's a fair point here. I'd have to at least chuckle if the latest rumor turns out to be true and people start clamoring for the producer of the show to be prosecuted for statutory rape. Here's a girl that's been exploited her whole life (along with her sister) -- thrown out into the public spotlight from an early age and forced to dance, sing, act, and talk for the amusement of others. She's been working a job since she was 14, collecting a paycheck, hell she's probably a member of SAG and/or AFTRA. And NOW we're going to think she's had her innocence ruined?

Also, not to defend the mom here, but she's also far from the only "parent" I've seen/met that doesn't seem to know the first thing about parenting. Hers is a public case because of the nature of what her daughters were pushed into, but it happens on a regular basis all over the place. Even kids I knew growing up had parents that contributed to unbelievably bad behavior through indifference. One of my better friends had parents that would let giant parties be thrown in their house, ages ranging from 14-19, under the belief that it was OK since nobody was out in public hurting anything.

There are a lot of people who are bad parents -- but that's the nature of the beast when everyone has free reign to procreate wherever and whenever.

savafan
12-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, one of the producers on the show is Jamie Lynn and Britney's 30 year old brother. The other one is former Head of the Class star Dan Schneider

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/51110831.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEE195D1263DDE5002 A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Matt700wlw
12-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I know...I'm a lucky man ;)

Give me pointers!!!

:D

Yachtzee
12-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, one of the producers on the show is Jamie Lynn and Britney's 30 year old brother. The other one is former Head of the Class star Dan Schneider

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/51110831.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEE195D1263DDE5002 A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Well I suppose if she names the baby "Arvid," the jig, as they say, will be up.

Chip R
12-29-2007, 02:50 PM

Shudder