PDA

View Full Version : real classy wlw

BUTLER REDSFAN
12-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Reporter Will Sterrett Gone From WLW-AM

This just in: I finally confirmed the fourth person fired late last week in the Clear Channel budget cuts: News reporter-anchor Will Sterrett. He had just come to WLW in September from Atlanta, where he was an anchor/supervising producer for the CNN Radio Network.
"In your Clear Channel cuts blog entry you ended the list of those let go with "(anybody else?)," so I figured I'd pass along another one. I was let go Friday, also because of budget, from my reporter/anchor spot at WLW. I'd just come to Cincinnati from Atlanta in September, so I feel like I'm leaving a lot of unfinished business behind since I'd just gotten my sleeves rolled up and gotten down to work - but that's how it goes," he wrote in an email

They hired him in September, he uprooted everything, and they let him go in December???????? Pathetic...

GoReds33
12-27-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't know if I would call it pathetic. However Clear Channel never seems to care about their employees. It's all about the bottom line. Until somebody sends them a message that this kind of firing isn't going to help that bottom line, these firings will continue.

durl
12-27-2007, 10:33 PM
What was his severance package? Even if he got very little, that's the way it works in media. You never know what's going to happen and people in that business are fully aware of that. His email seems to make that point well.

WVRed
12-28-2007, 09:09 PM
You stay classy WLW.

deltachi8
12-28-2007, 09:52 PM
thats the real world for ya