PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Footstool: What's it like in Kansas right now?

WMR
01-05-2008, 11:04 PM
I've got to imagine this is about the best time in the history of Kansas college sports right now... victory in a BCS bowl and a top 3 ranked Jayhawk basketball squad.

What's it like in Kansas right now?

Johnny Footstool
01-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Honestly, not many Jayhawk fans have noticed how good the basketball team is. Every other year, the football team has been such a disappointment that we start taking basketball in early October. This year is uncharted territory.

The Orange Bowl parties in KC and Lawrence were reportedly pretty crazy. I watched the game at a friend's house, so it was a bit quieter, but we still had a blast. The overwhelming attitude coming into the game was "I just hope we don't get blown out." But the first quarter INT for a TD set the tone, and the back-to-back skull-crushing sacks of VT QB Taylor really got us thinking that we had a chance. When it was finally over, it was like a dream -- "Did that just really happen?"

Then today, I got to watch the basketball team demolish Boston College. They're scary good on offense and defense, and the key players (Rush, Chalmers, Robinson, and Jackson) are finally grown up enough to be poised leaders. We say this every year, but really, anything less than a Final Four appearance will be a serious disappointment.

Now if we can just figure out how to get the Reds on track...

WMR
01-05-2008, 11:22 PM
If I had to pick a single team that I felt most confident of reaching the Final Four at this point in the season, I would DEFINITELY choose Kansas.

GAC
01-06-2008, 05:57 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/11/21/Wizard_051121093613245_wideweb__300x282.jpg

WVRed
01-06-2008, 10:19 AM
I love Kansas' style of play on defense. Use a three guard set to pressure the ball. If they do manage to get the ball inside, have two shot blockers ready to go.

Being that Billy Gillispie comes from the same style of play as Bill Self, I hope that the same style is what is implemented at Kentucky.

redsfanmia
01-06-2008, 11:08 AM
If I had to pick a single team that I felt most confident of reaching the Final Four at this point in the season, I would DEFINITELY choose Kansas.

Did they replace Bill Self?

Johnny Footstool
01-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I love Kansas' style of play on defense. Use a three guard set to pressure the ball. If they do manage to get the ball inside, have two shot blockers ready to go.

Being that Billy Gillispie comes from the same style of play as Bill Self, I hope that the same style is what is implemented at Kentucky.

Gillispie implemented that style at Texas A & M with much success.

Handofdeath
01-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I know as an OU fan(OKC native) and as someone living in Lubbock(Texas Tech) now, Kansas is the one team in Big 12 basketball that I hate having my teams play. I respect that team a lot,

gm
01-09-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm guessing snowing, with a wind chill of 15?

Johnny Footstool
01-09-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm guessing snowing, with a wind chill of 15?

60 degrees yesterday.