PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year, Redszone!!

HumnHilghtFreel
12-31-2007, 08:41 AM
I know, I know, it's a little early in the day maybe. However, I don't exactly expect to be in any condition to operate a computer later on, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling now:beerme: :D

Any resolutions for 08?

Mine is going to be to be sure to free up some time to get some real, non-school-related writing done.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great trip into 2008. And stay safe out there!!

OldRightHander
12-31-2007, 10:41 AM
No resolutions so to speak, but I do have a few goals for the upcoming year. The main one is business related.

I just got my own shipping authority, so now I am a one vehicle trucking company instead of leasing my vehicle on with another carrier. There are some benefits to operating this way, and a whole set of headaches to deal with as well. A lot of shippers are real cheapskates and I have to weed through a lot of garbage to find a good load. Before I had dispatchers who did that for me while I just went sight seeing while I waited for the phone to ring. My goal for the upcoming year is to see the remaining 10 states I haven't been to yet, gross six figures by December so I can take the month off the road, and expand my company with a couple more drivers leased on and running under my authority. I eventually want to be a full service carrier with every size vehicle signed on so I can have those other trucks out there, each making me a little bit of money while I'm also doing a bit of driving as well. I want to be more selective with the driving I do, just some out from Cincinnati and back stuff with a lot of home time.

By the end of 2008 I hope to have two more drivers running and I want them getting enough miles and enough home time to keep them happy and not thinking about going to another carrier. That should be a good foundation to grow from. To do that, I think I also need to think about finding someone with some sales skills to land accounts for me. I am not a good salesman.

RBA
01-01-2008, 12:04 AM
I expect the Reds to win it all this year.:thumbup:

RBA
01-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Also Happy Birthday!!!!!! to l3R3TT, hokie94, Maldez, achilles, seligstinks (98), buckshotrod (54), jwagenbach (44), OldRightHander (39), baboone (39), OldXOhio (38), sammonator (37), Bucky Furgoo (28), Boola (28), tigersfan (28), Redlegs23 (24), bubba37 (23)

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday: :birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday: :birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday: :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::j ump::jump::jump::jump::jump::thisyear::thisyear::t hisyear::thisyear::thisyear::thisyear::thisyear::t hisyear::thisyear::thisyear::thisyear::KoolAid::Ko olAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid ::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid:

kyred14
01-01-2008, 12:17 AM
DUsty Baker Rulz! I think. Maybe.

TeamMorris
01-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Happy New year Redszone!!

KronoRed
01-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Happy 2008 to all :D

Reds Nd2
01-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Any resolutions for 08?
This year I'm going to try to quit smoking. It's something I've been thinking about for some time. It just happened to be around New Years that I finally decided to quit, so it's more of a timing thing rather than a resolution.

Happy New Years everyone.

Mario-Rijo
01-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Huh, the ORH is only 39? I guess that makes me the SCLH (Senior Citizen LH) at 35. ;)