PDA

View Full Version : Could the Reds lose Bedard to the Mariners

AmarilloRed
01-08-2008, 12:26 AM
M's, Reds still interested in O's Bedard
by Ken Rosenthal
Updated: January 7, 2008, 11:34 PM EST 3 comments

Andy MacPhail, the Orioles' president of baseball operations, left his options open when he said last month that there was a "strong likelihood" the team would not trade left-hander Erik Bedard.

Smart move.

The Mariners are continuing their aggressive pursuit of Bedard, major-league sources say, and there are growing indications that the teams could be moving closer to a deal.

The Reds also remain interested in Bedard, but the Mariners are willing to trade their top outfield prospect, Adam Jones, while the Reds will not part with their best minor-league outfielder, Jay Bruce.

For the Orioles, the final approval for a Bedard deal would rest with owner Peter Angelos, who has long resisted trading veterans for prospects but hired MacPhail last June with the understanding that the team needed a new direction.

The Orioles' trade of shortstop Miguel Tejada to the Astros for five younger players in December signaled that Angelos might finally be willing to endure a lengthy rebuilding process.

But Bedard, a homegrown product, has greater sentimental value for the Orioles than Tejada — and trading him likely would lead to a separate deal involving second baseman Brian Roberts, an Angelos favorite.

Without Bedard, who went 13-5 with a 3.16 ERA last season and set a franchise record with 221 strikeouts, there would be little reason for the Orioles to keep Roberts, who also is two years away from free agency.

The Cubs remain the most likely fit for Roberts. The Mets made a strong run at Bedard at the general managers' meetings in November. The Indians, who have explored trades for impact players all off-season, like both Roberts and Bedard.

Perhaps the Indians could land one of the Orioles' stars, but it is highly unlikely that they could put together a blockbuster to obtain both, the way the Tigers did in acquiring third baseman Miguel Cabrera and left-hander Dontrelle Willis from the Marlins.

Mariners GM Bill Bavasi has said it is unlikely that he will trade his top pitching prospect, right-hander Brandon Morrow. But even if the M's decline to part with Morrow, they can put together an attractive package for Bedard.

Jones, compared by some scouts to Torii Hunter, would become the Orioles' long-term answer in center field, developing alongside right fielder Nick Markakis.

The Mariners also are willing to include catcher Jeff Clement and third baseman Matt Tuiasosopo, sources say. The Orioles, however, might prefer a choice of left-hander Tony Butler, right-hander Chris Tillman and 17-year-old shortstop Carlos Triunfel.

The A's strong returns for right-hander Dan Haren and outfielder Nick Swisher in recent trades seemingly has increased the Orioles' leverage. The addition of Bedard, meanwhile, would give the Mariners a potentially dynamic rotation to compete with the Angels in the American League West.

The M's recently signed free-agent right-hander Carlos Silva, and righty Felix Hernandez, lefty Jarrod Washburn and right Miguel Batista are their returning starters. Morrow is a candidate for either the rotation or the bullpen.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7650072?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=49

I think the die was cast when we traded Josh Hamilton. He could have been an essential trading piece along with Bailey/Cueto to land Bedard. The Mariners are now willing to trade 2 of their top prospects in Jones and Clement, and we no longer have the center fielder the Orioles want unless we are willing to trade Bruce to land Bedard. It seems unlikely at this point, so I expect we will soon see Bedard in Seattle.

mlbfan30
01-08-2008, 12:48 AM
That's basically the equivalent of Cueto and Votto and a guy in the 15-20 range in prospects.

Votto = Clement
Cueto = Jones

Assuming 6 years of Cueto will be equal to 2 years of Bedard, that's like giving away 6 years of Votto for free.

BEETTLEBUG
01-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Let Mariners have him we will be OK without him.

larryboy
01-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Bedard is a good pitcher and if the M's can get him without giving up Morrow that would be impressive. The Orioles get a stud in Adam Jones. The M's would be extremely wise to hold onto Triunfel, down the road he'll likely have more value than any of the players in that deal.

The Reds are winners if they can stay out of it. They can not get Bedard without losing Bailey and Bailey is currently underrated while Bedard is hyped a bit.

smoke6
01-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Let Mariners have him we will be OK without him.

I agree! Bedard won 13 games last year. ONLY 4 were against teams w/ winning records (if I'm not mistaken).

wlf WV
01-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Why are'nt the Yankees.Red Sox,others involved in pursuing Bedard? Is Bedard's value not worth aquiring? Does Santana's contract exclude most teams,therefore overvaluing Bedard?Are the rich still oppressing the poor?

larryboy
01-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Santana is only worth trading for if he signs an extension and it was made clear to teams that he wants NY so effectively most teams are out. Bedard is overvalued due to scarcity. There is just not any quality pitching that is available. Pitching is at a premium plus Bedard has a nice contract

HeatherC1212
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Why are'nt the Yankees.Red Sox,others involved in pursuing Bedard? Is Bedard's value not worth aquiring? Does Santana's contract exclude most teams,therefore overvaluing Bedard?Are the rich still oppressing the poor?

It's my understanding that the Orioles management will not trade Bedard within their own division and that totally eliminates the Yankees and Red Sox from the trade table.

BLEEDS
01-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Santana is only worth trading for if he signs an extension and it was made clear to teams that he wants NY so effectively most teams are out. Bedard is overvalued due to scarcity. There is just not any quality pitching that is available. Pitching is at a premium plus Bedard has a nice contract

He has no contract. He is arbitration eligible, and will be getting HUGE salary raises for the next two years, then will more than likely apply for Free Agency.

This is basically a rent-a-player for two years, but not at a bargain price. The only way he stays, IMO, is if we win, and we offer to pay him as the highest pitcher on the staff. I'd give it 40% chance that we could keep him longer term.

That being said, I'd take the gamble, as 2 years of Bedard would mean more to this Franchise than 2 years of BOTH Bailey and Cueto shuffling between the Minors and cutting their teeth in Majors.

We need MO-mentum, and the window is small IMO, small enough for 2 years of a Bedard-type to help out perfectly. Even if he walked in 2010, we will have a better idea of who's left (at least 3 of 4) of Bailey/Cueto/Maloney/Wood to fill out the #5 SP position - or look at FA/trades again. Meahwhile, we're challenging for the playoffs, increasing attendance, which increases payroll, which increases our abillity to sign/extend good players, which helps us challenge for the playoffs, cycle continues...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

wlf WV
01-08-2008, 10:23 AM
The Red Sox then won't move towards Bedard for fear of allowing the Yankees a cheaper acquisition.(in terms of talent traded for Santana) It's a soap opera I'm tired of.

larryboy
01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
2 years of club control at arby prices rather than free agent prices is a nice contract for a pitcher of this quality, go see Zito's contract or the numbers Santana will get

I agree he's not at a bargain price and I would not give up the reported pakage the M's may pay or give up Bailey for Bedard. I just feel Bailey's upside is underpriced in the market and he may be as good as Bedard in two years (minority view on my my part). That's a longer view than Bleeds but that's why there always buyers and sellers for the same talent.

wlf WV
01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
He has no contract. He is arbitration eligible, and will be getting HUGE salary raises for the next two years, then will more than likely apply for Free Agency.

This is basically a rent-a-player for two years, but not at a bargain price. The only way he stays, IMO, is if we win, and we offer to pay him as the highest pitcher on the staff. I'd give it 40% chance that we could keep him longer term.

That being said, I'd take the gamble, as 2 years of Bedard would mean more to this Franchise than 2 years of BOTH Bailey and Cueto shuffling between the Minors and cutting their teeth in Majors.

We need MO-mentum, and the window is small IMO, small enough for 2 years of a Bedard-type to help out perfectly. Even if he walked in 2010, we will have a better idea of who's left (at least 3 of 4) of Bailey/Cueto/Maloney/Wood to fill out the #5 SP position - or look at FA/trades again. Meahwhile, we're challenging for the playoffs, increasing attendance, which increases payroll, which increases our abillity to sign/extend good players, which helps us challenge for the playoffs, cycle continues...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Ageed,only if the long term commitment is there from ownership to spend money and continue to improve organization in all aspects.We must spend more for less for the time being,hoping for long term goals.

larryboy
01-08-2008, 10:32 AM
The Red Sox then won't move towards Bedard for fear of allowing the Yankees a cheaper acquisition.(in terms of talent traded for Santana) It's a soap opera I'm tired of.

There is more than one team in NY. I think the Mets get Santana - eventually. Either way it will be interesting.

BLEEDS
01-08-2008, 10:44 AM
2 years of club control at arby prices rather than free agent prices is a nice contract for a pitcher of this quality, go see Zito's contract or the numbers Santana will get

I agree he's not at a bargain price and I would not give up the reported pakage the M's may pay or give up Bailey for Bedard. I just feel Bailey's upside is underpriced in the market and he may be as good as Bedard in two years (minority view on my my part). That's a longer view than Bleeds but that's why there always buyers and sellers for the same talent.

I wouldn't prefer to give up Bailey either - I'd trade Cueto. He's more of a control guy, but Bailey has WAY more Stuff and Upside.

Doing that would also allow Bailey to start - and possibly end - his season in AAA, while our SP roster looked like this:

Harang
Bedard
Arroyo
Belisle
Volquez

Arroyo and Belisle are ABOVE average at #3 and #4 respectively, and Volquez is WAY Above average at #5. Otherwise, we are forced to "stand pat" with:

Harang
Arroyo
Belisle

2 of 4: Volquez/Bailey/Cueto/FA TBD(Hernandez Leiber)??

Arroyo at #2 and Belisle at #3 respectively, are overmatched - as they were last year - in attempting to be AVERAGE starters, at best, for their spots in the rotation. Then you have to rely on a FA TBD to step in at #4 assuming it's not an injury risk, or you're asking Volquez to be #4 and a rookie to be #5.

The first lineup challenges for the Division RIGHT AWAY, with wiggle room since every pitcher 2-5 is ABOVE Average to start.

The second lineup is BELOW AVERAGE 2-5, and you PRAY that ALL of them improve through the year - just to be AVERAGE, and 1-2 of them to have breakout years.

I'll take #1, and give up ONE of my PROSPECT top 4 AAA pitchers included in a deal, for 2 years of #2/#1 SP quality. No Hesitation.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

wlf WV
01-08-2008, 11:11 AM
If Bailey has more upside ,does that mean Cueto is upsidedown.

Newman4
01-08-2008, 12:08 PM
The Reds also remain interested in Bedard, but the Mariners are willing to trade their top outfield prospect, Adam Jones, while the Reds will not part with their best minor-league outfielder, Jay Bruce.

Rosenthal writes this statement as if they're equal in value. :rolleyes:

The M's can't figure out that they're bidding against themselves either.

Bip Roberts
01-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Yea i dont know why people dont understand #1 prospects in each farm system are not equal

Bip Roberts
01-08-2008, 01:13 PM

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BLEEDS
01-08-2008, 02:09 PM

I think a lot of people might see Cueto a little ahead of the curve vs. Bailey. He is arguably more major-league ready - as he has more control, has better numbers, etc..

Bailey has WAY more "STUFF" and a higher ceiling. However, I think a lot of teams may have soured on him based upon his showings before/during/after his call-up last year.

IMO, that plays into our hands, as he is Devalued right now, and more teams might show interest in Cueto - definitely Oakland was interested in Cueto (although not known if it was in a deal w/Bailey too). I'd rather have Bailey - and trading away Cueto for a #2-type SP allows us to continue to keep Bailey in the minors to continue to refine his game.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

wlf WV
01-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I think a lot of people might see Cueto a little ahead of the curve vs. Bailey. He is arguably more major-league ready - as he has more control, has better numbers, etc..

Bailey has WAY more "STUFF" and a higher ceiling. However, I think a lot of teams may have soured on him based upon his showings before/during/after his call-up last year.

IMO, that plays into our hands, as he is Devalued right now, and more teams might show interest in Cueto - definitely Oakland was interested in Cueto (although not known if it was in a deal w/Bailey too). I'd rather have Bailey - and trading away Cueto for a #2-type SP allows us to continue to keep Bailey in the minors to continue to refine his game.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
I agree,just having a little fun..:thumbup:

XU Lou
01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't prefer to give up Bailey either - I'd trade Cueto. He's more of a control guy, but Bailey has WAY more Stuff and Upside.

Doing that would also allow Bailey to start - and possibly end - his season in AAA, while our SP roster looked like this:

Harang
Bedard
Arroyo
Belisle
Volquez

Arroyo and Belisle are ABOVE average at #3 and #4 respectively, and Volquez is WAY Above average at #5. Otherwise, we are forced to "stand pat" with:

Harang
Arroyo
Belisle

2 of 4: Volquez/Bailey/Cueto/FA TBD(Hernandez Leiber)??

Arroyo at #2 and Belisle at #3 respectively, are overmatched - as they were last year - in attempting to be AVERAGE starters, at best, for their spots in the rotation. Then you have to rely on a FA TBD to step in at #4 assuming it's not an injury risk, or you're asking Volquez to be #4 and a rookie to be #5.

The first lineup challenges for the Division RIGHT AWAY, with wiggle room since every pitcher 2-5 is ABOVE Average to start.

The second lineup is BELOW AVERAGE 2-5, and you PRAY that ALL of them improve through the year - just to be AVERAGE, and 1-2 of them to have breakout years.

I'll take #1, and give up ONE of my PROSPECT top 4 AAA pitchers included in a deal, for 2 years of #2/#1 SP quality. No Hesitation.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Best explanation yet for a Bedard trade. I guess it comes down to cost. I can give up one of the top four AAA pitchers, not two. I would also trade Votto and a few lesser prospects but I don't think the O's would take that right now. If they don't then I am willing to sit and not overpay.

By the way, go Bluejays!

laxtonto
01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
From all indications i have seen so far the deal for Bedard would center around Clement and Jones and Tillman and maybe 1 other.

As far as the Reds would be concerned, its hard to be willing to counter that offer without hampering the future. The biggest question should be not whether Berdard is attainable, but is he worth the cost versus the damage it would do to the future.

Since Hamiliton has already been dealt, if the FO somehow caved to the Batl demands for Bruce who would replace Griffy or Dunn next year? Then add to that the loss of DEVELOPED pitching. Balt would not settle for the up and coming high ceiling guys from A ball but instead would focus on those who have already passed the common TJ threshold age (22ish depending on ip).

Those developed arms still have a high attrition rate in the majors. Out of the top arms already in the up echelon of the system, dont be suprised with only a small percentage becoming established mlb starters.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
01-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Why are'nt the Yankees.Red Sox,others involved in pursuing Bedard? Is Bedard's value not worth aquiring? Does Santana's contract exclude most teams,therefore overvaluing Bedard?Are the rich still oppressing the poor?What was Britney thinking?

Bigredfan#1
01-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I agree! Bedard won 13 games last year. ONLY 4 were against teams w/ winning records (if I'm not mistaken).

Bedard's record is deceiving, he left games several times with a lead only to have the bullpen blow the games. In saying that though I don't want to give up Bailey to get him. I think he is too costly in the players I have heard mentioned it would take to get him. JMO

laxtonto
01-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Excellent blog article discussing Bedarad and Seatle and his comparables

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/mariners/2008/01/bedard_and_market_value.html#more

AmarilloRed
01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Mariners | Bedard talks heating up?

By Larry Stone

Seattle Times staff reporter

JIM BATES / THE SEATTLE TIMES

Orioles pitcher Erik Bedard struck out a franchise record 221 last season and won 13 games.

Amid reports that the Mariners' pursuit of Baltimore ace Erik Bedard is heating up, Seattle general manager Bill Bavasi was asked Tuesday if it would soon be too late in the offseason to swing a trade.

"I hope not," he replied.

As is his steadfast policy, Bavasi declined to discuss any aspect of the Bedard rumors. But he did confirm that the M's still hope to improve their starting pitching, even after the recent signing of free agent Carlos Silva,

"We'd like to continue to work on the starting rotation," Bavasi said, "whether that means trade, free agent, improve [Horacio] Ramirez, or adjust [Brandon] Morrow into the rotation. Whatever the avenue, we're definitely not 'done,' quote unquote."

A major-league source said Tuesday that the Mariners' talks with Baltimore have indeed heated up, as reported by Ken Rosenthal of Foxsports.com. The Mariners are said to be aggressively pursuing Bedard, a 28-year-old left-hander who went 13-5 with a 3.16 earned-run-average in 2007 while setting a franchise record with 221 strikeouts last season.

But Andy MacPhail, the Orioles' president of baseball operations, seemed to douse those reports.

"There's not been any changes in status," he told the Baltimore Sun in Wednesday's editions. "I talk to different clubs about different things, but I wouldn't characterize anything as heating up these days."

The Reds are believed to be pursuing Bedard, and the Indians and Mets could be players as well.

MacPhail told the Sun last month that there was a "strong likelihood" that Bedard will be the Orioles' starter on opening day. But the Orioles face a major rebuilding job, and Bedard could yield several top prospects.

MacPhail may also be weighing the option of leveraging Bedard at the trade deadline in July, when more teams might get into a bidding war.

Any trade for Bedard by the Mariners would likely take a significant toll on their farm system. But Bedard would be under their control for two more years before free agency.

Outfielder Adam Jones would likely have to be included in any Mariners' offer. The question is how much more young talent it would take to land Bedard. Foxsports.comreported that the Mariners are willing to include catcher Jeff Clement and third baseman Matt Tuiasosopo.

Also mentioned in a potential package were names such as left-handed pitcher Tony Butler, right-hander Chris Tillman, and highly regarded 17-year-old shortstop Carlos Triunfel, who hit .309 in 43 games for Wisconsin last season and .288 in 50 games for High Desert.

Bavasi is said to be trying to keep Morrow out of any deal, but asked in general terms Tuesday if Morrow was untouchable, he replied:

"By definition — no-trade clauses — there are very few untouchables. You can't take that approach and get much better. Obviously, certain guys on the team are untouchable, but generally speaking, they're not young kids."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/mariners/2004115022_mari09.html

I would expect if the Mariners include Brandon Morrow, it would give them a much better chance to make the deal happen.

larryboy
01-09-2008, 02:34 PM
M's are steadfast on not including Morrow. Either way they are still overpaying but such is the market for pitching.

laxtonto
01-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Somewhere (i think mlbtr) was a qoute from Bavasi today about Morrow not being untouchable. Truthfully, Morrow to me is another one those power arms that hasnt put it all together and may never will. He lack a true third pitch to be a starter and asa young reliver it doesnt make him untouchable.

jmac
01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
I still think the O's will get more for Bedard now rather than later.

laxtonto
01-09-2008, 04:06 PM
If he goes to seatle, i see a jones Clement, truinfel deal as the absoulte top end, which woul be quite a haul. I dont expect the Reds to beat that unless they include Bruce which would probably start a riot. The only team that could realy influence this deal would be if the LAD get involved. the LAA could inquire to drive the price up on seatle, but that would probably overkill their rotation and still wouldnt answer the big bat neede for their lineup

Newman4
01-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Apparently the O's are obsessed with getting a CF. MacPhail is horrible at his attempt to play teams against each other. He throws little blurbs out to the media every day. Stick to your guns WK.

laxtonto
01-09-2008, 08:58 PM
From Prospect Insider

I am hearing that the Cincinnati Reds might be falling for this "M's-Orioles Trade Talks Heating Up" thing and might have internally agreed to include Homer Bailey, Joey Votto, Johnny Cueto and a fourth player, possibly a young player from their 25-man roster.
That deal, depending on the fourth player, might be enough to trump any deal the Seattle Mariners are willing to make with Baltimore.

http://prospectinsider.com/

top right corner

UM..... OVERPAYING IS BAD!!!!

laxtonto
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM
One more for you guys from Rosenthal

Bedard: A trade between the Orioles and Mariners is only one player away from completion, major-league sources say, but that one player could be right-hander Chris Tillman, a 19-year-old that the M's would prefer to retain.
Outfielder Adam Jones would be the centerpiece of the deal for the Orioles, and left-handed reliever George Sherrill and 17-year-old shortstop Carlos Triunfel are among the other players under discussion.

The Mariners also have inquired about A's right-hander Joe Blanton, but the A's would insist upon Jones and the Mariners might not be willing to trade their top position prospect within the division.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7656588

Bip Roberts
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM
lot of people on this board would love that deal and also would probably try to add Bruce just because they are mongos

BigRedMachine2
01-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Just say no Wayne. Tell the O's to take a hike !!!!!

Newman4
01-10-2008, 01:20 AM
One more for you guys from Rosenthal

Bedard: A trade between the Orioles and Mariners is only one player away from completion, major-league sources say, but that one player could be right-hander Chris Tillman, a 19-year-old that the M's would prefer to retain.
Outfielder Adam Jones would be the centerpiece of the deal for the Orioles, and left-handed reliever George Sherrill and 17-year-old shortstop Carlos Triunfel are among the other players under discussion.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7656588

Hmm, the M's offer goes down and reportedly from Prospect Insider, ours goes up? Bailey AND Cueto AND Votto PLUS another young player from the 25-man is way, way, way and another way overpaying. :thumbdown

larryboy
01-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Just say no. Bedard is good but for a team like the Reds trading a guy like Bailey is particularly painful because young cheap talent is the only way small revenue teams can compete under the current set up. The M's are overpaying as well but they are very flush with cash so they have the ability to use cash to help act as an erasure for some of their numerous screw ups.

In stock terms trading Bailey is selling low and buying Bedard high which is the opposite of what you want. I'm not an O's front office fan but they seem to be playing this nicely if they can get any of the rumored packages. Bedard is good but he's not Santana.

Az. Reds Fan
01-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Supposedly the young player the O's would want would be EdE. That's way too much to give up...and there's no way we take Mora back.

I am hearing that the Cincinnati Reds might be falling for this "M's-Orioles Trade Talks Heating Up" thing and might have internally agreed to include Homer Bailey, Joey Votto, Johnny Cueto and a fourth player, possibly a young player from their 25-man roster.

That deal, depending on the fourth player, might be enough to trump any deal the Seattle Mariners are willing to make with Baltimore.

Update: The player Baltimore is asking for as the fourth player is thought to be 3B Edwin Encarnacion. In order for this to make any sense, the O's would have to trade current 3B Melvin Mora, perhaps back to the Reds to give Cincy a starter at the hot corner. But Mora is due $16.5 million over the next two seasons and would have to waive a no-trade clause.

The Reds would want cash to be included, and are almost certain to ask for a little bit more in terms of talent - perhaps a lower level prospect to offset the Mora-Encarnacion thing, or, if Mora is not of interest, even for a low salary, Baltimore may have to toss the Reds a bone.

Jefferson24
01-10-2008, 10:23 AM
I cant wait to hear that the O's and M's have made a deal because if that happens then the Reds will have missed an opportunity to send away all of their young talent. If it takes Bailey, Cueto, EE and Votto then the price is way to high. Bedard is only one guy, who could hurt his shoulder before even pitching a regular season inning. Then were would you be? One pitcher and one corner infielder and that is it! Anything more is a rip off.

wlf WV
01-10-2008, 10:57 AM
I thought it went like this"You have to give something to get something",not "you must give all to get something". D'ont get me wrong I would love to have Bedard,not at the price of 2 of ALL OF BASEBALL"S top pitching prospects.In my opinion Cueto and Bailey are more valuable than Bruce.I also don't the deal because we're not guaranteed anything more than 2years.

The Cowboy
01-10-2008, 11:19 AM
i would do the deal, only if the Orioles give us Markakis and we exclude Cueto with Griffey! One can only dream....

AdamDunn
01-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I love the title of this forum. "Could the Reds lose Bedard to the Mariners." It's like we had Bedard to begin with...

AmarilloRed
01-10-2008, 06:00 PM
I love the title of this forum. "Could the Reds lose Bedard to the Mariners." It's like we had Bedard to begin with...

I called it that because both us and the Mariners seemed to want Bedard, and it looks like they will get him.