PDA

View Full Version : Do your kids have any wierd habits?

BUTLER REDSFAN
01-24-2008, 11:12 PM
OK, I know this one is strange but my daughter likes for me to crack her toes(like you would crack your fingers).Everyday at some point here she comes sticking her foot in my face until I pop both feet..NO, I don't know where she gets it from....

SunDeck
01-25-2008, 06:58 AM
Close this thread- there's no topping that one. And if there is, I don't want to read it.

WMR
01-25-2008, 07:02 AM
:lol:

My dad used to do that to my sister to torture her. :lol:

WebScorpion
01-25-2008, 10:09 AM
My 17-year old daughter likes me to stretch her spine. She crosses her arms in front and I lift her by her elbows and her spine makes this popopopopopopopopopopop sound that's like a loud zipper or something. She says it feels great and I'm the only one that can do it because I'm tall enough and strong enough to lift her.

My 7-year old just likes to be close to me...sit on me, climb on my back, sit beside me and lean into me, etc. She sometimes will face me and put her forehead up against mine and just sit there like she's doing some kind of mind-meld or something.

My two-year old just likes to wrestle. She comes flying at me from any angle at any time with no warning. Some day she'll probably hurt me or herself, but that's how you learn. For now, she's having a blast and I'm always gentle with her. I know, not weird, but hey she's got plenty of time to develop her weirdness.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/whacky099.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Dom Heffner
01-25-2008, 10:10 AM
I had a cousin who was obsessed with freckles and moles. If you had one in her sight, she'd take her finger and just touch it for minutes on end. It didn't bother me but it drove her mother crazy. :)

RANDY IN INDY
01-25-2008, 10:45 AM
OK, I know this one is strange but my daughter likes for me to crack her toes(like you would crack your fingers).Everyday at some point here she comes sticking her foot in my face until I pop both feet..NO, I don't know where she gets it from....

My wife does the same thing to my son. He loves it and just sits there and giggles as she does it. It isn't an everyday thing, but he definitely likes it. I don't get it. I just sit and shake my head.

westofyou
01-25-2008, 11:04 AM
My 17-year old daughter likes me to stretch her spine. She crosses her arms in front and I lift her by her elbows and her spine makes this popopopopopopopopopopop sound that's like a loud zipper or something. She says it feels great and I'm the only one that can do it because I'm tall enough and strong enough to lift her.

It does feel great and if I could I'd hire someone to do that to me everyday.

15fan
01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
it has subsided recently, but for about 2.5 years, my 4 year-old couldn't go to bed at night until we got her an ice pack (one of those squishy blue kinds) out of the freezer.

Yachtzee
01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
It does feel great and if I could I'd hire someone to do that to me everyday.

I do like that, but nobody has been able to do that for me since high school.

ochre
01-25-2008, 01:23 PM
My six year old has discovered Ninja Warrior (it's on G4 here). He spends all day spider walking up and down the walls in our hallway. It's pretty funny. "Watch dad; I'm Yamamoto".

Strikes Out Looking
01-25-2008, 01:30 PM
The question should really be "do your children have any habits that aren't weird?"

Highlifeman21
01-25-2008, 01:39 PM

My 7-year old just likes to be close to me...sit on me, climb on my back, sit beside me and lean into me, etc. She sometimes will face me and put her forehead up against mine and just sit there like she's doing some kind of mind-meld or something.

My two-year old just likes to wrestle. She comes flying at me from any angle at any time with no warning. Some day she'll probably hurt me or herself, but that's how you learn. For now, she's having a blast and I'm always gentle with her. I know, not weird, but hey she's got plenty of time to develop her weirdness.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/whacky099.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

So there's only 1 male in the household with assumingly 4 females?

My condolences.

Sounds like some eccentric girls, though.

Highlifeman21
01-25-2008, 01:46 PM
My niece (since I don't have any kids, yet, or that I know of?) goes through fads like crazy.

It was within the last 3 years that Bratz were the big thing, so on her xmas list was all kinda Bratz stuff. So, I went off in search of said Bratz on her list, only to be told at xmas when she opened them "You got me Bratz?! Those are sooooo last year."

She's done this a couple times with trendy stuff, where she wants it, and then once she gets it, will always drop the "that's soooooooo last year".

I fear she'll never be able to make up her mind for herself.

Maybe this post should be in the "things that drive you crazy thread", since it absolutely drives me up a wall everytime she says "that's soooooooo last year".

Ltlabner
01-25-2008, 01:55 PM
My niece (since I don't have any kids, yet, or that I know of?) goes through fads like crazy.

It was within the last 3 years that Bratz were the big thing, so on her xmas list was all kinda Bratz stuff. So, I went off in search of said Bratz on her list, only to be told at xmas when she opened them "You got me Bratz?! Those are sooooo last year."

She's done this a couple times with trendy stuff, where she wants it, and then once she gets it, will always drop the "that's soooooooo last year".

I fear she'll never be able to make up her mind for herself.

Maybe this post should be in the "things that drive you crazy thread", since it absolutely drives me up a wall everytime she says "that's soooooooo last year".

Don't get her anything next year. When she asks why tell her Christmas is "sooooooooo last year".

Highlifeman21
01-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Don't get her anything next year. When she asks why tell her Christmas is "sooooooooo last year".

I like it.

In fact, I love it.

GAC
01-26-2008, 08:34 AM
My two boys love to sit on the toilet for lonnnnnnng periods of time. What they are doing in there I have no idea, and I'm afraid to ask. I did ask my 12 yr old once and his response is "I have problems OK?" :lol:

Yachtzee
01-26-2008, 12:52 PM
My two boys love to sit on the toilet for lonnnnnnng periods of time. What they are doing in there I have no idea, and I'm afraid to ask. I did ask my 12 yr old once and his response is "I have problems OK?" :lol:

If that's what he's calling it, maybe you should buy him a jar of metamucil. :)

Ltlabner
01-26-2008, 05:35 PM
I did ask my 12 yr old once and his response is "I have problems OK?" :lol:

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? :confused:

GAC
01-26-2008, 10:56 PM
I think they're still "master of their domain" - no glamour mags in this house. They take nothing in the bathroom with them (other then their imagination). Maybe it's the seductive wallpaper? :lol:

Jpup
01-27-2008, 03:39 AM

my g/f does the same thing when she's laying on the couch. It's my fault since I did it once and now she expects it. :lol:

M2
01-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Since my son cut his teeth, we haven't had to clip his toenails, not once. He's 10.

HumnHilghtFreel
01-27-2008, 12:12 PM
One of my nephews(I have 6 of them and no longer want children of my own :laugh: ) used to bite at the tips of his fingers. To the point that he would break the skin and have to put bandaids on all his fingers. Not really sure what he got out of it, but it was a thing he went through for a few months.

redhawkfish
01-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Since my son cut his teeth, we haven't had to clip his toenails, not once. He's 10.

Thats great!:D Thanks for making me laugh!

WebScorpion
01-28-2008, 04:08 PM
So there's only 1 male in the household with assumingly 4 females?

My condolences.

Sounds like some eccentric girls, though.

People who know me say God didn't give me any boys because he knew I'd kill them. The girls know better than to challenge my authority. ;)

GAC
01-28-2008, 09:19 PM
People who know me say God didn't give me any boys because he knew I'd kill them. The girls know better than to challenge my authority. ;)

None of them are teenagers yet? :p:

I've got two boys and a girl. The girl is the middle child, and the worst of the lot. The boys take after their Mother. The girl after her Dad.

My Mom always use to say to me growing up - I call it a Mother's Curse - "I hope when you grown up you have three boys as honery as you are!"

My daughter challenges my authority when I'm asleep (3rd shifter) by leaving me notes. :lol:

Roy Tucker
01-29-2008, 09:43 AM
My daughter challenges my authority when I'm asleep (3rd shifter) by leaving me notes. :lol:

I sometime get emails from my children in lieu of face-to-face discussions. Particularly when there is news they need to break to me and it isn't good.

That way, they miss the initial explosion of rage. But they do get the meat grinder of Dad having had some time to think about it all and frame up the grand inquisition.

traderumor
01-29-2008, 01:56 PM
My 11 year-old son used to get ice cubes and sit them on a stand or the floor next to where he was sitting until I put a stop to it. Never mind the melting phenomenon and the germs he is picking up...I persuaded him to use a glass in the future after I noticed it.

This same kid does not put milk on cereal but still eats it with a spoon.

pedro
01-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I don't have kids, but I ate spaghetti with cold sauce when I was kid.

TeamCasey
01-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I don't have kids, but I ate spaghetti with cold sauce when I was kid.

I like dipping a Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich in orange juice.

I think we were out of milk a lot in our house.

AccordinglyReds
01-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I sometime get emails from my children in lieu of face-to-face discussions. Particularly when there is news they need to break to me and it isn't good.

That way, they miss the initial explosion of rage. But they do get the meat grinder of Dad having had some time to think about it all and frame up the grand inquisition.

LOL. My parents would have been pissed if I ever did that.

GAC
01-29-2008, 08:27 PM
My oldest boy, who is now 19, use to have a huge hangup with fire extinguishers. When he was just 3 yrs old he could tell you all the different brands and the different classifications of fires they were used on. We kept one in the cabinet under the sink, and we'd find him sitting on the floor holding the extinguisher, like it was a teddy bear or something. Whenever we went to any of the local stores he knew where every fire extinguisher was located and what type it was for. And whenever he went to the grandparents he'd grab their FE and carry it around. It had my Dad shaking his head sometimes, but he finally got use to it and even took him to the local fire marshall's house (who was a friend), and my son was in 7th heaven.

As an infant he also was enthralled/mesmerized with ceiling fans.

I blamed this on my wife's genes. Nothing like this in my family. ;)

Raisor
01-29-2008, 08:30 PM
I like dipping a Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich in orange juice.

I think we were out of milk a lot in our house.

I like the word "vomit". I think it's a great word. I'm going to use it now:

That story wants to make me vomit.

GAC
01-29-2008, 09:07 PM
I like lunch meat sandwiches with cheese, peanut butter, and potato chips on them.

RANDY IN INDY
01-30-2008, 07:43 AM
LOL. My parents would have been pissed if I ever did that.

That's the general idea behind it.;)

Chip R
01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
I like the word "vomit". I think it's a great word. I'm going to use it now:

That story wants to make me vomit.

"Ladies are unwell, Stone. Gentlemen vomit"

http://www.cornerhouse.org/pictures/_ac-100-100/film/2301/My%20Favorite%20Year%20-%20Peter%20O'Toole%208.jpg