PDA

View Full Version : Reds Marketing Plan

SeeinRed
01-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Could be interesting.

Castellini to outline Reds marketing plan
BY JOHN ECKBERG | JECKBERG@ENQUIRER.COM
E-mail | Print | digg us! | del.icio.us! | Click-2-Listen

Phil Castellini, senior vice president of business operations for the Cincinnati Reds, will detail the marketing strategy for the team in 2008 on Jan. 18 at Radisson Hotel Riverview during the regular monthly meeting of the Cincinnati chapter of the American Marketing Association.

His noon presentation will also explore how the team plans to make a play for a younger demographic of fans.

Castellini has been responsible for new party areas at Great American Ball Park that include Frontgate Outdoor Luxury Suite and the Cincinnati Bell Riverboat Deck, as well as renovations to Scouts Alley, improvements to the Fan Zone and the addition of the new mascot Mr. Redlegs.

Call 513-784-2373 for reservations.

Link (http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080104/BIZ01/301040050/)

So, anybody planning on going?

*BaseClogger*
01-04-2008, 01:12 PM
We don't need MORE mascots :(...

I(heart)Freel
01-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Signed up and fired up.

smoke6
01-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Bobby Boy can add a million more party decks, but nothing bring fans like WINNING BALL GAMES!

Newman4
01-04-2008, 11:47 PM
You know what would kick ass with young kids.....

With the return of "American Gladiators" on TV, an inflatable baseball bat joust where there's a kid on each podium and they hit each other with huge oversized inflatable bats until one of them falls off. Boo Yah! :thumbup:

SeeinRed
01-04-2008, 11:52 PM
You know what would kick ass with young kids.....

With the return of "American Gladiators" on TV, an inflatable baseball bat joust where there's a kid on each podium and they hit each other with huge oversized inflatable bats until one of them falls off. Boo Yah! :thumbup:

I can already hear the "Theres no crying in baseball" jokes. I love it!

Nasty_Boy
01-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I think the difference between Castellini and Linder is great. Castellini cares and that's easy for the fans to see. He is trying to put together a winning team, because when he took over it was a mess. The Reds could not be turned around over night and I think this is the season that the Reds need to show progression. They have a ton of young talent and hopefully the mix of veterans, youth, and his check book will bring "Championship" baseball back to Cincinnati.

Also, I was on Baseball Almanac looking at stuff about the 80's and 90's Reds teams. I found that in the mid 90's, the Reds have the 2nd highest payroll in the NL. For much of the 80's and 90's the Reds were at/or near the top in payroll. In (I think) 96 the Reds payroll was around $45 million, and nearly 10 years later there wasn't much difference. I think its a shame the way the Linder was able to spend so little money in improving the team.

muethibp
01-05-2008, 10:13 AM
A lot changed about baseball since the 80s and even the 90s. Moreover, the Reds put a winner on the field in 1999 that was largely unsupported by the fans.

Blue
01-05-2008, 05:07 PM
A more grown up atmosphere at the ballpark would be nice. I often feel like I'm watching cartoons between innings. That and the last few years they keep having clowns come out of the bullpen.