PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day and Single Game Tickets: When do they go on sale?

Ahhhorsepoo
12-26-2007, 12:12 PM
j/w i have been out of town alot the past month.. does anyone know when opening day tickets officially go on sale?

Degenerate39
12-26-2007, 01:15 PM
You might check the offical site and see if they have anything on there about it.

Ahhhorsepoo
12-26-2007, 02:07 PM
did.. didnt see anything.. soo i came here to ask..

redsfan1966
12-26-2007, 03:22 PM
i spoke to a reds rep during Redsfest....and I thought he mentioned the first weekend in March....

BEETTLEBUG
12-26-2007, 05:20 PM
That is awful late it should be middle of February but it probably is first weekend of March.

gedred69
12-26-2007, 09:09 PM
The FO absolutely sucks at letting the fans in on when they will start anything! If you call the ticket office and get the right guy, you may at least get a hint if you pump 'em for info'.

Newman4
12-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Usually they promote their season tickets packages for awhile then offer OD tickets in the "Power Packs" for a week or so and eventually sell single game OD tickets a week before single game tickets go on sale. First week of March might be when the single game OD tickets go on sale.

AmarilloRed
12-26-2007, 11:15 PM
March 31 is the Reds season home opener.

NatiRedGals
01-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Any news on this?

GoReds33
01-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Why not just buy one of the Reds ticket packages? You secure your opening day seat, as well as many more good games.

BearcatShane
01-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Why not just buy one of the Reds ticket packages? You secure your opening day seat, as well as many more good games.

Some people can't afford that though.

GoReds33
01-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Some people can't afford that though.Neither can I, I'm just sayin. They're not too expensive though. For example, you can get a 20 game weekend pack including opening day ticket in terrace outfield seats for only $345. It's $150 for that plan with a bleacher seat...you can always move down. That's not too bad. I do however understand that other things, such as parking and concessions cost a lot.

BearcatShane
01-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Neither can I, I'm just sayin. They're not too expensive though. For example, you can get a 20 game weekend pack including opening day ticket in terrace outfield seats for only $345. It's $150 for that plan with a bleacher seat...you can always move down. That's not too bad. I do however understand that other things, such as parking and concessions cost a lot.

Damn, I can get a 20 game pack for $150!? Thats whats up, I'm gonna have to look into that.

Edit: Nevermind the bleachers are horrible. $345 isn't that bad though for a normal seat.

GoReds33
01-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Damn, I can get a 20 game pack for $150!? Thats whats up, I'm gonna have to look into that.

Edit: Nevermind the bleachers are horrible. $345 isn't that bad though for a normal seat.Here's a link.
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/season_20game.jsp

BearcatShane
01-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Thanks. I'm definately gonna look into that.

TC81190
01-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Online, and at GABP? I need around 5-6 tickets as well, so what is my best bet for getting some tickets to opening day?

BEETTLEBUG
01-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Be married to a FO personel.

TC81190
01-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Be married to a FO personel.

Awesome.

Anyone have some other, possibly more realistic alternatives?

BearcatShane
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure the date has been set yet. The season starts in less than 3 months, I think the date should have been set by now but whatever..

gedred69
01-06-2008, 10:54 PM

Edit: Nevermind the bleachers are horrible. $345 isn't that bad though for a normal seat.

If they are not already gone, a 20 game pkg. in the bleachers for me any how is in the 3rd row, and it is a decent seat. 1/2 season or full season gets you in the 1st 2 rows. The 20 game does not include OD, but guarantees you the opportunity to buy an OD ticket, at a better seat. (My OD seat last year was in the 7th row of the Sun Deck). I think the cheaper price for the partial or full season tickets might have expired 12/31. Go to season tickets at Reds web-site and check pricing. My total price this year was $170/seat, but doesn't include whatever I will end up paying for OD. The 20 game pkg. makes you a season ticket holder, so I got a "season ticket holder" free pass to Redsfest, putting you in a special, much shorter line, a lot more autographs, and the chance to interact with the players.

Newman4
01-07-2008, 02:12 PM

If I lived near Cincinnati, I'd buy the bleacher tickets and then just move closer like someone earlier mentioned.

Newman4
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
If they are not already gone, a 20 game pkg. in the bleachers for me any how is in the 3rd row, and it is a decent seat. 1/2 season or full season gets you in the 1st 2 rows. The 20 game does not include OD, but guarantees you the opportunity to buy an OD ticket, at a better seat. (My OD seat last year was in the 7th row of the Sun Deck). I think the cheaper price for the partial or full season tickets might have expired 12/31. Go to season tickets at Reds web-site and check pricing. My total price this year was $170/seat, but doesn't include whatever I will end up paying for OD. The 20 game pkg. makes you a season ticket holder, so I got a "season ticket holder" free pass to Redsfest, putting you in a special, much shorter line, a lot more autographs, and the chance to interact with the players.

And of course, if you didn't want the OD ticket, you could always make up a large part of that $150 by selling the OD ticket on Ebay.

gedred69
01-07-2008, 08:03 PM
And of course, if you didn't want the OD ticket, you could always make up a large part of that $150 by selling the OD ticket on Ebay.

Ha Ha Ha! Is that a hint? Not a chance I give up my OD ticket. I have been to every OD since 1990, and the majority since 1961! I even flew home from work in San Jose, Ca. in '95!---(Well, okay, so maybe a 2nd row seat to the Eagles reunion Concert gave some added incentive to the trip home)......

GoReds33
01-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I have never been to Opening Day. It's a weekday, so as most people, I'm busy. It's also way too expensive. Still, if I could pay to re-live some of the moments I have experienced, I would do it in a heartbeat. There's nothing like Great American Ballpark on a clear night. There's nothing like Griffey Jr. stepping up to the plate. Hopefully I can secure that illusive ticket this year.

gedred69
01-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I have never been to Opening Day. It's a weekday, so as most people, I'm busy. It's also way too expensive. Still, if I could pay to re-live some of the moments I have experienced, I would do it in a heartbeat. There's nothing like Great American Ballpark on a clear night. There's nothing like Griffey Jr. stepping up to the plate. Hopefully I can secure that illusive ticket this year.

Do it! It is an incredible experience. I always take a vacation day far in advance so as to not miss it. I even ask the boss if he wants to go! Being as you won't have to compete for a ticket with Cubs fans this year, (Thank God), it may just be attainable.

fugowitribe
01-18-2008, 03:21 AM
I did the "Power Pack" thing last year, and I loved being able to have all of the fireworks nights, and of course Opening Day, but the opponents were weak last year. I wish they would put out a package of about 5 games, including opening day, one or two from the Boston series, Cleveland, and maybe fan appreciation day for those fans who live about three hours away who don't have enough time (or money with gas prices) to make it to all 20 games of a Weekend or "Power Pack".

BEETTLEBUG
01-18-2008, 05:49 AM
Has anyone heard if they are going to do Power Pack with Opening Day in it this year?

Newman4
01-18-2008, 11:28 AM
I have never been to Opening Day. It's a weekday, so as most people, I'm busy.

People work in Cincinnati on OD? I thought it was a holiday. :D

stevekun
01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
When do single game tickets go on sale?

Degenerate39
01-21-2008, 12:59 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/spring_training/tickets.jsp?c_id=cin

That might answer your question

GoReds33
01-21-2008, 01:04 PM
They havn't announced regular tickets yet. Usually not until March though. It may start in Febuary.

BEETTLEBUG
01-22-2008, 05:09 AM
Are they going to have the eleven game pack with O D in it ?

muethibp
01-22-2008, 10:00 AM

I don't think that's announced yet, though I would certainly think they would do that again.

schmidty622
01-22-2008, 10:07 AM
They wont announce in the hopes that more people buy ticket packages. Its really a pretty crappy thing to do to the fans who do not have 1000 dollars to spend on Reds tickets.

scounts22
01-22-2008, 10:08 AM

I haven't seen anything with that, but they did offer the Baker's dozen for either all Friday, Saturday, or Sunday games. My friend and I got bleacher seats for all of the Saturday games. I'm pretty excited. It looks like we hit the jackpot with the promotional schedule and we get to see one of the Red Sox games too!

Stephenk29
01-22-2008, 12:18 PM
what's the Baker's dozen cost?

scounts22
01-22-2008, 01:14 PM
what's the Baker's dozen cost?

From reds.com:
13 games for the price of 12!
Choose from all 13 Fridays, all 13 Saturdays or all 13 Sundays
Each plan guarantees you one game of the Boston series
Purchase prior to January 31 and get the best prices of the year

2008 Season Schedule
LOCATION PAY BY 1/31/08 PAY AFTER 1/31/08 SAVINGS**
Dugout Club N/A N/A N/A
Infield Box N/A N/A N/A
Field Box $420 $433 $47
Mezzanine $276 $289 $35
View Level Box $276 $289 $35
Sun/Moon Deck $276 $289 $35
Terrace Outfield $240 $253 $32
View Level $180 $193 $27
Bleachers $96 $109 $20

gedred69
01-22-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm thinking the Baker's dozen might kill the power pack that included OD. Know somebody who knows somebody in Season Ticket sales, and the main thing behind the Powerpack was to help Reds fans from from having to fight Cubs fans for OD tickets, while assuring sales for 9 more games at least. Sooo, like last year I just bought a 20 game pack that guarantees I get to buy an OD ticket. As a bonus, I'm considered a season ticket holder, which is a real (+) at things like Redsfest.

crazybob60
01-23-2008, 12:52 AM
What about just single opening day tickets for people who do not buy some sort of season ticket package...

schmidty622
01-23-2008, 10:47 AM
What about just single opening day tickets for people who do not buy some sort of season ticket package...

Just got an email reply back from the reds ticket office and they said to expect opening day tickets in late February, early March, sold to the public through an internet lottery.

Grounds_Crew
01-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Just got an email reply back from the reds ticket office and they said to expect opening day tickets in late February, early March, sold to the public through an internet lottery.

Good luck getting it via the lottery though. YOu all remember how FEW people got that opportunity last year.

Newman4
01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I don't know if this helps anyone or not, but I just spoke to a rep from the group sales department and if you book your group outing of at least $500 prior to Jan. 31st then you are guaranteed the opportunity to purchase two opening day tickets.

mroby85
01-23-2008, 04:08 PM
i bought the bakers dozen package, but it doesn't include opening day, and we live 2 hours from cincinnati, so its not very realistic to buy a 20 + game package.

GoReds33
01-23-2008, 04:12 PM
People work in Cincinnati on OD? I thought it was a holiday. :DAt most places you can watch the game during work, and things like that.

Grounds_Crew
01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Let me clear up some things for a lot of you guys. It seems like a lot of you have hopes of getting Opening Day tickets. So, I'm going to break it down and explain your only ways to get them....without a lot of luck that is.

Obviously, if you buy anything larger or equal to a 20 game season ticket package, you will get Opening Day tickets. With that said, you will NOT have the opportunity to attend Opening Day by purchasing a Baker's Dozen package. That also means that there will NOT be any Power Packs sold this year.

You're only other option besides EBAY or scalpers is to enter the online lottery, just like the one that they offered last year. With that said, consider what I'm being told from the front office...."last year, over 100,000 entries were received for the online lottery. ONLY 1% of those entries were given the opportunity to purchase Opening Day tickets."

So, if it means THAT much to you...and you REALLY want to attend, you're best bet is to purchase a 20 game package. Otherwise, be prepared to be watching from home or pay out the ass on Ebay, etc.

This is all confirmed info...it most likely will not change at all.

Newman4
01-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I spoke with a Reds rep yesterday and if you're planning a group outing of at least $500 in tickets and purchase prior to 1/31 then you get to purchase two opening day tickets. Thought that might help some.

redsfan1966
01-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Dont know exactly when the Opening Day Lottery will be held..but according to a Reds rep at the Winter Caravan tonite---Individual game tickets will be sold beginning March 1st.

Sean_CaseyRules
01-25-2008, 02:50 PM
I talked to a few guys at the Caravan last night, and single game tickets are going on sale on March 1st or 4th. That's pretty narrowed down.

gedred69
01-26-2008, 12:22 AM
It has gotten to the point that you gotta' buy more than you would normally consider, if you want to have a ticket to the premier games, ala, OD, Bosox, NYY, etc. This shouldn't surprise anyone. Baseball rules, and they know it. Hmm. Imagine that...... What one of us wouldn't do something dastardly for a ticket to attend OD!! But, keep the faith, as you won't have to fight Cubs fans for an OD ticket this year, it may be easier. (That makes me happy on several fronts):D

RSNtransplant
01-26-2008, 03:20 PM
I spoke with a Reds rep yesterday and if you're planning a group outing of at least $500 in tickets and purchase prior to 1/31 then you get to purchase two opening day tickets. Thought that might help some.

I bought a large group already and the opening day bonus tickets are only available if you buy a group spending $500 or more for the April games. My group is in June, is paid for and I do not get bonus OD tickets.

Just a thought, you'd have to split a 20 game pack, but it seems like quite a few people cannot afford a 20 game pack, but if 2 or more of you went in together, you might make it work. My suggestion would be a weekday pack, since it is the smallest you can buy(42 games) that includes opening day, plus you get bonus opening day tix(I had weekday package last year). Your seat location will be slightly better with the weekday pack as well.

Newman4
01-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I bought a large group already and the opening day bonus tickets are only available if you buy a group spending $500 or more for the April games. My group is in June, is paid for and I do not get bonus OD tickets.

Just a thought, you'd have to split a 20 game pack, but it seems like quite a few people cannot afford a 20 game pack, but if 2 or more of you went in together, you might make it work. My suggestion would be a weekday pack, since it is the smallest you can buy(42 games) that includes opening day, plus you get bonus opening day tix(I had weekday package last year). Your seat location will be slightly better with the weekday pack as well.

Hmmm, I was told it's for any month. A guy named Bart Conway is my rep. Our group is for May.

RSNtransplant
01-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Hmmm, I was told it's for any month. A guy named Bart Conway is my rep. Our group is for May.

Hopefully I am wrong then, or they expanded the games the offer was good for(I made our group purchase back @ Redsfest), I wouldn't shake my nose at an extra pair of OD tickets that is for sure.

Ahhhorsepoo
01-28-2008, 01:22 PM
If anyone has any OD tickets (sundeck or better) that they want to sell pm me I would be more than willing to shell out double to triple face value.. and it would be going to a good cause since I have never been to OD..

redsfan34
01-28-2008, 03:56 PM
I dont see where the 20 day plan has to offer opening day? Because opening day is 3/31 and the 20 game ticket plan starts 4/2 so can somone point this out to me? thank you.

RSNtransplant
01-28-2008, 04:02 PM
I dont see where the 20 day plan has to offer opening day? Because opening day is 3/31 and the 20 game ticket plan starts 4/2 so can somone point this out to me? thank you.

The 20 game plans include an option to buy OD bonus tickets, check out the "red carpet" incentives program below all the season ticket package options on the Reds website.

Grounds_Crew
01-28-2008, 04:02 PM

You purchase the 20 game pack....and then you get the option to ADDITIONALLY purchase Opening Day tickets. You can accept or decline that option...most will accept it. So, you have to pay for the OD tickets in excess to your 20 game pack.

redsfan34
01-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Ok so if I buy plan A or B I have the choice to buy a pair of opening day tickets? Or can i buy multiple?

RSNtransplant
01-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok so if I buy plan A or B I have the choice to buy a pair of opening day tickets? Or can i buy multiple?

I had weekday plan last year, 2 seats and was able to buy a pair of OD bonus tickets. I heard from another season ticket owner that even though he had 4 seats for full season he was only offered a pair of OD bonus tickets.

redsfan34
01-28-2008, 09:40 PM
I mean i'm mainly in it for OD and one of the boston games, but there gonna sell out soo fast. I just wanna make sure if i spend a crap laod of money make sure I get OD tickets too, you know.

I(heart)Freel
01-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Let me clear up some things for a lot of you guys. It seems like a lot of you have hopes of getting Opening Day tickets. So, I'm going to break it down and explain your only ways to get them....without a lot of luck that is.

Obviously, if you buy anything larger or equal to a 20 game season ticket package, you will get Opening Day tickets. With that said, you will NOT have the opportunity to attend Opening Day by purchasing a Baker's Dozen package. That also means that there will NOT be any Power Packs sold this year.

You're only other option besides EBAY or scalpers is to enter the online lottery, just like the one that they offered last year. With that said, consider what I'm being told from the front office...."last year, over 100,000 entries were received for the online lottery. ONLY 1% of those entries were given the opportunity to purchase Opening Day tickets."

So, if it means THAT much to you...and you REALLY want to attend, you're best bet is to purchase a 20 game package. Otherwise, be prepared to be watching from home or pay out the ass on Ebay, etc.

This is all confirmed info...it most likely will not change at all.

Funny, my source tells me not to count out Power Paks just yet.

And I really really trust my source.

RSNtransplant
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Funny, my source tells me not to count out Power Paks just yet.

And I really really trust my source.

For those that are not getting OD tickets with a season ticket package, the Reds selling Power Paks including OD would now be the best option to get OD, OD lottery a distant second and Paying a Premium right behind lottery. The deadline for lower prices and bonus OD ticket was yesterday.

foltza
02-01-2008, 08:03 PM
do they no longer sell OD tickets at the box office and tickets.com outlets? it's been four or five years since i tried, but i remember being able to go to a Meijer grocery store in columbus oh, wait in line a few hours before they went on sale and being able to get them

RSNtransplant
02-02-2008, 09:39 AM
do they no longer sell OD tickets at the box office and tickets.com outlets? it's been four or five years since i tried, but i remember being able to go to a Meijer grocery store in columbus oh, wait in line a few hours before they went on sale and being able to get them

Last year i believe it was bonus tickets for ST holders, then they sold the power packs including OD tickets, then whatever was left was sold via lottery. Past performance is no guarantee of future...

Moonlite Graham
02-02-2008, 11:53 AM
I can concur what I Heart Freel was saying, I talked to my account rep in the Reds last week and he said that Power Packs would be offered sometime in Feburary, just didnt know what date.

And that the Packs would again include OD tickets.

RSNtransplant
02-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I can concur what I Heart Freel was saying, I talked to my account rep in the Reds last week and he said that Power Packs would be offered sometime in Feburary, just didnt know what date.

And that the Packs would again include OD tickets.

Once they figure out how many pairs to set aside for the bonus OD commitment they have to ST accounts, they ought to now how many power packs they can put together. Those won't sell out anyway, but on the one task at a time schedule they seem to have that should mean 2 more weeks. Anyone else think they are slow in getting the product out to the people?

gedred69
02-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Once they figure out how many pairs to set aside for the bonus OD commitment they have to ST accounts, they ought to now how many power packs they can put together. Those won't sell out anyway, but on the one task at a time schedule they seem to have that should mean 2 more weeks. Anyone else think they are slow in getting the product out to the people?

Yep. They are the slowest in all of baseball I think. They were even slow giving out the ST schedule so I could plan my annual March trek, (which cost me at least $100 extra for a flight) and slow at offering them for sale. No reason to expect them to be any better at the regular season. Not very devotee-fan friendly IMO.

Shaknb8k
02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Does anyone remember how much opening day tickets went for on eBay last year? Im trying to get tickets no matter what for this year so im willing to pay more on ebay. Lets say Sun/Moon deck seats? About how much do you think 2 of them would go for?

gedred69
02-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Does anyone remember how much opening day tickets went for on eBay last year? Im trying to get tickets no matter what for this year so im willing to pay more on ebay. Lets say Sun/Moon deck seats? About how much do you think 2 of them would go for?

As a 20 game pkg. holder, the OD ticket I was offered to buy was in the Sun Deck. I sold it "friendly" for $100 to a Reds fan (Didn't want a Cub ---hole to get it), because my bro' had a better seat for me that he got in the Lottery. I really think it is not going to be as tough this year. Remember, in the past we've had to fight Cubs fans for tickets to OD. Words alone cannot express how glad I am we don't have to put up with those SOB's this year!! Good God! I should be publicly flogged for neglecting to mention how far ARIZONA is from Cincinnati! (Won't have to fight Az. fans for OD tickets...Boooo on goodyear! Long live the Reds ST in Fla.....................

RSNtransplant
02-04-2008, 11:49 PM

You should try craigslist, little more work to find tickets, but while you waited on the OD lottery you could look for tickets there. Advertisements are set up by location so you can find local seller and meet. Don't send any money oversees via some phony holding company that guarantees you will get tickets once you send money to them - my apologies if you already know better.

Redsfanao
02-05-2008, 08:16 PM
From Ctrent:

Also this from the Reds:

In an effort to make Opening Day tickets available to as many fans as possible, the Reds announced a new ticket opportunity for that March 31 game vs the Diamondbacks...from 9:00 a.m. Monday, February 11 through 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 12, fans can register at reds.com for the chance to purchase up to 4 Opening Day tickets...this online registration is the only way to purchase individual game tickets to Opening Day...to guarantee ticket options to Opening Day, fans can purchase any eligible season ticket plan...for more information, log on to reds.com.

GoReds33
02-05-2008, 08:55 PM
I have an idea. Why not have everybody who wants an opening day ticket pay for a ticket, and then if they don't get that ticket, they have to use that towards another game. I would pay money for the shot at an OD ticket.

RSNtransplant
02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I have an idea. Why not have everybody who wants an opening day ticket pay for a ticket, and then if they don't get that ticket, they have to use that towards another game. I would pay money for the shot at an OD ticket.

Because the majority of people who paid would not get tickets and it would be a negative experience. At least with the lottery you don't have to put money up front to get your chance @ OD tickets.

Mr.MojoRisin
02-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Man, I want OD tickets so bad I can taste it. Someday.

Grounds_Crew
02-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Anyone else not able to register for the lottery? It was supposed to open at 9am ... its 9:10 and no luck yet.

redsfanfalcon
02-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Anyone else not able to register for the lottery? It was supposed to open at 9am ... its 9:10 and no luck yet.

They haven't opened it yet for some reason...just checked it.

Grounds_Crew
02-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Just got in.

BEETTLEBUG
02-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Just Got In Yea!!

RedlegsPR
02-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Here is the link to the OD tix registration page:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/openingdayregistration.jsp#enter

Grounds_Crew
02-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Here is the link to the OD tix registration page:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/openingdayregistration.jsp#enter

That's a pretty productive first post!

RSNtransplant
02-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Anyone with Season Ticket account get their invoice for OD bonus tickets yet? They came last year prior to lottery. Just wondering if we are going to get notified of sale when lottery winners are notified and it will be first come first serve for season ticket holders as well as the lottery winners.

Stephenk29
02-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know how the flex plan works?

RSNtransplant
02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know how the flex plan works?

I know a guy who has Flex plan, he likes that he can get different amounts of tickets to different games(he's got premium plan, so club and diamond seats). Although, they told him earlier this year, that he wouldn't be able to get Sox tickets with the flex plan. So they may black out all, or some of the premium games.

Stephenk29
02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I know a guy who has Flex plan, he likes that he can get different amounts of tickets to different games(he's got premium plan, so club and diamond seats). Although, they told him earlier this year, that he wouldn't be able to get Sox tickets with the flex plan. So they may black out all, or some of the premium games.

I've never bought season ticket myself but I was thinking about it this year. Do you get to pick your seats when you buy them, or do they just give you some random ones? I don't want to request view level then sit in the top row in the left field corner.

RSNtransplant
02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I've never bought season ticket myself but I was thinking about it this year. Do you get to pick your seats when you buy them, or do they just give you some random ones? I don't want to request view level then sit in the top row in the left field corner.

The first year I got them, I went down to the stadium, they showed me what was available and I got to pick. Then you can renew, upgrade, downgrade etc from there.

Grounds_Crew
02-12-2008, 11:31 PM
I got my letter in the mail yesterday (season ticket holder) letting me know that I can purchase tickets on Thursday morning via a password. Ironically, that's the same day that the lottery ticket winners get to make their purchase.

RSNtransplant
02-13-2008, 09:25 AM
I got my letter in the mail yesterday (season ticket holder) letting me know that I can purchase tickets on Thursday morning via a password. Ironically, that's the same day that the lottery ticket winners get to make their purchase.

Got my letter too, I'm happy they are doing it earlier and notifying the general section your seats will be in(mine says Field Box). If they are really on the ball, when purchasing we will get the exact seat location. This is better than last year, send us money and wonder when you will get the tickets and where they will be.

lilacgirl
02-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Has anyone won the opportunity to purchase Opening Day tickets through the online lottery?

NatiRedGals
02-13-2008, 11:33 AM
i have not received anything yet

BearcatShane
02-13-2008, 11:35 AM
If anyone on here did win, and would like to sell their tickets or bought 4 and would like to sell 2 of them PM me.

justincredible
02-13-2008, 01:56 PM
When will I get notified that I won the chance to buy tickets? :)

lilacgirl
02-13-2008, 04:27 PM
no luck. just received an email saying my entry was not selected for tx purchase opp.

Newman4
02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
I haven't got an email at all....anyone else in this situation?

Mr.MojoRisin
02-13-2008, 11:49 PM
no luck. just received an email saying my entry was not selected for tx purchase opp.

Me too. Always my luck.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
02-14-2008, 12:25 AM
The OD lottery is a joke, I personally know about 50 people who registered and have yet to hear of anyone getting a congratulations e-mail. My wife and I both registered and her e-mail was very polite telling her that even though she did not win that she could follow a link to purchase a season ticket plan. My e-mail had no link and basically said sorry about your luck. How hard would it have been for them to send everyone the same e-mail.

Jerry Narron
02-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Anyone know when single game tickets go on sale?

Carin4Narron
02-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Does anyone know when they go on sale?

RSNtransplant
02-25-2008, 12:37 PM
I'd bet the Reds don't even have a set date. I would guess the Saturday after the power packs are no longer on sale

justincredible
02-25-2008, 01:18 PM
I am pretty sure it is March 1st.

RSNtransplant
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I am pretty sure it is March 1st.

you have a source? or just a hunch? 5+ days from now and no notification.

justincredible
02-25-2008, 01:49 PM
you have a source? or just a hunch? 5+ days from now and no notification.

Went to my girlfriends parents for dinner yesterday and they got a ticket order form in the mail. The form said something about tickets going on sale March 1st.

RSNtransplant
02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Went to my girlfriends parents for dinner yesterday and they got a ticket order form in the mail. The form said something about tickets going on sale March 1st.

Thanks

justincredible
02-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks

No problem. I was very anxious to find out as well so I am glad we went up there. Gotta jump on Diamond seats for the Reds HOF induction night! :)

fugowitribe
02-25-2008, 10:55 PM
I wonder what happens with the Opening Day tickets not sold in the ticket packages and not given away during the lottery, because if you want to, you can still get a powerpack in the view level.

RSNtransplant
02-26-2008, 04:10 PM

I can confirm this info, just got email tickets on sale to public 3/1. They will sell games to season ticket accounts starting tomorrow @ 10am till Friday 5pm.

freestyle55
02-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Per Lance McAllister's blog (http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html)...

Reds ticket info
Single Game Tickets:
Individual game tickets for all 2008 regular season
games, with the exception of Opening Day and the June 13-15 Boston Red
Sox series, will go on sale Saturday, March 1 at 9 a.m. ET. Fans have
many options to get single game tickets:
* Internet: reds.com
* Phone: 513-381-REDS or 877-647-REDS (7337)
* In person: Great American Ball Park ticket windows and all Greater
Cincinnati Meijer stores
Reds 4-Packs:
Tickets for the June 13-15 weekend series against the
defending World Series champions Boston Red Sox will be available as a
new four-game ticket package on Saturday, March 1 at 9 a.m. ET...only at
reds.com. Fans can choose from:
* Friday, June 13 Boston game and pick three other Friday games
* Saturday, June 14 Boston game and pick three other Saturday games
* Sunday, June 15 Boston game and pick three other Sunday games
Ticket Prices:
Regular season individual game ticket prices range from
$7 to $42 per seat. There is an additional $5 charge per ticket for
Select Games (vs Cle 5/16-5/18; vs Chi 9/5-9/7) and an additional $15
charge per ticket for Premier Games (vs Bos 6/13-6/15).
GABP Box Office:
Beginning Monday, March 3, ticket windows at Great
American Ball Park will be open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and
Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

RSNtransplant
03-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Anyone get Lottery, Bonus OD, or season tickets delivered yet?

adampad
03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm was the same...

When are they expected to be in peoples hands? When did season ticket holders get them in the previous years?