PDA

View Full Version : Trent's farewell post

BearcatShane
12-28-2007, 01:49 PM
http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

"There’s also an opportunity here in town that would be incredible, fun and challenging. It’s an exciting new opportunity with people who are thinking forward and have some great ideas, and they want me to be involved. With that, this also won’t be goodbye, just a chance to move to different surroundings. If that happens, let’s just say the word will get out."

I'm guessing this is a radio gig.

Bip Roberts
12-28-2007, 02:47 PM
I would hate to have to listen to him, i barely can stand reading his blog

TC81190
12-28-2007, 02:48 PM

Not to get personal, but do you ever have ANYTHING positive to say? Nearly every post of yours I've read is complaining or hating something.

BearcatShane
12-28-2007, 02:55 PM

Wow. He was good, damn good.

Newman4
12-28-2007, 02:56 PM
I really enjoyed Trent's blog myself. Seemed to be like talking to an old college buddy or something. I hope he stays in Cincy one way or another.

crazybob60
12-28-2007, 03:02 PM
I really enjoyed Trent's blog myself. Seemed to be like talking to an old college buddy or something. I hope he stays in Cincy one way or another.

I don't think I could have paraphrased that better myself actually. Since I have started my new job and my internet websites have been limited, Trent's blog has gotten me through many a lonely afternoon. I, am one that also wishes him of the best and hopefully he will be able to catch on fairly quick and I would love to see him still covering the Reds!!!!!

Bip Roberts
12-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Not to get personal, but do you ever have ANYTHING positive to say? Nearly every post of yours I've read is complaining or hating something.

You dont read enough of my post

Bip Roberts
12-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow. He was good, damn good.

He was good for information but his personality drove me nuts when he would post in his blog. I would just hate to have it translate to radio

Bip Roberts
12-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Also i dont think he knows enough about baseball for as much as he acts like.

GoReds33
12-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Compared to Fay, Trent was a great writer. He always had the info first. Maybe this will help the radio stations in our area. Hopefully he goes to 700 or something. I hate how they always have the Reds news after it happens. They don't seem to be on the front line of getting info anymore.

Elam
12-29-2007, 08:26 PM
You dont read enough of my post

Really I must read more post, I bet they're insightful.

Bip Roberts
12-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Really I must read more post, I bet they're insightful.

:eek:

schmidty622
12-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Id rather read C Trent's Blog then three Bip Roberts posts in a row.

Way to get that post count up bud.

redsupport
12-29-2007, 10:42 PM
bip roberts should be reunited with his equivalent talent level on the Padres, Enzo Hernandez who once had 11rbis's for a whole season of about 600 plate appearances

Stephenk29
12-29-2007, 11:39 PM

Bip Roberts
12-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Guys crap on Fay all day long on this board and i say that I dont like Trent and everyone gets all upset like i just beat their mother :bowrofl:

I(heart)Freel
12-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Trent was/is a breathe of fresh air.

Those who say they don't like his writing/style, then log on to Fox Sports and get the dull, lifeless news you seek.

For those of us who love that Trent managed to somehow bring personality and glee to the ice-cold internet, we'll miss him.

Here's hoping he stays in this market and keeps those in-game blogs alive. They were things of beauty.

redsfan1966
01-01-2008, 12:38 PM
I like C Trent's enthusiasm and obvious love of the game...but I must admit he didnt sound like someone that should be on-air regularly during his in game segments with Marty and friends....he always seemed nervous and forced with his quips....also he did an on stage presentation during Redsfest and seemed the same way--nervous and fidgety. Now I know lots of us are the same when facing crowds--but when you put yourself up there, you might want to get a little more "polished". I do like his writing...I'm just not so sure he is a good fit for radio...

jnwohio
01-01-2008, 09:43 PM
C.Trent was my favorite. I hope he is still around next season. They have announced a KentuckyPost online. Maybe the oppurtunity he has is to be involved in something like that which would include sports coverage. Or perhaps he will be a part of whatever replaces Burbank on WLW since there seems to be a lot of gossip that it will turn out to be sports oriented.

That said, Mr. Fay deserves some props too. He was onto Dusty Baker as the front runner for the managerial position very early on and kept bringing Dusty's name back into the conversation even as the popular discussion kept going off in other directions.

Turns out he had it nailed; and had Mckannon not started out so hot Dusty may well have been the Mgr in very short order. Wouldn't you like to know who his source was?

Bip Roberts
01-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Why would WLW add a sport show to compete with 1530 for the 3-6 hours. Then again 1530 has a habbit of firing everyone so heck they might be setting up a complete change in format. Worthless bunch of garbage.

AmarilloRed
01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
For anyone who is interested, Trent is working on setting up a new blog. Go to Http://ctrentrosecrans.com if you are interested in further information from him. I think the by-line is pretty amusing.

jnwohio
01-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Why would WLW add a sport show to compete with 1530 for the 3-6 hours. Then again 1530 has a habbit of firing everyone so heck they might be setting up a complete change in format. Worthless bunch of garbage.

Last week a story in the Enquirer speculating on replacements cited Andy Furman and Tracy Jones as names that had been whispered around town as possible replacements. I'd think either of them would most likely do sports. Although love it or hate it, Jones has shown a knack in the last couple of years to do a lot of nonsports stuff under the guise of sports.

He doesn't do the voices and characters himself like Gary but the whole Rod versus Richard routine, the fan club routine etc. demonstrates he can stir it up and get folks calling in. And that is what they want.

Bip Roberts
01-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Last week a story in the Enquirer speculating on replacements cited Andy Furman and Tracy Jones as names that had been whispered around town as possible replacements. I'd think either of them would most likely do sports. Although love it or hate it, Jones has shown a knack in the last couple of years to do a lot of nonsports stuff under the guise of sports.

He doesn't do the voices and characters himself like Gary but the whole Rod versus Richard routine, the fan club routine etc. demonstrates he can stir it up and get folks calling in. And that is what they want.

I dont mind Furman or Jones but i just wouldn't really understand why they would do 2 sports oriented shows on stations they own competing against each other

XU Lou
01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
fyi, Trent is on Lance' show right now

redsfan1966
01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Sounds like Tracy Jones will be involved in a show with Eddie Fingers of WEBN to replace Gary Burbank....that is the latest rumor....I still think when all is said and done Andy Furman will be screaming on WLW at 3:07pm on Monday January 7th....