PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Caravan Stop...any 'Zoners going??

redsfan1966
01-26-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm straddling the fence about making the trek to Louisville (from C-Bus) to the Caravan stop at the Slugger Museum on 1/27....me and the missus made the Northern/Southern Leg (Columbus/Huntington) combo last year and enjoyed it--but dont know if the extra distance is worth the trek. I do want to see the museum; but dont know if I'm up for doing a one day roadie....I guess the chance to win Opening Day Tix is a plus--but just wanted to see who else may make the stop and also--how many 'Zoners do the Northern/Southern combo???

AccordinglyReds
01-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm from Louisville, but in Lexington right now, but since I don't want to go to the Caravan at the crowded mall in Lex.....I may go home today so I can go tomorrow at the Museum. I didn't go to the Louisville one last year, only the Lex one, but I'm sure it should be fine. I bought a MLB baseball already so might as well get some use for it. :)

redsfan1966
01-26-2008, 12:06 PM
just thought of something....me and Wheels spoke on this Thursday nite at the Caravan...this topic comes up from time to time about where Zoners may be...but how can we know who may be a fellow Zoner??? I guess if anyone wants to specify about what they maybe wearing feel free (of course, I still dont know if I am going yet:rolleyes:)

AccordinglyReds
01-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Sorry I forgot to check this thread before I left, but anyway.....

I got there a bit before 1pm, and it was packed. My dad and I walked in and in the main lobby there was a long line. So we figured this was the line to get into the Q&A session or something (since they usually do autographs last.)

Well, by word of mouth, we found out this line (mind you in the main lobby where you get tickets for the Museum) was only for Dusty Baker. What the heck is going on? So my dad stayed in that line while I wandered off to find Jay Bruce and Freel. First I found Thom and Brantley in the 'Camden Yards' area signing autographs by themselves. Went a bit further past the fan shop....there's a big line there, too, for Bruce and Freel. Well, well.

So while my dad stood in line for Bruce and Freel, I went over to Thom and Brantley's booth to get their autographs (felt kind of weird since I saw them but two weekends ago lol). Then got Bruce's and Freel's, and left because the line for Dusty Baker was the LONGEST.

I think they just decided to skip the Q&A due to the crowd size, but there were NO announcements, and NO indication that they would all have seperate booths scattered around. I got there around 12:50pm, and was out by 2:10pm. If we had any clue as to what was going on, we would've left earlier...It was insane and kind of sad the way it happened, but overall I got what I wanted, and can understand the skipping of Q&A, but I only wish there was a notification of some sort.

redsfan1966
01-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks accordingly---I did not make the trek---responsibilities and middle age creeping in--but it sounds like I missed a possible disappointing situation. Obviously the format was changed to accomodate the museum, I'm used to the "buffet" style--attendees lineup and go past tables with all signing....and the elimination of Q and A was disappointing...definitely not sounding like worth a 7 hour round trip...