PDA

View Full Version : 10 years ago....(12/18/97)

Matt700wlw
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Chris Farley passed on... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Farley

In memory....

http://100percentinjuryrate.blogspot.com/2007/12/chris-farleys-sports-skits-and-other.html

What a funny, funny, funny guy who died too young.

redsfanmia
12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Matt Foley is my favorite all-time Saturday Night Live character by far. I cant believe its been 10 years.

Unassisted
12-19-2007, 04:59 PM
This is timely, as I'm reading Jay Mohr's book "Gasping for Airtime" which chronicles his 2 years with SNL, since they overlap with Farley's time there. Farley was beloved by his fellow cast members and legendary for how he could make them crack up laughing on the air. He would do sketches as they were scripted during rehearsal, but never failed to make "enhancements" to his costume or ad-lib some additional lines during the show.

There are also a couple of stories in the book about how Farley possessed gargantuan strength. He would engage in impromptu wrestling matches with his castmates and it would take no less than 3 or 4 of them to bring him down. If you tried to take him down one or two at a time, he would "flick you to the floor as if you were a leaf."

Great book if you enjoy SNL from that era. I highly recommend it.

I was living in Farley's hometown in Wisconsin, where his parents still lived, at the time he died. It was a sad time there when the city lost one of its favorite sons. :(

macro
12-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Where did those ten years go. It seems like two or three.

LoganBuck
12-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Last week they had a rerun of Leno circa 1995, where Tyra Banks and some other underwear model of the time, gave Chris and Jay, tips on how to model and look sexy striking a pose. Chris was just hilarious, he might have been a drunk, but darn he was funny.

Sad

redsfan30
12-20-2007, 11:50 AM
There's no way it's been 10 years already.....

jmcclain19
12-20-2007, 10:57 PM
This is timely, as I'm reading Jay Mohr's book "Gasping for Airtime" which chronicles his 2 years with SNL, since they overlap with Farley's time there. Farley was beloved by his fellow cast members and legendary for how he could make them crack up laughing on the air. He would do sketches as they were scripted during rehearsal, but never failed to make "enhancements" to his costume or ad-lib some additional lines during the show.

His van down by the River sketch is made infinitely more funny by David Spade trying is darndest not to explode with laughter thru most of it.