PDA

View Full Version : The Tom Cruise Indoctrination Video Scientologists Don't Want You To See

WMR
01-16-2008, 02:46 AM
http://defamer.com/344987/the-tom-cruise-indoctrination-video-scientologists-dont-want-you-to-see

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:
:alien: :alien: :alien:
:alien: :alien:
:alien:

RANDY IN INDY
01-16-2008, 07:05 AM
What in the heck is he talking about? That was really weird. He is really weird.

WMR
01-16-2008, 07:06 AM
What in the heck is he talking about? That was really weird. He is really weird.

I love when he cracks himself up.

SunDeck
01-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Was that from a movie where he's playing some kind of international man of intrigue who can change the direction of the ocean tides...or is that just him?

Yachtzee
01-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Usually, you like one of the most vocal proponents of your organization to be able to string a couple of coherent thoughts together.

Hail Xenu. ;)

TeamCasey
01-16-2008, 09:36 AM
What's an SP?

OUReds
01-16-2008, 12:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressive_Person

SteelSD
01-16-2008, 12:15 PM
That was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

BRM
01-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Usually, you like one of the most vocal proponents of your organization to be able to string a couple of coherent thoughts together.

Hail Xenu. ;)

No kidding. I was lost 30 seconds into that gibberish.

*BaseClogger*
01-16-2008, 12:51 PM
step out of the closet Mr.Cruise :laugh:

WebScorpion
01-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Was that from a movie where he's playing some kind of international man of intrigue who can change the direction of the ocean tides...or is that just him?

I think he's just trying to expand on the role of Frank T. J. Mackey in 'Magnolia'. Maybe something happened to him during the filming of that flick... he became the big Scientology pusher a few years after that film...http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/think005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

M2
01-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Sounds like every other religious zealot on the planet. He's got special insight and access to divine powers. His way is the only way that's going to save the world and it's his duty to convert the non-believers.

wolfboy
01-16-2008, 01:43 PM
http://www.groupsrv.com/religion/about86257.html

The first post talks about the event that this video was a part of. The video is disturbing enough. Once you get the context, it becomes even more disturbing.

Ltlabner
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
No kidding. I was lost 30 seconds into that gibberish.

That was some classic fontier...uh...I mean...mothership gibberish.

That dude has way to high of an opinion of himself.

pedro
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Just another example as to why "cruising" should be illegal. ;)

Ltlabner
01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Gee...can't imagine why the beautiful and lovely Ms. Kidman when screaming off into the night to get away from this guy.

:dunno:

RFS62
01-16-2008, 03:27 PM
That's one crazy little man.

dabvu2498
01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
That was some classic fontier...uh...I mean...mothership gibberish.

Gabby Johnson is right!

BRM
01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Gee...can't imagine why the beautiful and lovely Ms. Kidman when screaming off into the night to get away from this guy.

:dunno:

What's Katie's excuse?

WMR
01-16-2008, 03:49 PM
What's Katie's excuse?

A weak mind that is easily subjugated.

WMR
01-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Sounds like every other religious zealot on the planet. He's got special insight and access to divine powers. His way is the only way that's going to save the world and it's his duty to convert the non-believers.

Are you sure you're not describing sabermaticians?

:lol:

dougdirt
01-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Poor Joey Potter...... :(

Ltlabner
01-16-2008, 03:58 PM
What's Katie's excuse?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Joseph
01-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Whats the former Steelers linebacker have to do with this?

BRM
01-16-2008, 04:00 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That seems to be a popular excuse.

Dom Heffner
01-16-2008, 04:19 PM

The funny thing is- I think I remember it being the other way around. He left her.

An article I read recently said the only reason she doesn't talk about life with the weirdo is that as part of her divorce agreement, she is not permitted to talk about scientology, which she never was really into. The main reason the marriage collapsed.

And what they use to make sure she doesn't talk? Her Scientology "cleansing" sessions on tape, which deal almost strictly with one's sexuality. Her fantasies, hang ups, admissions- all on tape.

Pretty chilling.

Caveat Emperor
01-16-2008, 04:25 PM
What's Katie's excuse?

Toledo does strange things to people's minds.

And what they use to make sure she doesn't talk? Her Scientology "cleansing" sessions on tape, which deal almost strictly with one's sexuality. Her fantasies, hang ups, admissions- all on tape.

Which would be far from the first time that Scientology has been accused of cult-like blackmail practices designed to keep people involved in the group.

Ltlabner
01-16-2008, 04:29 PM
The funny thing is- I think I remember it being the other way around. He left her.

Really....I didn't realize that. I just assumed she dumped him.

Dang...first time I've been wrong all year. :D

Yachtzee
01-16-2008, 04:52 PM

An article I read recently said the only reason she doesn't talk about life with the weirdo is that as part of her divorce agreement, she is not permitted to talk about scientology, which she never was really into. The main reason the marriage collapsed.

Pretty chilling.

In this day and age, I wonder how much longer holding that kind of stuff will have an effect. I'd love for someone to just come out, channel their best Bill Murray voice, and say "Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear. When I do its usually something unusual. Yeah, I like to get a little freaky-deaky. Who doesn't? I'm a Hollywood actor, not an ascetic monk."

BUTLER REDSFAN
01-16-2008, 07:42 PM
I just watched this. ???? What did he say?!?!?!Did he put one coherent sentence together???

deltachi8
01-16-2008, 07:44 PM
He really seems to care....about what, I have no idea. [/end Rodney Dangerfield Voice]

TC81190
01-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Scientology is a cult. That is no exaggeration.

WMR
01-16-2008, 08:37 PM
He really seems to care....about what, I have no idea. [/end Rodney Dangerfield Voice]

GOOD ONE DELTA!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TeamCasey
01-17-2008, 07:51 AM

Playadlc
01-17-2008, 08:34 AM
You know what the worst part of this is?

This nimrod, when he gets done with his crazy-man pulpit routine, goes home to Katie every night.

BUTLER REDSFAN
01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
You know what the worst part of this is?

This nimrod, when he gets done with his crazy-man pulpit routine, goes home to Katie every night.

Well,so far he's got to go home with Mimi,Nicole,Penelope and now Katie..Did I forget anyone?

Roy Tucker
01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
The guy is free to pursue whatever higher calling he wants. Freedom of religion and beliefs and all that. I think we've fought a war or 2 over it.

It is up to us if we want to pay any attention to what he says.

traderumor
01-17-2008, 01:49 PM
I just watched this. ???? What did he say?!?!?!Did he put one coherent sentence together???I didn't make it through the whole thing. I couldn't make out much of what he was saying and turned it off.

Bip Roberts
01-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Every religion has its nut jobs.... sadly im not sure if that one has any sane jobs

Screwball
01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
If I had read the transcript of that interview and then had to choose whether TC was A.) a scientologist, or B.) on psychadelic drugs, I'd choose B every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Dude's lost his freakin' mind.

SeeinRed
01-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Is that what Ozzy would sound like if you were able to understand the words that come out of his mouth? Seriously, if TC was mumbling, he would look and sound just like Ozzy.

My girlfriend was pressured into doing one of their Theaton Meter tests. Of course it came back that she was unhappy. They told her that Scientology could help her... for $2500. Obviously, my gf didn't have that kind of money. She didn't want to go in the first place, but she was taken there by a family friend, who told her they were going out for my GF's 8 year old niece's birthday. They ended up in the Scientology center downtown for about 4 hours on her niece's birthday. He said it was for their own happiness.

My GF told them she wasn't interested in Scientology and they went on for an hour telling her why her opinions were wrong. They told her she wasn't of the mind to make a decision on her happiness and she should give them the money so they could help her immediately. She said no and they left. They call her every day, even though she told them know about a year ago, and she tells them no every time they call and tells them to stop calling. They send her mail constantly and even DVDs. That can't be a cheap undertaking. She even went in with an open mind at first. She thought maybe their views on psych. could help her. She came out with the opinion that they were very "cult like" and even did some research on the internet about them. Apparently, there is a high rate of suicide in new members. Don't know if they blackmail as some have reported, but it is quite alarming. I'm sure the constant message of you aren't happy give us money is a bit overwhelming. They even called me once. I told them that I barely had enough time to participate in the cults I already belong to, and their mothership date conflicts with one of my other cults, so I don't have time. She told me I was misinformed. I was just being a smart a** because of what they were doing to my GF, but the lady didn't seem to find it funny. They haven't called me since.

I'm not one to persecute beliefs of others, but they severly need to re-evaluate their practices. They broke my GF down to tears on many occasions, then used that as proof that she needed their help. They were very malicious in those attacks telling her that she was a failure and bringing up the past that they had learned from their meeting.

You have the right to believe what you want, its how you treat people with other beliefs that is important here. I don't consider thier beliefs wrong, I consider their practices wrong.

Maybe it is just a certain group of people who act like this, I don't know.

westofyou
01-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Ponyboy Curtis misses the real Steve Randall

TC81190
01-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Is that what Ozzy would sound like if you were able to understand the words that come out of his mouth? Seriously, if TC was mumbling, he would look and sound just like Ozzy.

My girlfriend was pressured into doing one of their Theaton Meter tests. Of course it came back that she was unhappy. They told her that Scientology could help her... for $2500. Obviously, my gf didn't have that kind of money. She didn't want to go in the first place, but she was taken there by a family friend, who told her they were going out for my GF's 8 year old niece's birthday. They ended up in the Scientology center downtown for about 4 hours on her niece's birthday. He said it was for their own happiness.

My GF told them she wasn't interested in Scientology and they went on for an hour telling her why her opinions were wrong. They told her she wasn't of the mind to make a decision on her happiness and she should give them the money so they could help her immediately. She said no and they left. They call her every day, even though she told them know about a year ago, and she tells them no every time they call and tells them to stop calling. They send her mail constantly and even DVDs. That can't be a cheap undertaking. She even went in with an open mind at first. She thought maybe their views on psych. could help her. She came out with the opinion that they were very "cult like" and even did some research on the internet about them. Apparently, there is a high rate of suicide in new members. Don't know if they blackmail as some have reported, but it is quite alarming. I'm sure the constant message of you aren't happy give us money is a bit overwhelming. They even called me once. I told them that I barely had enough time to participate in the cults I already belong to, and their mothership date conflicts with one of my other cults, so I don't have time. She told me I was misinformed. I was just being a smart a** because of what they were doing to my GF, but the lady didn't seem to find it funny. They haven't called me since.

I'm not one to persecute beliefs of others, but they severly need to re-evaluate their practices. They broke my GF down to tears on many occasions, then used that as proof that she needed their help. They were very malicious in those attacks telling her that she was a failure and bringing up the past that they had learned from their meeting.

You have the right to believe what you want, its how you treat people with other beliefs that is important here. I don't consider thier beliefs wrong, I consider their practices wrong.

Maybe it is just a certain group of people who act like this, I don't know.

Nope, that's their MO. They have murdered their members before, if you look up their Wikipedia article, it's one of the articles linked to it. They bully those who don't agree with them etc., make legal, and in some cases, personal, threats.

If it were just a ridiculous belief, I could get over that. To each their own. But I believe Scientology is dangerous.

vaticanplum
01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Wow, I'm sold! Now I'm totally becoming a Scientologist!

In all seriousness, I think the best part of that was the music. That endless loop of pseduo-spy movie sounds over and over and over again. Because nothing says religion like spy sounds. Fantastic.

But not as fantastic as this:

http://download.yousendit.com/94A16E5E268D6DEE

edit: That song is held under the Creative Commons artistic license and not subject to digital rights, thank you very much. I am an obedient message board poster :)

TC81190
01-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Nope, that's their MO. They have murdered their members before, if you look up their Wikipedia article, it's one of the articles linked to it. They bully those who don't agree with them etc., make legal, and in some cases, personal, threats.

If it were just a ridiculous belief, I could get over that. To each their own. But I believe Scientology is dangerous.

This is the link I was referring to, BTW:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_McPherson

Mario-Rijo
01-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Something eerily Demolition Man-Esque about all of that crap! :eek:

CrackerJack
01-17-2008, 07:01 PM
I guess I don't see what's so shocking or overly odd about it. No more odd than what I see on Public Access every day or any given suburban mega church.

SeeinRed
01-17-2008, 07:24 PM
I guess I don't see what's so shocking or overly odd about it. No more odd than what I see on Public Access every day or any given suburban mega church.

The scariest part about this is they are a huge worldwide organization with millions if not billions of dollars of backing. They would definately seem to prey on people, especially those with looking to belong or the ones they can convince are really unhappy. The weaker minds if you will. That is very cult like in practice. They will even go so far as to pull out personal and confidential details that you give them in a "test" to try and get you to join. They did this to my GF. I heard it myself when she put it on speakerphone. It is downright malicious. They get away with stuff that many organizations would be investigated and prosecuted for. As mentioned earlier, there are numerous cases of murder, suicide that are at least in part due to the "church's" behavior, and blackmail. They are serious charges with quite a bit of evidence. Recordings of calls, documents, and so forth. They have a large department of attorneys that are used to find loopholes, fight charges, and take legal action against the ones who try to speak out.

My guess is as good as the next guy about wether these charges are true, but in my dealings through my girlfriend in this, I would definately be more inclined to believe it. As I stated before, they have broken my girlfriend down to tears intentionally on many occasions to try to use it as proof that she needed their help and needed to give them her money. They call from different numbers all the time. Its harrassment. Once they get your name and address, its over. My GF even changed her number to try to get them to stop. It didn't work. They called her within 48 hrs after the change. Don't know how they knew, but they figured it out somehow.

Trust me, if you aren't interested in scientology, let my girlfriend be a lesson. Don't give them any of your info. If you are interested, please be careful.

GAC
01-17-2008, 08:28 PM
If people would really research L Ron Hubbard and Dianetics (self improvement), they would easily see how his teachings would appeal to the self indulgent Hollywood types. ;)

And the guy was such a charlatan and hypocrite. The controversies surrounding this guy are just too numerous and weird. His ex-wives claimed to have endured years of abuse and torture that included the children. And his life consisted of a diet of drugs, including an opium addiction.

And Scientology is outlawed in Germany.

But who really cares about Tom Cruise or what he does?

vaticanplum
01-17-2008, 08:59 PM
If people would really research L Ron Hubbard and Dianetics (self improvement), they would easily see how his teachings would appeal to the self indulgent Hollywood types. ;)

There are self-indulgent people in all walks of life, GAC. The defining factor in the very small percentage of "Hollywood types" who are Scientologists is not their personality but their money. The great majority of Scientologists are non-celebrities who are financially well off (or at least willing to hand over a substantial chunk of their money).

I don't see self-indulgence or self-centeredness as what leads people to a "religion" like this anyway. Almost the opposite: I think they're trying to fill a void within themselves. There are millions of ways people do this; most of us do this in some way. This just happens to be a very grandiose, expensive and (in my opinion) potentially damaging way to do it.

But who really cares about Tom Cruise or what he does?

Well, anybody reading this clicked on the thread ;)

WMR
01-17-2008, 09:05 PM
I would follow a religion dictated by VP.

Caveat Emperor
01-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I would follow a religion dictated by VP.

I might join up, but it'd be more just a Christmas and Easter thing for me.

First Church of Vaticanplum, Mt. Washington Branch :D

GAC
01-19-2008, 09:00 AM
There are self-indulgent people in all walks of life, GAC. The defining factor in the very small percentage of "Hollywood types" who are Scientologists is not their personality but their money. The great majority of Scientologists are non-celebrities who are financially well off (or at least willing to hand over a substantial chunk of their money).

I never stated otherwise. Only that this "teaching" runs right up the Hollywood type's alley, which is a lifestyle, for the most part, due to their wealth and success, embodied with self indulgence, excess, and "I, me, mine".

I don't see self-indulgence or self-centeredness as what leads people to a "religion" like this anyway.

I do, in certain instances. And this is one of them IMO. For the most part, and generally speaking, Hollywood not only rejects, but mocks the Christianity and the traditional concept of a God (a supreme being in control, when they are not). Again - if one researches Dianetics and Hubbard's background and where his teachings originate from, it's nothing new. He studied various Far Eastern philosophies, such as Buddhism, Hinduism (the Vedas), and simply "plagiarized" those teachings, mingled with his own strange beliefs, to form his own religion/church. And the core of HIS teachings replaces God with self. self is "god".

If one listens to Tom Cruise, and other Scientology advocates, talk about "helping others", it always from a vantage point of really helping themselves and making themselves feel good (patting themselves on the back), and trying to possibly fill that "void" you refer to. People, for whatever misguided reasons, try to fill that "void" with all types of various means/methodology, thinking it will provide them the answer. There's no denying that.

And there are a lot of examples, even in certain Christian "circles", such as the "health and wealth" gospel promoted by such luminaries as Kenneth Copeland and Oral Roberts, just to name a couple, where the only reason people are drawn to it is because they are told, or their attitude is, a misguided one of self and "what's in it for me?"

The bottom line is that when money is at the center of attaining that happiness and/or contentment.... Look out!

But I'm in full agreement with what Roy said.....

The guy is free to pursue whatever higher calling he wants. Freedom of religion and beliefs and all that. I think we've fought a war or 2 over it.

It is up to us if we want to pay any attention to what he says.

westofyou
01-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Again - if one researches Dianetics and Hubbard's background and where his teachings originate from, it's nothing new. He studied various Far Eastern philosophies, such as Buddhism, Hinduism (the Vedas), and simply "plagiarized" those teachings, mingled with his own strange beliefs, to form his own religion/church.

And if I recall.. he wasn't the first to do that either. ;)

vaticanplum
01-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I never stated otherwise. Only that this "teaching" runs right up the Hollywood type's alley, which is a lifestyle, for the most part, due to their wealth and success, embodied with self indulgence, excess, and "I, me, mine".

For the most part, and generally speaking, Hollywood not only rejects, but mocks the Christianity and the traditional concept of a God (a supreme being in control, when they are not).

I just have a serious problem with that type of generalization. How many "Hollywood types" do you know, GAC? How much of their lifestyle have you witnessed firsthand? Are you basing this generalization of a large group of pretty hard-working, largely solitary people on a dozen faces splashed all over the papers all the time plus maybe five crazy Scientologists? What on earth do you know about most of their religious beliefs? What if these Hollywood types, with all their self-indulgence, turned around and said that anyone who lives in Ohio is an ignorant, Jesus-loving, country-music listening farmer who can't see past his own nose? Not really a fair assessment, is it?

GAC, you appear somewhat versed in Scientology (certainly more than I am) and you may have good points on that account, but I just can't read that far because when an argument starts from a place of such sterotyping and blatant generalization it loses all credibility with me. Those kind of blanket statements would not be acceptable about most social or economic groups, even to you; why are people who work in Hollywood the exception? First of all, that kind of generalization is just flat-out wrong. Secondly, it is really disconnected from Tom Cruise and Scientology. Tom Cruise is probably a little crazy and probably self-indulgent, but he is neither of those things because he's famous and successful. All the fame and success allow him to do is showcase his crazy in a more public fashion than most people have opportunity to do. And so it certainly doesn't stand to follow that fame and success automatically give way to self-indulgence.

GAC
01-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I just have a serious problem with that type of generalization. How many "Hollywood types" do you know, GAC? How much of their lifestyle have you witnessed firsthand? Are you basing this generalization of a large group of pretty hard-working, largely solitary people on a dozen faces splashed all over the papers all the time plus maybe five crazy Scientologists?..... but I just can't read that far because when an argument starts from a place of such sterotyping and blatant generalization it loses all credibility with me. Those kind of blanket statements would not be acceptable about most social or economic groups.

You're reading too much into what I said to begin with. I wasn't generalizing or sterotyping everyone who lives, works, and breaths in Hollywood. That was a huge assumption and leap on your part. All I said was that Scientology, which is a "religion" of self, is very popular and growing among Hollywood types. And that is simply a reported fact. Do some simple research and you'd discover that. It's been steadily growing/gaining adherents in Hollywood for the last 40 years.

If it's shown or reported that there is a growing trend among 16 yr old white suburbanite males using crack, and I simply repeat that, am I claiming that all 16 yr old suburbanite males are crackheads?

What on earth do you know about most of their religious beliefs?

Again - I wasn't generalizing all of Hollywood. I could care less what the rest of Hollywood believes/disbelieves. But we are discussing a Hollywood celebrity and his association with Scientology.

And Scientologists, like Cruise, are consistently giving public interviews and hitting the talk shows making the effort to insure their beliefs/positions are known to everyone. TC is currently the most vocal right now;but he certainly isn't the first. Over the last 25-30 years the list of celebrity/famous people who are Scientology members, and very vocal publically, is quite extensive. Again - a simple search would reveal a pretty extensive list.

What if these Hollywood types, with all their self-indulgence, turned around and said that anyone who lives in Ohio is an ignorant, Jesus-loving, country-music listening farmer who can't see past his own nose?

Many do, and it doesn't bother me in the least. Sticks and stones may break my bones....... :lol:

Bob Borkowski
01-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Methinks this thread is headed for the Peanut Gallery (in other words...oblivion). ;)

savafan
01-19-2008, 08:50 PM
I have a hard time calling Scientology a religion...

TeamCasey
01-20-2008, 12:00 PM
I am not Tom Cruise.

Dom Heffner
01-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Methinks this thread is headed for the Peanut Gallery (in other words...oblivion).

Please see Things That Drive Me Crazy Redux...LOL :)

jimbo
01-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Tom Cruise: Next Scientology Convert Jerry Seinfeld?

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tom Cruise and Jerry Seinfeld have been chumming it up in New York City recently. With all the hoopla surrounding Scientology, we have to wonder if Cruise is putting the bums rush to Seinfeld and his wife in hopes of earning a few more converts.

The couples enjoyed a dinner out on Tuesday evening at Sfoglia on the Upper East Side. The following day, the actors visited a garage that houses Seinfeld’s car collection, as seen in the photo. The two families have digs in Telluride, Colorado and that is where the friendship apparently got started. Seinfeld is said to have dabbled in Scientology some 30 years ago. He claims not to know that much but he liked it. Say no more. Tom Cruise to the rescue.

We’ve heard and seen evidence that Cruise is at the top of the Scientology echelon, reportedly the second most powerful member. We’ve now seen the recruiting videos and there’s also Andrew Morton’s new biography.

We’ve wondered about Will Smith, David Beckham and quite frankly, anyone that Cruise seems to hover around. Many claim that Cruise isn’t pushing Scientology, yet we wonder if that’s the entire story.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/e/content/oh/story/entertainment/celebrity/blogburst.html?bbPostId=B896qUTU9c7NBDWO0hJtptpYB9 OOuW71J8dtCzAW2keDvi1or&bbParentWidgetId=B8iljF6ne9DKzCCwXPjxIAlo

Why anyone would want to hang out with this loon is beyond my comprehension.

WMR
01-20-2008, 03:43 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Turns out that one video I posted is 1 part of a total of 6. They're difficult to find, b/c the scientologists get 'em ripped down as soon as they're posted in many places.

Anyone find 'em, please post them, I NEED TO SEE THESE 5 OTHER PARTS. :lol:

MartyFan
01-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Being that this is a religious thread...I am praying that Jesus will reach his heart and mind.

WMR
01-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Being that this is a religious thread...I am praying that Jesus will reach his heart and mind.

Ummm, this isn't a religious thread. This is a Tom Cruise is Crazy Thread. Please don't get this thread closed. Thanks. :)

GAC
01-20-2008, 06:23 PM
wrong thread :p:

savafan
01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
I'd be happy for anyone to reach Tom Cruise's heart and mind, Jesus, Matty, or Felipe, I don't care.

;)

RedsBaron
01-21-2008, 12:25 PM
That's one crazy little man.

Agreed.

savafan
01-21-2008, 07:38 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/0927tomcruise-CR.html

Tom Cruise is allegedly planning to build a $10 million bunker underneath his Telluride estate in preparation for the end of the world, a source told America's Star magazine.

The 'Top Gun' star, who is a devout follower of Scientology, is said to believe evil intergalactic ruler Xenu will attack Earth and so has designed a place to hide underneath his Colorado mansion.

"It's a self-contained underground shelter with a high tech air-purifying system where up to ten people can survive for years," the interviewee said

Cruise is a devout follower of the Scientology and has been hailed by leaders of the faith as the "chosen one" who will spread the word of the religion.

The 45-year-old actor is currently in Berlin filming World War II drama, 'Valkyrie'.

He has been joined by wife Katie Holmes and 17-month-old daughter Suri, but his adopted children with first wife Nicole Kidman - Isabella, 14, and 12-year-old son Connor - are said to have spent the summer at a Scientology camp.

Yachtzee
01-21-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/0927tomcruise-CR.html

Tom Cruise is allegedly planning to build a $10 million bunker underneath his Telluride estate in preparation for the end of the world, a source told America's Star magazine.

The 'Top Gun' star, who is a devout follower of Scientology, is said to believe evil intergalactic ruler Xenu will attack Earth and so has designed a place to hide underneath his Colorado mansion.

"It's a self-contained underground shelter with a high tech air-purifying system where up to ten people can survive for years," the interviewee said

Cruise is a devout follower of the Scientology and has been hailed by leaders of the faith as the "chosen one" who will spread the word of the religion.

The 45-year-old actor is currently in Berlin filming World War II drama, 'Valkyrie'.

He has been joined by wife Katie Holmes and 17-month-old daughter Suri, but his adopted children with first wife Nicole Kidman - Isabella, 14, and 12-year-old son Connor - are said to have spent the summer at a Scientology camp.

Xenu's coming? I wonder if he's still flying in one of these babies, you know, because our technology has advanced way past the DC-8. I think we might have a chance of kicking his behind. What other 1950s era technology could he throw at us?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Xenu_space_plane.jpg

KronoRed
01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
I wish Tom would lock himself in and leave us alone

vaticanplum
01-21-2008, 08:33 PM
I wish Tom would lock himself in and leave us alone

i never want him to go away. What on earth would we talk about without him? He's infinitely more entertaining than his movies.

Yachtzee
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
i never want him to go away. What on earth would we talk about without him? He's infinitely more entertaining than his movies.

So true. If they came out with a Tom Cruise reality show, I know I'd watch it.

GAC
01-21-2008, 08:39 PM

Maybe he meant Xanadu?

http://jasonhare.com/wp-content/uploads/Image/jhcontent/xanadu.jpg

I wouldn't mind being locked up in a bunker with Olivia. ;)

Yachtzee
01-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Maybe he meant Xanadu?

http://jasonhare.com/wp-content/uploads/Image/jhcontent/xanadu.jpg

I wouldn't mind being locked up in a bunker with Olivia. ;)

"A place where nobody dared to go
The love that we came to know
They call it Xanadu"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m1UWSD-FaA

Caveat Emperor
01-21-2008, 09:05 PM

Most definitely. He's walking that fine line right now between viability and disaster. He's had 3 legitimately good/great movies ("The Last Samurai", "Collateral", and "Vanilla Sky") in the past 10 years, all with the public convinced he's a total loon.

If he gets a few dud flicks under his belt, things are really going to go south in a hurry. That's when the REAL fun begins.

Having said that, I'm kinda rooting for him to get a little traction with this Scientology thing. It's so frigging out-there that it would amuse me greatly to see more people start buying (literally) into it. I'd die laughing if some talking head on MSNBC was forced, at some future date, to contemplate how a candidate would play with the anti-Xenu crowd.

vaticanplum
01-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Most definitely. He's walking that fine line right now between viability and disaster. He's had 3 legitimately good/great movies ("The Last Samurai", "Collateral", and "Vanilla Sky") in the past 10 years, all with the public convinced he's a total loon.

Don't forget Magnolia. That's a movie I happen to love, but a great performance from him regardless of how anyone feels about the movie. I wasn't crazy about Vanilla Sky; haven't seen the other two you mention.

I've long believed that Tom Cruise could have been a legitimately good actor if he hadn't been so determined to be a movie star. But his stardom -- and, hand in hand, his craziness -- long ago eclipsed his acting career. Which is clearly what he wants. And maybe that's why it's so fun to watch him.

GAC
01-21-2008, 09:09 PM

The guy, IMO, has made some solid movies. Enjoyed Last Samurai. Add Mission Impossible and Top Gun to that list.

He's just become so full of himself IMO. L Ron Hubbard was a looney, and his personal life, which is recorded history, attests to that. Tom, as a true disciple, is following in his steps as far as I'm concerned.

WMR
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Having said that, I'm kinda rooting for him to get a little traction with this Scientology thing. It's so frigging out-there that it would amuse me greatly to see more people start buying (literally) into it. I'd die laughing if some talking head on MSNBC was forced, at some future date, to contemplate how a candidate would play with the anti-Xenu crowd.

:lol:

CE, you are evil!! :evil:

cincinnati chili
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Minority report was excellent. Philip Dick's writing and Spielberg's directing are tough to screw up.

Speaking of "minority," I actually liked Eyes Wide shut too, which I think was in the last ten years.

WMR
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
"Collateral" is the best movie he has ever made, IMO.

Showed acting range and chops that I didn't know he possessed. Anyone who hasn't seen that movie should rent it immediately. Magnificent film.

redsfan30
01-21-2008, 09:18 PM
"Collateral" is the best movie he has ever made, IMO.

Showed acting range and chops that I didn't know he possessed. Anyone who hasn't seen that movie should rent it immediately. Magnificent film.

Collateral was a very, very good movie.

Caveat Emperor
01-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Don't forget Magnolia. That's a movie I happen to love, but a great performance from him regardless of how anyone feels about the movie. I wasn't crazy about Vanilla Sky; haven't seen the other two you mention.

"Magnolia" was a fantastic movie -- I had thought, for some reason, it was older than 10 years. I just checked imdb and it is within the past 10 (1999 release year), so make that four good/great movies in that time period.

If you haven't seen "Collateral" I would recommend checking it out -- get a friend to loan you a DVD if you have to. It's a brilliant character piece that probably would've been one of the 3 or 4 best movies made in recent memory if it wasn't for the ending, which almost derails the film. Cruise really plays against type and does a fantastic job of creating a deep and twisted character. It's his best work as an actor that I've seen (and Jamie Foxx's best work as well -- easily topping "Ray"). Plus, it's a Michael Mann film, so the cinematography and directing is gorgeous.

But his stardom -- and, hand in hand, his craziness -- long ago eclipsed his acting career. Which is clearly what he wants. And maybe that's why it's so fun to watch him.

It's tough to reach the level of celebrity he is at without believing, deep down, that it's all about you. When you marry that attitude to a religion that seemingly DOES believe it's all about him... well, buckle up. ;)

vaticanplum
01-21-2008, 09:38 PM
It's tough to reach the level of celebrity he is at without believing, deep down, that it's all about you. When you marry that attitude to a religion that seemingly DOES believe it's all about him... well, buckle up. ;)

My understanding, from what very little I know of Tom Cruise, was that Scientology has been first and foremost in his mind for a very long time. He truly believes himself a disciple of this religion who has responsibility to bring it to as much of the world as he can. This was a factor in his pursuing stardom so vehemently. Acting was always secondary to him.

The reason why his beliefs have come to such prominence over the past few years is not because his beliefs have changed, but because his handlers have. A few years ago he fired his manager who was always the one who kept his tirades at bay and instructed interviewers on how to talk to him, kept Scientology off-limits, etc. After he fired his manager, he hired his sister to do the job. She happens to be a Scientologist as well. She does not, suffice it to say, keep his beliefs at bay.

Take that for what it is. Probably some truth in it and probably some speculation as well. But for what it's worth, I think Scientology has ALWAYS been this guy's primary concern, and everything else has just exacerbated the publicity surrounding it.

GAC
01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
The Church of Scientology has issued a statement, and sent memos to all the major news outlets, that they will sue anyone showing this video of Cruise. Their position is that they own the copy rights to the video. While this is true, there is also a "provision" in the copyright law that has something to do with "fair distribution" (or something to that matter) that allows it to be shown. Maybe one who knows/studies law can chime in on that.

But their intent is to suppress this video.

L Ron Hubbard strongly advocated using law suits to harass and discourage, rather then to win.

http://gawker.com/5002319/church-of-scientology-claims-copyright-infringement

Boston Red
01-25-2008, 12:40 AM
Good to see someone who spent a year at the REAL St. X (not that goofy Cincinnati one) making a name for himself...I guess the Xaverian Brothers didn't make much of an impression on him (at least not a positive one).

BoydsOfSummer
01-25-2008, 05:19 AM
Religionism is a gas.

Pull my finger.

Seriously, do they have services and stuff, or do they just bounce around in the atmosphere?

I thought Algore was going to save us, does he know about this?

WebScorpion
01-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Tom Cruise: Next Scientology Convert Jerry Seinfeld?

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tom Cruise and Jerry Seinfeld have been chumming it up ... yadda, yadda, yadda.

Why anyone would want to hang out with this loon is beyond my comprehension.

I'm sure Jerry was just gathering material for his next act. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Chip R
01-25-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm sure Jerry was just gathering material for his next act. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

"Have you seen this Tom Cruise video? What's the deal with that?"

Yachtzee
01-25-2008, 11:04 AM
"Have you seen this Tom Cruise video? What's the deal with that?"

"And what's the deal with that medal they gave him? It's like they awarded him a hubcap from L. Ron Hubbard's Lincoln Town Car."

RichRed
01-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Tom: I love you, Jerry.

Jerry: Right back atcha, Slick. [leaves and quickly closes door behind him]

GAC
01-26-2008, 08:04 AM

Maybe they're planning on being the new Tom and Jerry?

But I think Tom could fit right in as George....

Tom: I have this innate ability to sense human pain
Jerry: Are you sensing anything right now?

Tom: "She's got a big crush on David Letterman, I mean a big crush. She talks about him all the time. Suppose I go up to David Letterman. He works at NBC, I work at NBC. I explain my situation. He agrees to meet her. They go out. They fall madly in love. And she dumps me for David Letterman!"
Jerry: "This is your plan?"
Tom: "No, no, I'm just thinking."Jerry: "I don't think you are."

Tom: "A job with the New York Yankees! This has been the dream of my life ever since I was a child, and it's all happening because I'm completely ignoring every urge towards common sense and good judgement I've ever had. This is no longer just some crazy notion, Elaine, Jerry. This is my religion."
Jerry: "So I guess your messiah would be the Anti-Christ."

Tom:"My whole life has been a complete waste of time."
Jerry: "And there's so much more to go."

Tom: "Why can't there be some things just for me? Is that so selfish?"
Jerry: "Actually, that's the definition of selfish."

Tom: "I've driven women to lesbianism before, but never a mental institution."

Tom: "I say stupid things all the time. I can't go two minutes without saying something stupid."

WMR
02-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Okay, youtube makes you verify that you are 18 to watch this video...

this video has some strong language... but it is HILARIOUSLY FUNNY.

The best spoof of the Tom Cruise video that I have yet to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNJdAzY4KA

On a related note, the scientologists hacked the website of the group that made this parody and left them a bizarre voicemail about the attack that you can see on the same page as this video.

Chip R
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
I see where the voice of Bart Simpson - Nancy Cartwright - has donated $11.2M to Scientology.

WMR
02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
I see where the voice of Bart Simpson - Nancy Cartwright - has donated $11.2M to Scientology.

:eek:

I didn't know that!!

GAC
02-02-2008, 09:30 AM

Since Ben, Hoss, and Little Joe have all passed, what else is she suppose to do with the money from the sale of the Ponderosa? :p:

sonny
02-02-2008, 09:34 AM
:eek:

I didn't know that!!

Don't have a cow, man.:beerme:

Caveat Emperor
02-02-2008, 06:05 PM

Jason Lee is listed on Wikipedia as a Scientologist as well.

I'd love to see someone ask Kevin Smith what his opinion was of that the next time he's live on O&A or when he does when of his Q&A sessions.

Chip R
02-02-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm not surprised she donated to Scientology. I'm surprised she donated that much. I'm sure they are making decent money for doing that but $11M from someone who just does voices?

GAC
02-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Jason Lee is listed on Wikipedia as a Scientologist as well.

Yep.

Charles Manson, one of the biggest lunatics in American history, took over 150 hours of Scientology courses, rejected it as too crazy, and then went on to murder a whole bunch of people. Go figure.

So is....

Leah Remini of King Of Queens

Beck

Greta Van Susteren (Fox). Her husband John "Bhopal" Coale represented Lisa Marie Presley (Scientologist) in her divorce.

Danny Masterson (That 70's Show)

Here's another list....

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_scientologist.html

GAC
02-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not surprised she donated to Scientology. I'm surprised she donated that much. I'm sure they are making decent money for doing that but $11M from someone who just does voices?

Yeah. Epecially when she could have spent it on a bunker! :D

Razor Shines
02-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Okay, youtube makes you verify that you are 18 to watch this video...

this video has some strong language... but it is HILARIOUSLY FUNNY.

The best spoof of the Tom Cruise video that I have yet to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNJdAzY4KA

On a related note, the scientologists hacked the website of the group that made this parody and left them a bizarre voicemail about the attack that you can see on the same page as this video.

LOL! "I put ethics into a guy I met on Craig's list."