PDA

View Full Version : Hatteberg

BearcatShane
01-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Whats the deal with him? Is he basically a desiganted pinch hitter now who will get an occasinal start and be a late inning defensive replacement at first? I personally think he will be traded in Spring Training to a team that's first basemen gets injured or they their first basemen in under performing or a team who has a right handed first basemen and would use Hatte to platoon. I just don't see him on the Reds come opening day. If Wayne is able to move him for a mid level prospect with some upside it was a genius move picking up his option.

*BaseClogger*
01-06-2008, 01:47 AM
or more bullpen help once the season has started and we have weeded out those that don't belong (in the bullpen that is)...

I(heart)Freel
01-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Yea... I agree with 'Clogger.

Does anyone else feel like we might need a little more bullpen help? The Cordero signing was huge and will help immensely. But I'd feel better with one more addition (which is naturally coupled to one more subtraction).

Bip Roberts
01-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I think a solid bat off the bench is going to be more valuable than what type of bullpen arm we could fetch for him

*BaseClogger*
01-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I think a solid bat off the bench is going to be more valuable than what type of bullpen arm we could fetch for him

It would be easier to replace Hatteberg's bat off the bench than find a decent middle reliever...

Bip Roberts
01-06-2008, 05:09 PM
It would be easier to replace Hatteberg's bat off the bench than find a decent middle reliever...

I dont think we would get anyone i would consider decent

*BaseClogger*
01-06-2008, 05:20 PM

It was pure speculation, but did you see the rumor from U.S.S. Mariner? George Sherril and Horacio Ramirez for Scott Hatteberg and Todd Coffey? George Sherril is more than decent...

jmac
01-08-2008, 12:58 AM

Bingo.
Hatt is a good guy but at his age, he wouldnt fetch enough to replace what he could bring off bench.
Remember Jacob Cruz? Hatt can get the hit, draw the walk , provide leadership, as well as add depth in event of injury. Of course all of what I said is based on Votto winning the starting job.

*BaseClogger*
01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
We could get something decent for Hatt- he is signed very cheaply...

Dave Williams?

Bip Roberts
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Bingo.
Hatt is a good guy but at his age, he wouldnt fetch enough to replace what he could bring off bench.
Remember Jacob Cruz? Hatt can get the hit, draw the walk , provide leadership, as well as add depth in event of injury. Of course all of what I said is based on Votto winning the starting job.

Well i dont totally value his bat as much as others but escentially I see us getting a guy of the Cout and Mcbeth level who dont really bring much to the team this year or next year for all we know.

I see us as getting weaker with out Hatteberg and adding what i think we would get in return. Im probably completely off but thats just how i feel about it.

BoldOD
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Good bat off the bench, good experience, good clubhouse presence. Will be a coach in the not too distant future.

Brian
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I like Hatt a good deal. If the Reds get another starter, I think we all feel they can get in the playoffs, or at least be in the conversation late in the year. That's when guys like Hatt can really contribute. Plus it's not the worst to have him in the event Votto stumbles.

Mr.MojoRisin
01-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I'd love to see a great hitter for the SL. Get some power hitters in the rotation.