PDA

View Full Version : Bearcats hanging tough against #2 Memphis...

WMR
12-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Down 33-32 at halftime.

GoReds33
12-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Great game so far!!! This team is playing with heart. Memphis got up early, but UC came back with an equally good run. Go UC!!!!!!!

Matt700wlw
12-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Go Cats!!

:D

Matt700wlw
12-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Nice fight, Cats...

I guess, this year, those have to count for something...at least for us fans.

CTA513
12-19-2007, 10:14 PM
UC can't make layups or free throws.

NorrisHopper30
12-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Rose is going to be special. It's frustrating to listen to this.

The 'cats are turning it around, though. It's safe to say that these kids are improving.

GoReds33
12-19-2007, 10:29 PM
While we're talking about the Bearcats, I want to pose a question. A recruit named Bud Mackey, who is the 35th rated player in the 2008 class according to Rivals, is intrested in UC. There's just one catch, he's has been charged with selling drugs at his highschool. This kid is incredibly talented, but is this what we need?

LoganBuck
12-19-2007, 10:56 PM
I listened to the whole game on WLW. If the Bearcats had two decent wingmen, they could be a good team. It is going to be a long year.

paintmered
12-19-2007, 11:01 PM
They're improving. I think that's all we realistically can ask for right now.

CrackerJack
12-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah, playing up and down to their competition it seems, so we'll see once they play a lesser quality opponent than XU or Memphis, if they've truly improved I guess. Warren seems to have helped out quite a bit, as well as the youngsters. They just have no inside game, and make too many avoidable mistakes.

I have no idea why Cronin refuses to play McLain in the 2nd half. Watching Williamson and Adam makes me want to pull my hair out. I didn't think he got into foul trouble?

GoReds33
12-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah, playing up and down to their competition it seems, so we'll see once they play a lesser quality opponent than XU or Memphis, if they've truly improved I guess. Warren seems to have helped out quite a bit, as well as the youngsters. They just have no inside game, and make too many avoidable mistakes.

I have no idea why Cronin refuses to play McLain in the 2nd half. Watching Williamson and Adam makes me want to pull my hair out. I didn't think he got into foul trouble?Adam was terrible. He lets the ball go right through his hands. He can't make layups. I know they say that McClain isn't much of a scorer, but neither is Adam. Let the youngster play. No matter what some say, we're playing for the future. Adam is not the future, Anthony is.

Matt700wlw
12-19-2007, 11:31 PM
They're improving. I think that's all we realistically can ask for right now.

I agree.

If they keep playing like this, they may pull an upset or two this year.

paintmered
12-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Adam was terrible. He lets the ball go right through his hands. He can't make layups. I know they say that McClain isn't much of a scorer, but neither is Adam. Let the youngster play. No matter what some say, we're playing for the future. Adam is not the future, Anthony is.

I also noticed that Adam H likes to go to the dribble after a rebound in the paint. Not surprisingly, it gives defenders a chance to strip the ball or defend a shot. Son, you are 6'11". Keep the ball above your head and go straight to the rim with it.

UC/Memphis is a rivalry where both programs respect each other immensely. You can always expect UC/Memphis to be a physical, but clean match up. Also, Memphis fans are among the classiest I've ever encountered.