PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for a Gift...and Soon!!!

GriffeyFan
01-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Ok guys and galsÖ.I need some help. Iíve procrastinated and now Iím in a bind. I need to come up with an idea for a gift that if possible can be delivered. The catch is that it would have to be delivered tomorrow or Saturday. Without going into great detail, itís for a girl thatís not yet a girlfriend but that could be soon. So, that rules out flowers as that would be too much at this point.

I need something unique or creative. Something that will be funny or bring a smile, etc. etc. It canít be ďtoo muchĒ right now.

Chip R
01-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Lingere? ;)

How about a teddy bear?

BRM
01-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I believe it was Puffy who had the idea of the coupon for a free night of love-making. That was a tremendous gift idea.

cumberlandreds
01-24-2008, 11:44 AM
I believe it was Puffy who had the idea of the coupon for a free night of love-making. That was a tremendous gift idea.

You would have to be careful with that one. She might try to redeem it with someone else. ;)

BRM
01-24-2008, 11:49 AM
You would have to be careful with that one. She might try to redeem it with someone else. ;)

The coupon must be very specific, that's true.

RichRed
01-24-2008, 11:49 AM

Just make sure "NON-TRANSFERABLE" is on there somewhere. It's legally binding then.

BRM
01-24-2008, 11:51 AM
WilyMoRocks' great gift idea is a 30 pack of Natural Light (he's an odd bird). It would be tough to have that delivered but I'm sure it's possible. Combine it with the coupon though and it would make for an interesting night.

klw
01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Further information on the recipient and her interests and whether the gift for a particular occacion would be helpful.

George Anderson
01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
When I got married I gave all my groomsmen a mug with just my smiling face on it. Pretty cool and got a lot of laughs.

Or take her up to Caribbean Cove at the Holiday Inn near the Pyramids. They have a indoor water park thats way cool. If I recall alotta decent bars nearby to .

Highlifeman21
01-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Victoria Secret Gift Card

Spa/Massage Package

Something from Edible Arrangements

Concert tickets for the two of you. Doesn't have to be a show this weekend, but something soon.

Wine Basket from Dilly Deli

durl
01-24-2008, 12:12 PM
It's hard to suggest a gift for someone you've never met. That's why I'll suggest the safe answer: give her a gift related to her interests. The creative and unique part is up to you.

Having a gift delivered gives the impression that you're serious about a girl so just about anything you give might have the same impact as flowers. Just thinking out loud...

WVRed
01-24-2008, 12:30 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Illustrated-Kama-Sutra/dp/0892811382/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201191966&sr=8-2

Just sayin'.

camisadelgolf
01-24-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm bookmarking this thread in preparation for Valentine's Day.

By the way, what kind of budget are you on?

Cyclone792
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Wasn't there a thread similar to this last year?

WVRed
01-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Wasn't there a thread similar to this last year?

Yes there was.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53371

BRM
01-24-2008, 01:24 PM
The absolute best gift ideas were in this thread.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57397&highlight=coupon&page=4

Chip R
01-24-2008, 01:29 PM

Definitely a lot of great ideas in there.

*BaseClogger*
01-24-2008, 01:42 PM
accept all competitors coupons

klw
01-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes there was.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53371

Is this the same woman as the thread from a year ago?

vaticanplum
01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
GriffeyFan, you need to get a puppy. Not for her, for yourself. Too many women in your life, time for a distraction.

Yachtzee
01-24-2008, 02:36 PM

The Timberlake idea is the best. The ladies dig "Schwanz in ein Paket." :cool:

LoganBuck
01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Just take a bottle of wine along. Chicks tend to dig that stuff. It is somewhat cheap, shows how "sophisticated" you are, and with a little luck maybe you can drink it with her. Do a little research about what you are getting and then tell her about it. If you don't think she is the wine type you can always bring along a gift wrapped sixer of PBR.

Roy Tucker
01-24-2008, 02:55 PM
I've been to parties where guy strippers show up as cops. Maybe she'd like that.

Or balloons. Balloons are always good.

pedro
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
chocolate

klw
01-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Just don't do this

http://www.1stoppostershop.com/products/McGaw/celebrities/mg_GeorgeTheTimelessArtOfS.jpg

SunDeck
01-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Live bait. Get her live bait.

Nothing says, "I dig you" like two dozen wax worms.

Unless you're soft handed and overly cosmopolitan, in which case maybe a respectable bottle of Pinot Noir will do it.

pahster
01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Bake her cookies and draw lame/funny pictures on them with icing.

GriffeyFan
01-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Oh my gosh, I had forgot about that one from last year but that was a different girl. Wow, that's funny looking back now considering how that thing turned out. Good memory to whoever remembered that.

Let me answer a few questions....

I have met this girl and I have been out with her a few times but not a ton. In terms of budget, nothing extravagant, probably something no more than $50. It's not set in stone, it would just depend.

I think she would also appreciate something that would make her laugh as well. I was scouring the net and found this in Indy:

Comedy Gags

Customized to “get” that special person in a way they will never forget! We can pretend to be a neurotic patient, a crazy customer, an angry client, or a long lost friend. We will work with you to create a unique gag that is perfect for your honoree.

**Our humor is "squeaky clean" and appropriate for a family audience. We do not provide risque entertainment of any kind.**

But I don't know that I would have time to set it up and haven't called them yet, so I don't know the cost.

pahster
01-24-2008, 04:11 PM
I think that would be going a bit far. It'd also probably cost more than $50.

WVRed
01-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh my gosh, I had forgot about that one from last year but that was a different girl. Wow, that's funny looking back now considering how that thing turned out. Good memory to whoever remembered that.

Let me answer a few questions....

I have met this girl and I have been out with her a few times but not a ton. In terms of budget, nothing extravagant, probably something no more than $50. It's not set in stone, it would just depend.

I think she would also appreciate something that would make her laugh as well. I was scouring the net and found this in Indy:

Comedy Gags

Customized to ďgetĒ that special person in a way they will never forget! We can pretend to be a neurotic patient, a crazy customer, an angry client, or a long lost friend. We will work with you to create a unique gag that is perfect for your honoree.

**Our humor is "squeaky clean" and appropriate for a family audience. We do not provide risque entertainment of any kind.**

But I don't know that I would have time to set it up and haven't called them yet, so I don't know the cost.

Actually, I just typed up Kama Sutra on Redszone and the first thread came up. I remembered the thread, just couldnt remember who started it.

Ltlabner
01-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Comedy Gags

Customized to “get” that special person in a way they will never forget! We can pretend to be a neurotic patient, a crazy customer, an angry client, or a long lost friend. We will work with you to create a unique gag that is perfect for your honoree.

Sorry to be a buzz-kill but giving that as a gift for a "lady-friend" would just plain be creepy.

GriffeyFan
01-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah, the comedy thing was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over $50 plus there's not enough time.

Ltlabner
01-24-2008, 07:07 PM
If it's just a gift to "be nice" why not a gift card to a store she likes. Quick, can be the exact amount you want to give, and then she can get something she actually wants.

It's not exactly romantic, but unless I'm mistaken, romantic isn't the point right now.

Tell her you wanted her to have something nice, something she would enjoy, but you don't know here well enough yet to pick something out. Then tell her you can meet her for dinner or drinks after she gets something to see what she got. wink wink, nod nod.

GriffeyFan
01-24-2008, 07:08 PM
I can't believe that thread from last year went 17 pages. I don't think I gave an update on that but I found out on Christmas Eve 2006 that the reason she got divorced was because she had decided to be a lesbian and was hooking up with a former college roommate. No kidding.

Ltlabner
01-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I can't believe that thread from last year went 17 pages. I don't think I gave an update on that but I found out on Christmas Eve 2006 that the reason she got divorced was because she had decided to be a lesbian and was hooking up with a former college roommate. No kidding.

Perhaps less energy on gifts and more energy on actually getting to know the other person is in order?

Nah....go with the case of MGD and a coupon for full-on rumpy-bumpy.

vaticanplum
01-24-2008, 08:05 PM

Oh yes you did. Still my favorite thread ever.

Yeah, I'm thinking the inscribed cross missed the mark by a wide berth.

:laugh:

nate
01-24-2008, 08:48 PM
I once made dinner for a lady I was interested in. I made:

*Salad with pears, walnuts and balsamic vinegar reduction
*Lamb Osso Bucco
*Risotto
*Pears baked in wine/sugar reduction

That lady is now Mrs. Nate.

OK, any more questions?

George Anderson
01-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Ok guys and galsÖ.I need some help. Iíve procrastinated and now Iím in a bind. I need to come up with an idea for a gift that if possible can be delivered. The catch is that it would have to be delivered tomorrow or Saturday. Without going into great detail, itís for a girl thatís not yet a girlfriend but that could be soon. So, that rules out flowers as that would be too much at this point.

I need something unique or creative. Something that will be funny or bring a smile, etc. etc. It canít be ďtoo muchĒ right now.

This is spooky, did you post the exact same question on the Rivals Indiana board?? If you didn't then someone else is having the same dilema as you are.

Razor Shines
01-25-2008, 01:53 AM
It might be a little pricey but seasons 1-11 of South Park on DVD seems like a fantastic gift to me.

BoydsOfSummer
01-25-2008, 02:23 AM
Show up in a pink bunny suit like Johnny Drama with the case of Natty Light and the wax worms. You should soon have an idea where you stand with the lady.

And if that goes off, please PM me with the details.

BoydsOfSummer
01-25-2008, 02:25 AM
I've been to parties where guy strippers show up as cops. Maybe she'd like that.

Or balloons. Balloons are always good.

Or candlesticks, candlesticks are always nice.

Chip R
01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
It might be a little pricey but seasons 1-11 of South Park on DVD seems like a fantastic gift to me.

For the woman who has everything, eh? ;)

camisadelgolf
01-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Or candlesticks, candlesticks are always nice.

Just be careful how you use them. They bend if they spend a lot of time at body temperature. :redface:

LoganBuck
01-27-2008, 04:08 PM
How did it go this weekend Griffeyfan

klw
03-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Any update?