PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance

REDREAD
01-04-2008, 12:30 PM
This is one of the most fun games I've played in a long time.
It's a story based game, which means there's lots of cheap used copies
available (lots of people sell when they complete the game).

It's kind of like the 80's game of Gauntlet, but there's a story and heroes
with powers. Our family is still getting hang of the moves, but it is pretty
fun.

I'm not big on most of the console games anymore, but this one is fun.

If there's any experts on this game, I do have a question: In multiplayer arcade
mode, how do you change characters? We arrived at the base, but it didn't seem
to let you switch characters the same way multiplayer cooperative mode does.

Johnny Footstool
01-05-2008, 09:56 PM
The two X:Men: Legends games are very similar to Ultimate Alliance -- the same basic gameplay, similar storylines, scads of playable characters, etc. You should pick those up, too.

REDREAD
01-07-2008, 03:07 PM
The two X:Men: Legends games are very similar to Ultimate Alliance -- the same basic gameplay, similar storylines, scads of playable characters, etc. You should pick those up, too.

Thanks Johnny, I will check those out too.

durl
01-07-2008, 03:23 PM
I got Ultimate Alliance for Christmas and I'm enjoying it. It and the X-Men Legends games were all made by the same team so it makes sense that they're be similarities. And it IS a good thing, that's for sure. The X-Men Legends games were VERY good. (I recommend playing them in order.)

I'm still trying to get the hang of all the various powers. And, actually, Spider-man seems weak in the game. Perhaps I haven't figured out how to best use his powers, I don't know.

With X-Men, I tended to keep the same group of heroes in order to max out their power levels. With UA, I can see myself playing it through several times with a different group each time just to see how it plays.