PDA

View Full Version : How about Rex Ryan AND Donnie Henderson, Bengals fans?

Matt700wlw
01-15-2008, 03:20 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2008/01/rex_ryan_4.html

Rex as DC, Henderson as LB coach...

There is speculation that Ryan is the No. 1 candidate to become the head coach in Atlanta. If that doesn't happen, he'll have a home in Cincinnati as the defensive coordinator, working under Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis.

There could be a reunion of the old Ravens' staff in Cincy because if Ryan joins the Bengals, former Ravens secondary coach Donnie Henderson is likely to become the Bengals' linebackers' coach.

traderumor
01-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Since Billick was fired because the O did not come together and the D not only kept that team respectable, but got them to the playoffs, sounds good to me. The Ravens D played the aggressive style, which I like. And I'm sure it wasn't just about personnel, but then I have to admit this is not an area of expertise for me.

Reds Freak
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
If you think those two coaches will be on the Bengals coaching staff next year, you've been :all_cohol

I was actually looking for some sort of "pipe dream" emoticon I thought we had but I guess that one will have to do.

Mike Brown thinks the Bengals have been pretty successful the past 17 years, so I wouldn't expect him to think that big. I fully expect Kevin Coyle to be promoted from secondary coach to DC...

guttle11
01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Ryan is the overwhelming favorite in Atlanta. I'd be surprised if he's not hired there.

WVRed
01-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Ryan is the overwhelming favorite in Atlanta. I'd be surprised if he's not hired there.

Ditto, especially with Jason Garrett going to the Ravens.