View Full Version : 3 biggest questions re: Reds version 2008
12-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Going into 2008, here are my 3 biggest questions about this team for 2008. What are your 3 biggest questions about the team?
1. Who will fill the starting rotation's 2 open spots (assuming Harang, Arroyo and Belisle are healthy)? I know who the top candidates are, but right now that I don't know if the Reds will have either blossoming talent or sub-MLB performances.
2. Who will hit leadoff? I though Hamilton was that guy, when he was healthy. Now it seems as though Freel is back in that role - but can he fill this for 140+ games? and for the long-term? What happens when Bruce is ready for the majors and this sends Freel to the bench?
3. What impact will Baker have? Does he have that ability to motivate and inspire the team?
12-29-2007, 12:16 PM
1.Will the Reds add another veteran starting pitcher through free agency or a trade?
2.Will Baker give the young players(Votto, Bailey, Bruce, Cueto) a fair chance to make the team in spring training?
3. Who will be playing center field?
12-29-2007, 12:23 PM
1. Who will round out the rotation from current Reds players, or be added to it?
2. Will the bullpen improve to league average with the addition of Cordero?
3. Who gets the majority of playing time in center?
12-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Will Votto produce for a full season like he did in Sept?
Will Bailey and Volquez become reliable for quality starts?
Will Burton and Bray be lights out in the 7th and 8th?
12-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Offense, Defense, and Pitching, lol jk.
I would say the back end of the starting rotation, and whether votto and bruce will produce right away.
12-29-2007, 12:57 PM
1) What's the Weathers? Does he show last season's first half Weathers or the second half Weathers?
2) Does Dusty screw Bailey over?
3) Can Hopper hold the CF position till Bruce is ready?
12-29-2007, 01:42 PM
1. What Adam Dunn will we see the one from last year who tried to use all fields and hit for a .264 average or the dead pull hitter who only hits a robust .230.
2. Which Edwin will we see the one from the start of last year or the one of after his recall from the minors.
3. Can Matt Belisle prosper in his second year as a starter. He is a big key for our rotation if he can provide good #3 stuff we should be alright.
1. How will Bailey and Volquez perform?
2. Who will play centerfield?
3. Will there be any offensive production from the shortstop and catcher positions?
12-29-2007, 07:46 PM
1. Will Dunn recieve a long term contract? It needs to be done before spring training.
2. Who will play CF? Hopefully not Freel!
3. Will the young pitchers come into their own? We need Bailey, Volquez, Burton, Bray, and Belisle to improve as the season goes on.
12-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Will my dog stop peeing on my grill cover?
12-30-2007, 05:53 AM
1) Has Adam Dunn figured it out?
2) Is Krivsky a good GM or a mediocre one
3) How many of our young guys will develop on the major league level.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.