PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com article about Reds Prospects ** Good Read **

Grounds_Crew
01-28-2008, 04:19 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080127&content_id=2356964&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

....several teams have got a remarkably strong "big three," or even "fabulous four," when it comes to potential early-odds Rookie of the Year candidates who could help propel a shot at sticking around in October.
Of that group, the one that could make the biggest strides might be the Cincinnati Reds, who compete in an up-for-grabs NL Central.

Grounds_Crew
01-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Wow...not one reply.

Bip Roberts
01-28-2008, 11:45 PM
I must have missed this thread, surprising because I post a lot but yea great stuff to hear.

*BaseClogger*
01-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Wow...not one reply.

my bad, it got lost in the sea of "moving spring training to AZ sucks" and "lets relive old stuff and tape them to our eight-tracks" or whatever threads... Nice article! :thumbup:

gedred69
01-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Been away for a couple days. It's the story of what we are all hoping for. Expect 3 of the big 4 in Cincy 3/31. Votto and Bailey are locks (barring disastrous ST), and if Bruce shows in ST, he could well start CF, or at least be like Hamilton last year, too good to sit, gotta' find a way to play him. An earlier article by a national writer alluded to Bruce's combination of talent, class, focus, and drive, saying he should roam the Cincy OF for years to come. Only comparison he could come up with was Larry Walker. I'll take that....

ChatterRed
01-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Well, looks like with Bedard going to the Mariners, it is unlikely the Reds will make anymore trades unless some team comes in late looking to dump salary for a fair return.

I don't mind not trading these guys, but I'd sure like to see what they can do in the majors, not the minors.

namichael
01-30-2008, 09:40 AM
I don't mind not trading these guys, but I'd sure like to see what they can do in the majors, not the minors.

I agree. I think if they all make a decent adjustment to the majors, this team will be contenders if not this year, then definately next year.

I'm an optimist so I'm pulling for a strong run at the central this year.