PDA

View Full Version : Norm Chow OUT as Titans OC...

Matt700wlw
01-15-2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=5552

HBP
01-15-2008, 08:52 PM
As a Titans fan, I'm not disappointed. It seems the Chow scheme is much better with the Palmer - Leinart types than a VY type.

Yachtzee
01-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Maybe the Titans would be interested in talking to Bob Bratkowski. :D

Highlifeman21
01-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Chow back to college?

Joseph
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Chow back to college?

UCLAs new coach wants him.

Highlifeman21
01-15-2008, 09:49 PM
UCLAs new coach wants him.

Chow working for Neuheisel? Interesting.

I'm guessing Pete Carroll will know how to D up Chow's O if he ends up @ UCLA.

MWM
01-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Chow working for Neuheisel? Interesting.

I'm guessing Pete Carroll will know how to D up Chow's O if he ends up @ UCLA.

NO college coach has ever shown any ability to D-up Chow's offense. He's been doing it for over 20 years. I don't know if his scheme is suitable for the NFL, but he never had a VY type QB in college, so I don't know why anyone thought he would be a good fit for the Titans. For the record, I just think VY isn't a good enough passer for the NFL, and no offensive coordinator is going to change that. But i may be wrong about him.

Highlifeman21
01-15-2008, 10:17 PM
NO college coach has ever shown any ability to D-up Chow's offense. He's been doing it for over 20 years. I don't know if his scheme is suitable for the NFL, but he never had a VY type QB in college, so I don't know why anyone thought he would be a good fit for the Titans. For the record, I just think VY isn't a good enough passer for the NFL, and no offensive coordinator is going to change that. But i may be wrong about him.

I'm just saying that Carroll knows the offense Chow runs, so I'd venture a guess that Carroll would be able to find a way to stop Chow's O.

When you also factor in USC's superior athletes to UCLA's athletes, I'm not so sure that UCLA really wants to tango with its cross-town rival. Makes for good TV, I suppose.

durl
01-16-2008, 10:12 AM
As a Titans fan, I'm not disappointed. It seems the Chow scheme is much better with the Palmer - Leinart types than a VY type.

I'm not an offensive genius but I can go along with your point. The Titans offensive seemed like it was simply out there to give the defense a rest.

Young didn't look good this year but it's still early in his career. (After watching Aikman's first couple of years I NEVER would have guessed he'd be a good QB in the NFL, much less an HOFer.) Perhaps a change of offense style will get Young on track.

bucksfan2
01-16-2008, 10:23 AM

Is it Chow or is it players? During his last 5 or so years at USC he had at his disposal 3 Heisman Trophy winners, 2 at the same time, and the #1 and #2 picks in the draft. I would almost argue that good players make the coach look quite a bit better.

As for the Titans I think the firing was a little premature. I also think coaching VY will become the grave yard of offensive cordinators. I just wonder if he will be able to make the necessary adjustments to take his game to the next level.

HotCorner
01-16-2008, 11:05 AM
If Zampese goes to St Louis as their OC, would Chow be interested in coming to Cincinnati to be the QB coach?

Oxilon
01-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Where's all this talk about Zampese becoming an OC coming from? He's been a QB coach for 6 years now and I haven't seen his name surface once for any possible OC positions. What creditionals does he have to warrant an OC position?

OesterPoster
01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
When you also factor in USC's superior athletes to UCLA's athletes, I'm not so sure that UCLA really wants to tango with its cross-town rival. Makes for good TV, I suppose.

Won't be long before Slick Rick has athletes knocking down the doors at UCLA...and then a few years later, the NCAA will come knocking. ;)