PDA

View Full Version : Reds reliever Bill Bray sidelined by appendectomy

Degenerate39
01-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Reds reliever Bill Bray sidelined by appendectomy

January 18, 2008

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Reds reliever Bill Bray had an appendectomy Friday and is expected to resume throwing in two weeks.

Bray had the surgery in Grapevine, Texas, where he lives in the offseason, the team said.

Cincinnati also claimed minor league outfielder Drew Anderson off waivers from the Milwaukee Brewers.

Anderson, 26, batted a combined .291 with five home runs and 17 stolen bases last season playing for Double-A Huntsville and Triple-A Nashville. He fills out the club's 40-man roster.

Caveman Techie
01-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Man that poor guy has Brandon Larson type luck. If you ever see him walking down your side of the street, you better cross over to the other side cause a car is bound to run up on the sidewalk. :)

mroby85
01-20-2008, 06:44 PM
i think he has a lot of potential, hopefully he's ready to roll by opening day!

XU Lou
01-20-2008, 09:00 PM
I think Bray is the key to our bullpen being special. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Vada Pinson Fan
01-21-2008, 12:59 AM
I saw this reported earlier today on the ORG. Hope Bray will be fine.

Degenerate39
01-21-2008, 12:44 PM
i think he has a lot of potential, hopefully he's ready to roll by opening day!

I think he has a lot of potential also. Before Burton turned it up the 2nd half of the season I saw Bray as the future closer of the Reds now I'm not so sure who will be the closer Burton or Bray. Both have potential and both are young. Chances are that Burton will be the future closer as of right now if he keeps doing what he did at the end of 2007.