PDA

View Full Version : Tejada's Future in Houston

GoReds33
01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm sure some of you have heard that the Feds are investigating Miguel Tejada for lying to federal investigators. When I was watching Espnews, they mentioned that this may effect his immigration status. Since he is not a US citizen, theoretically he could be denied entry to the United States, depending on the outcome of this case.

Do you think this is fair? Personally, I do. If you lie to federal investigators, then you don't deserve to be in this country in the first place. Living, or working in the US is a privelage. Besides that, what would this do to his future in Houston? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Keep in mind, that this is just an inquiry though. He doesn't have charges filed on him, or anything like that.

Here's a link to the ESPN article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3201358

*BaseClogger*
01-17-2008, 05:27 PM
jocks always get special priveledges... ;)

Vada Pinson Fan
01-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I, for one, believe the United States laws apply to all people living within our borders and territories. Which also includes- No ballplayer is immune to/from our societal laws. If the FBI investigation proves that Tejada lied to Federal investigators due process of the law must occur.

In my opinion, and in this case a foreigner, if evidence warrants should be arrested, tried and once again at that point if found guilty- be fined, imprisoned from 1-5 years then deported. We must maintain our laws and justice.... and justice to all.

GoReds33-"Do you think this is fair? Personally, I do. If you lie to federal investigators, then you don't deserve to be in this country in the first place. Living, or working in the US is a privelage. Besides that, what would this do to his future in Houston? I would love to hear your thoughts."

Yes, I think it is fair. Couldn't agree with you more! If guilty, he should have no future in Houston, no future in Baseball and no future in the United States. Tough? You bet!!!

reds2221
01-18-2008, 02:53 PM
yes it is tough, but for what he did, he deserves it

Brian
01-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Thing is, Houston had to know this risk going in, I can't believe they made the trade in the first place.

Bip Roberts
01-18-2008, 03:39 PM
and think ive had someone rub the tejada deal in my face saying it was an awesome move compared to anything the reds have done

TexRed
01-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Heard from an inside source that Drayton wanted him previously and was told what was in the bag. Drayton also bought the bag that had Jason Jennings in it. He needs to step back and let the people he has hired do the work. I understand he owns the team, but his historical money was from groceries, not baseball.

Vada Pinson Fan
01-18-2008, 04:54 PM
I thought the teams had a day or two advance notice prior to the release of the Mitchell report. Guess that wasn't the case.