PDA

View Full Version : notstarring.com

Hoosier Red
01-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Undoubtedly, I'm the last person to see this. But this website is awesome. It cross references actors and the movies they almost starred in.

www.notstarring.com

savafan
01-05-2008, 01:55 PM
That's quite a list of actors who auditioned to play Mozart in Amadeus

KronoRed
01-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Nice site.

Razor Shines
01-05-2008, 02:21 PM
This one was under the original Terminator.

O.J. Simpson
Passed over for the role of the terminator because producers feared he wouldn't be taken seriously as a killer.
Actor who got the part: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Dom Heffner
01-05-2008, 02:38 PM
O.J. Simpson
Passed over for the role of the terminator because producers feared he wouldn't be taken seriously as a killer.

Now he's not even taken seriously as a human being.

RedFanAlways1966
01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
This one was under the original Airplane! (1980). :cool:

Pete Rose

The role of Murdock was originally going to go to Pete Rose.
Actor who got the part: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

MrCinatit
01-05-2008, 06:09 PM
George Lucas was going to do Apocalypse Now. For some reason, I have an image of Jar-Jar mumbling over and over "Me thinks no go off boat!"

A favorite is one I already knew about, but had found intriguing from Once Upon A Time In The West:
Clint Eastwood
Leone wanted Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach and Lee Van Cleef to play the three killers at the beginning of the movie, but Eastwood turned down the role.
Actor who got the part: Jack Elam, Woody Strode, Al Muloch (in No Particular Order).
Elam and Stroude did great...but seeing Cling, Eli and Lee in those rolls would have been some good stuff. (Side Note: This film stared Charles Bronson, who was actually Leone's first choice as the man with no name in Fistfull of Dollars).