PDA

View Full Version : Rambo

will5979
01-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Anyone going this weekend to see Sly in Rambo? He nailed Rocky Balboa, but I'm not yet convinced if he can resurrect Rambo...I'm hoping it is good. But since the end of First Blood Part II Rambo has been a cartoon character of an unstoppable killing machine.

Bip Roberts
01-22-2008, 10:33 AM
If you saw the 1st released trailer video they made for something like sundance you will know its going to be him going nuts and killing pretty much everyone in his way

Highlifeman21
01-22-2008, 11:19 AM
If you saw the 1st released trailer video they made for something like sundance you will know its going to be him going nuts and killing pretty much everyone in his way

And how is that any different than the other Rambo movies?

will5979
01-22-2008, 11:39 AM

Techinally in First Blood the body count was a whopping 1. And the death in that movie was accidental, Rambo didn't actually kill anyone in this movie.

In Part II he killed the entire VC and Soviet Army in Nam.

In Part III he killed the entire Soviet Army in Afghanistan.

Don't know what happens in part IV but I'm pretty sure the this one will have the higgest tally.

Falls City Beer

I think this thread should be moved to the Oscars thread. :)

westofyou

This one cost $10 bucks to see not $3.50

CrackerJack
01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
There was a Rambo III?

Highlifeman21
01-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I think this thread should be moved to the Oscars thread. :)

For next year, FCB. For next year.

The Oscar nominations just came out, and since this movie isn't out yet, I don't think it was nominated.

But maybe this movie is that good that it'll win without being nominated.

I mean it's Rambo, after all.

Highlifeman21
01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
This one cost $10 bucks to see not $3.50

I might not wanna test my luck to see if I can still get the "student discount" with my old college ID on this one is what you're telling me?

Chip R
01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
I might not wanna test my luck to see if I can still get the "student discount" with my old college ID on this one is what you're telling me?

It didn't work for Hedley Lamarr.

will5979
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM

That fella sure reminded me of Count De Money.

klw
01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
There was a Rambo III?

Yes Rambo saves his mentor from the Soviets and in the process brings down the CCCR and accidently accelerates the development of Al-Quida. Plus there is a scene in which in removes an arrow from his side, puts gunpowder inside the wound, and lights it so that fire comes out both his front and back. (though maybe there were some special effects involved.)

jmac
01-22-2008, 10:17 PM

Rambo is different in that Sly picks a real situation that is going on in the world to deal with and that is Burma and the chaos that is going in there.
They faced much opposition during filming including being shot at across the border.
This one has more graphic violence and not the comic book type violence many action movies have.
It has a Platoon or Saving Private Ryan realism in the conflicts going on in film. Sly actually had to work to keep it an R film.
While it will get it's share of jokes etc, it already has received many good reviews.
Yes I am a big Stallone fan who has watched the previous 3 Rambo movies many many times. I can say I really believe this will be the best Rambo yet and I plan on going friday night and probably back again during the weekend.
Below I will paste a few quotes in a recent interview of Stallone concerning the movie.
The quotes obviously are Sly's answers to the questions asked.

Burma is a dangerous part of the world still torn by civil war. Were you worried about keeping everyone safe?

"There were land mines and we were hearing gunfire all the time. We had to move more than once because there are places where they will just take shots at you. We made friends with the King's bodyguards, so we had ten of them in armored cars outside our hotel 24/7."

This is a startlingly violent film full of murder, torture, rape and mayhem. Why put so much in-your-face blood and gore on the screen?

"What really goes on in Burma is even worse than what you see. I said, 'We shouldn't make this movie if we're going to candy coat it. This can't be like "war light."'

"Life is very cheap over there. You get shot and nobody will ever find you. So I said, 'Let's go all the way. Let's push the violence completely to the point of crossing the line.'"

Was there some resistance to taking it to the limit?

"Not everybody was on board at the beginning. A lot of the stunt guys said, 'You can't do this stuff.' I said, 'We have to.'"

"Believe me, the studio was not jumping up and down about the violence either. I was surprised that we finally got an R-rating."

Were the stunts tougher this time around?

"I weigh about 190 [lbs.] now but during the movie I was about 215. I wanted to kind of look like this forgotten beast, and the extra pounds made the physicality even harder."

"I did everything but one stunt, the one where I'm supposed to jump off the hill during an explosion when a big bomb goes off. I really thought the stunt guy was going to die! I felt bad for him. You will have to look at the 'making of' when the DVD comes to see how many injuries there were during the shooting."

What was it like filming in the jungle?

"We did 29 nights in a row, and the rain hardly ever stopped. It's not that we were afraid of a little bit of rain, it was what comes out after two hours of a downpour in the jungle -- more snakes and vermin and giant centipedes than you can imagine."

"The crew spent half the time in the trees trying to avoid them. It was terrible."

WMR
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Sounds like a great vacation destination.

Highlifeman21
01-22-2008, 10:48 PM

And I so watched Blazing Saddles on AMC tonight.

Deepred05
01-23-2008, 12:42 AM
I am waiting for Rocky vs. Rambo.

RedsBaron
01-23-2008, 06:53 AM
I am very skeptical that Rambo IV will be any good, but I was among those who laughed when I heard that Stallone was making another Rocky film, only to like "Rocky Balboa" when I finally saw it, so who knows?

TeamBoone
01-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I really like Stallone and think he often gets a bum rap as being some kind of dufus (sp?). He's actually a very talented guy, both in front of and behind the camera, not to mention actually writing the scripts. I like that he selects real trouble spots to highlight in his Rambo films. Burma has been in a civil war for 30 years, and it's not getting any better. I'm looking forward to his take.

WMR
01-23-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm a fan of his too, TB.

Rumor going around now is his next remake will be of "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot" only it will take place in North Korea and he and his mom will play covert assassins.

RFS62
01-23-2008, 06:18 PM

Rumor going around now is his next remake will be of "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot" only it will take place in North Korea and he and his mom will play covert assassins.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

jmac
01-23-2008, 07:47 PM

Actually in all seriousness, they are in talks to do a remake of "Deathwish". It is still in the "talks" stage.

January 10, 2008 - Sylvester Stallone, the writer, director and star of the upcoming Rambo, told IGN how he plans to update the main character should he be able to develop a remake of Death Wish. "I'll give you a little hint," Stallone said during a roundtable interview promoting Rambo. "He was a very violent human being, completely violent, an ex convict who walked the walk, was accepted back into society and did everything he could to be a [good person] like these thieves and junkies who now work on the side of the law. They've gone that way, but when something happens he reverts back to that guy."

In November of 2007, MGM chief operating office Rick sands indicated that Stallone was tentatively attached to write, direct and star in a remake of the 1974 film starring Charles Bronson. Stallone did not confirm that he was proceeding with the film, but indicated that he already had an idea how to make the update relevant.

Falls City Beer
01-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I am waiting for Rocky vs. Rambo.

Rocky vs. Rambo vs. Predator vs. Alien

jmac
01-23-2008, 07:54 PM

Dont forget Terminator.

RFS62
01-23-2008, 08:05 PM

Cage match?

GAC
01-23-2008, 08:16 PM

I thought it was going to be called "Lets Throw Rocky From The Train"?

Degenerate39
01-26-2008, 06:05 AM
Awesome movie probably the best Rambo movie of the series. Lots of gore and violence like Rambo should have.

jmac
01-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Awesome movie probably the best Rambo movie of the series. Lots of gore and violence like Rambo should have.

Dont want to say too much for those who havent seen it but :thumbup:
Will add this, it certainly isnt for the young ones. Also, the movie is actually in the ballpark of 1 hour and 20 minutes and it even seems shorter.

Bob Borkowski
01-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Yep, a short one for sure.

IMDb lists the runtime at 93 minutes.

Matt700wlw
01-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Dont forget Terminator.

Rocky vs Rambo vs Alien vs Predator vs Terminator...HELL IN A CELL!!!!

I'm there!!!!

will5979
01-26-2008, 02:10 PM
In the words of the Italian in Eddie Murphy Raw..."This was a great f'n movie!"

I was very skeptical about this and not as excited as I was for Rocky Balboa, but damn did he also pull this one off with flying colors! I would be for another Rambo if he wants to make it, but never another Rocky, that series ended the right way.

Matt700wlw
01-26-2008, 02:13 PM
I may have to shell out 10 bucks to see this bad boy...

Matt700wlw
01-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Yep, a short one for sure.

IMDb lists the runtime at 93 minutes.

Rambo III is the longest, at 102 minutes....

jmac
01-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Below are two recent pics of Sly and wife Jennifer since he finished filming Rambo.
He is 61.
Notice in the one pic,he has had a tattoo of his wife on his right shoulder. Also he has cut his hair since filming ended.

Bip Roberts
01-30-2008, 06:19 PM
The wonders of steroids and HGH

Matt700wlw
01-30-2008, 06:36 PM
It looks like I'll be seeing it Friday!

Bip Roberts
01-30-2008, 06:39 PM
It looks like I'll be seeing it Friday!

Not to get to much into it but I suggest no drinking because you might get sick to your stomach haha.

Matt700wlw
01-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Plus, I'll have to pee during the movie :)

Bip Roberts
01-30-2008, 06:43 PM

Well pass the word on to Mo, everyone knows he likes his beer :cool:

jmac
01-30-2008, 06:51 PM

I did too but I held it. :D
Then I went after movie was over and there was line to just get in the restroom!! Houston I had a problem.
Anyway I plan on going back this weekend.

Matt700wlw
02-02-2008, 01:28 PM
That was sweeeet!!

I could have done without the violence on the kids, but otherwise it was a good time!!

*BaseClogger*
02-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Violence... what violence? That movie was PG-13 tops!

jmac
03-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Just a little update for Rambo fans:

From the Swedish paper "metro" yesterday there was an interview
with Stallone.The last question follows:

Could there be a "Rambo 5"?

-"I would like to take Rambo to another genre,experiment a little
with the character.It would definitly not be another warmovie,
cuz I can't go any further with that than what I've already done.
What it's going to be like I'm not going to reveal at this point.
But I'm already halfway though writing the manuscript".

While I am sure it would be scrutinized by critics, I would like seeing another First Blood type movie which at Sly's age, it would more than likely be.

WMR
03-08-2008, 10:56 PM
RAMBO VERSUS THE SPONGE BATH

:eek:

OldRightHander
03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
RAMBO VERSUS THE SPONGE BATH

:eek:

Rambo hides his own Easter eggs.