PDA

View Full Version : The Upton Bros. or Jay Bruce..

SoTxRedsFan
01-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Was reading a Keith Law chat this morning regarding the Upton brothers, and Jay Bruce is mentioned a few times. Law rates both brothers ahead of Jay. My question to you guys is if you would trade Jay straight up for either of those guys.

here's the link..

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=18900

camisadelgolf
01-27-2008, 12:22 PM
I think the Uptons may possibly have more abilities than Bruce, but I'd still rather have Bruce. I think durability will be big concerns with the Uptons while Jay Bruce was made to play baseball in almost every sense of the word.

Dracodave
01-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Did BJ learn how to defend? I dont think either Upton will have career that Bruce will have, while I do believe they will be solid major leaguers.
Forgot who I was talking about haha..

AmarilloRed
01-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Matt Law has a history of denigrating the Reds organization and players, and this was one more example of it. He clearly did not believe Bruce was the best young prospect in the minors, or even the best outfield prospect. He not only claimed the Uptons were better than Bruce, but that Matt Kemp of the Dodgers was better. I don't think I would trade any of the three for Jay Bruce. I will concede that Law had a point when he suggested Bruce might only OBP .340 at the major league level. Some more time at AAA might help Bruce be a better hitter.

Dracodave
01-27-2008, 01:24 PM
. I don't think I would trade any of the three for Jay Bruce. I will concede that Law had a point when he suggested Bruce might only OBP .340 at the major league level. Some more time at AAA might help Bruce be a better hitter.

I trade Bruce for all three and call it a day though, as much as I like Bruce..wait..who am I kidding.. Keep'em..we'll keep Bruce.

jojo
01-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Matt Law has a history of denigrating the Reds organization and players

Is Matt Law Keith's brother?

Highlifeman21
01-27-2008, 01:48 PM

He's a cousin.

AmarilloRed
01-27-2008, 01:50 PM

I mis-typed that. I did mean Keith Law.

Superdude
01-27-2008, 02:01 PM
I think Kieth Law wakes up every morning thinking of new ways to piss off Redszone. Calling Harang a #4 starter was probably more ridiculous, but hating on "The Boss" is way out of line.

dougdirt
01-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Keith Law also thinks Mike Moustakas (2007s #2 overall draft pick and Jim Callis' #6 overall prospect in the minor leagues) isn't one of the 10 best prospects from the 2007 draft. Anything Keith Law says automatically makes me think the exact opposite is true.

blumj
01-28-2008, 03:06 PM
I think Kieth Law wakes up every morning thinking of new ways to piss off Redszone. Calling Harang a #4 starter was probably more ridiculous, but hating on "The Boss" is way out of line.

It's not just Reds players or any particular team's players, he pisses off everyone. A year ago, I heard him on a Boston radio show talking about how Josh Beckett was already too old to ever live up to his potential and ridiculing the choice of Dustin Pedroia as the Red Sox starting 2B. Yes, he was actually making fun of a 23 year old rookie on the radio.