PDA

View Full Version : Songs you wish you never heard

klw
01-31-2008, 11:52 AM
"Heat is on" stuck in my head again this morning for the 3426th time due to adjusting the thermostat on a chilly morning. Darn that Glen Frey, I curse you Axel Foley.

The "Heat is on" curse even trumps the 4 month period my first year of law school when I lived in a house with about ten people. I got "Copacabana" in my head somehow and the it went around the house for months as we reinfected each other like pink eye going around a college dorm. At least that song has Rico, diamonds, and a feather in her hair.

I curse you Axl Foley, I curse you Barry. I plague on your houses.

Hap
01-31-2008, 12:15 PM
MMMBop (Hanson)

Don't Take The Girl (Tim McGraw)

Baby I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley (Will To Power)

You Are So Beautiful (Joe Cocker)

Angel Eyes (The Jeff Healey Band)

redhawkfish
01-31-2008, 12:17 PM
My Heart Will Go On! Celine Dion from Titanic. UGH!!:thumbdown

pedro
01-31-2008, 12:18 PM
History of Rock part 1 by Garry Glitter

mole44
01-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Anything by Lou Bega
Who Let the Dogs Out
Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold, god I hated that song in Madden

sonny
01-31-2008, 12:30 PM
The Macarena.

westofyou
01-31-2008, 12:48 PM
Anything by Bad Company

pedro
01-31-2008, 12:53 PM
"hard to handle" by the black crowes

Roy Tucker
01-31-2008, 01:00 PM
It's a Small World

RichRed
01-31-2008, 01:29 PM
"I Can't Dance" by Genesis

Boston Red
01-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Anything by the Wiggles.

BuckU
01-31-2008, 01:36 PM
You're Beautiful - James Blunt :barf:

MrCinatit
01-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Jem's version of Maybe I'm Amazed. An originally passionate sound in which she sounds like she is reading from the menu. Yet, I can't get it out of my head.

Da Da Da by Trio. I know there are other words in the song, but the only ones I can't get out of my head are "da da da."

Wake Me Up When You Go Go by Wham! I loath those dark days of my life.

Sometimes, not being able to get a song out of my head is a good thing. I could not get Can't Get It Out Of My Head by ELO out of my head for months...it haunted me to such an extent, I got a pretty darned good story idea out of it.

Sean_CaseyRules
01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stifani (SP?)
Wind It Up - Gwen Stifani (SP??)

Reds Fanatic
01-31-2008, 01:53 PM
"We Built This City" by Jefferson Starship. One of the worst songs ever recorded.

Redhook
01-31-2008, 01:56 PM
"I saw the sign." - Ace of Base

Just awful. Now my head hurts thinking about that stupid song.

Joseph
01-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Anything by Britney Spears.

Highlifeman21
01-31-2008, 02:00 PM
"We Built This City" by Jefferson Starship. One of the best songs ever recorded.

Fixed that for ya.

Great tune.

Quite catchy.

pedro
01-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Fixed that for ya.

Great tune.

Quite catchy.

wow.

let's just agree to never talk about music to each other.

m'kay?

Patrick Bateman
01-31-2008, 02:30 PM
wow.

let's just agree to never talk about music to each other.

m'kay?

Agreed. I didn't know anyone that liked that song. I thought it was like 'the' prime example for awful songs. You know, the type that makes the enitire world unite for the sole purpose of lambasting it.

I guess I was wrong.

redsfanmia
01-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Any Rolling Stones song.

Roy Tucker
01-31-2008, 02:52 PM
"We Built This City" by Jefferson Starship. One of the worst songs ever recorded.

Grace Slick agrees...

http://www.panoramamagazine.com/panoramamagazine/five_questions/grace%20slick.aspx

KronoRed
01-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Any Rolling Stones song.

Darn, I was going to say that :lol:

HotCorner
01-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Ice Ice Baby.

http://www.burningman.com/environment/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/vanilla_ice.jpg

Word to your motha Robbie! ;)

pedro
01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Any Rolling Stones song.

maybe we shouldn't talk about music either.

But I certainly could do without ever hearing a large part of led Zeppelins catalog ever again and I'm sure some here would consider that blasphemous.

guttle11
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
*angrily adds Hot Corner to the list*

Any Fallout Boy song.

*BaseClogger*
01-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stifani (SP?)
Wind It Up - Gwen Stifani (SP??)

ditto

RichRed
01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
"Take My Breath Away" - Berlin

Or anything on the Top Gun soundtrack, for that matter.

Yachtzee
01-31-2008, 05:03 PM

I agree. "The Final Countdown" is also right up there. The only time I find it remotely entertaining is when it is paired with a magic performance by the inimitable GOB Bluth.

westofyou
01-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Once back in the day I was driving down Mission in San Francisco and Paul Kantner ran across the street in front of my car with his guitar slung over his shoulder.

Just think.... I could have shaped the course of history.

Yachtzee
01-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Let me add a few:

Anything by Celine Dion
"Butterfly Kisses" by some annoying jerkwad. I don't know his name because I turn the station too quickly to find out.
"God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood. Don't get me wrong. I love the USA, but I hate that song. As far as patriotic songs go, I prefer "America the Beautiful."

pedro
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

Yachtzee
01-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Once back in the day I was driving down Mission in San Francisco and Paul Kantner ran across the street in front of my car with his guitar slung over his shoulder.

Just think.... I could have shaped the course of history.

Of course, you can't blame him for "We Built This City." He left and took his Jefferson with him at that point. Looks like Elton John's buddy Bernie Taupin and former J. Geils frontman Peter Wolf were the perpetrators of that crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Built_This_City

pedro
01-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Of course, you can't blame him for "We Built This City." He left and took his Jefferson with him at that point. Looks like Elton John's buddy Bernie Taupin and former J. Geils frontman Peter Wolf were the perpetrators of that crime.

we're knee deep in the hoopla now.

gm
01-31-2008, 05:26 PM
"Love will keep us together" "Muskrat Love" (anything by the Captain and Tennile)

westofyou
01-31-2008, 05:31 PM

I had to see it live once... he was there.

That's enough for me.

Bernie and Wolf should be ashamed of themselves, but House Party and Your Sister Can't Twist will let me give them both a pass.

That song has all the makings of being written for nothing more then getting money for more blow.

TC81190
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
"I Love Rock and Roll"

redsfanmia
01-31-2008, 05:40 PM

But I certainly could do without ever hearing a large part of led Zeppelins catalog ever again and I'm sure some here would consider that blasphemous.

I agree with you on Zepplin. I just think the Stones are overrated.

redsfanmia
01-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Most songs by the Eagles as well.

redsfanmia
01-31-2008, 05:43 PM

I am a huge Neil Young fan so I think we could talk about music.

pedro
01-31-2008, 05:56 PM

word up on that.

nate
01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Wake Me Up When You Go Go by Wham! I loath those dark days of my life.

In college, my roommate and I would launch "sneak attacks" on each other by singing either that song or Adam Ant's "Goody Two Shoes" causing either song to become hopelessly stuck one's head.

It was kind of a suicide mission because the attacker often ended up in the same state.

westofyou
01-31-2008, 06:01 PM

Neil views the world of music in two veins... one's being The Stones (That's him and Crazy Horse) the Other is being a Beatle (That's Harvest, Comes a Time and Harvest Moon)

Hence why my favorite Neil album is Rust Never Sleeps, because it's one side of each.

nate
01-31-2008, 06:04 PM

That wasn't Peter Wolf from J Giles. That was the Peter Wolf who used to play keyboards with Zappa.

Tidbit: I used to jam with Peter Wolf from J Giles when I lived in Boston. He's a fun dude to play with.

harangatang
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Crank Dat - Soulja Boy Tell 'Em

Yachtzee
01-31-2008, 06:26 PM
That wasn't Peter Wolf from J Giles. That was the Peter Wolf who used to play keyboards with Zappa.

Tidbit: I used to jam with Peter Wolf from J Giles when I lived in Boston. He's a fun dude to play with.

Oops. The link to Peter Wolf from the "Knee Deep in the Hoopla" wiki goes to the J. Geils Peter Wolf. I apologize for the confusion. Peter Wolf from J. Geils has been redeemed.

GoReds33
01-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Waiting on the World to Change - John Mayer

Let it Be - The Beatles

Livin on a Prayer - Bon Jovi... Every time I'm watching basketball and a shot bounces out that I thought was going in, I hear this song in my head.

GAC
01-31-2008, 07:27 PM
A couple Police songs......

Da Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Roxeanne

Also....

Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin - Journey

Babe - Styx

Brand New Key - Melanie

Cocaine - Clapton

In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins

Who Can It Be Now? - Men at Work

We Got The Beat and Vacation - Go Gos

klw
01-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Tom Cochrane's Life is a Highway

I don't know if I would have liked the song if it hadn't been played every 5 minutes for 4 months when it came out but regretfully I was not living on an iceflow in the Artic when it was released.

redsfan1966
01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm going to approach this from the aspect of not getting a song out of my head---

please help me get this out of my brain---"Under my umberella--ella---ella--ella---ella"

Dammit Rihanna, youre beautiful, but your song is driving me insane....

jimbo
01-31-2008, 07:41 PM
"Party All The Time" by Eddie Murphy. Uggghhhh, so glad the 80s had so much more to offer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/jimbodude/Eddie-Murphy-Party-All-The-Tim-2938.jpg

MrCinatit
01-31-2008, 08:11 PM
REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore.

So...anyone else watching Lost?

Hap
01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
http://cover6.cduniverse.com/MuzeAudioArt/300/301356.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/3/35/CookieLP.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002Y7V.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/Another_one_bites_the_dust.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1e/You_Are_Not_Alone.jpg

GAC
01-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen

SunDeck
01-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Crash into me- Dave Matthews. It makes my skin crawl.

MacArthur Park. Worst. Song. Ever.

Danger Zone. I know we've already damned the whole Top Gun soundtrack, but that one in particular needs a special notation in the annals of awful music.

CrackerJack
01-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Like A Rock and This Is Our Country, for obvious reasons. I hate them both. Stop.

pedro
01-31-2008, 10:03 PM
I have that Jim Nabors album.

Really.

SandyD
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
Feelings

NoCalRed
01-31-2008, 10:16 PM
"hard to handle" by the black crowes

Hahahaha you had to mention that. While I agree I wish I never heard it, but it did give me a funny flash back to when this song first came out. I used to work with a guy who had a southern accent and sounded just like the lead singer for the black crows.

We always tried to get him to say

"Hey little thing let me light your candle
cause mama Im sure hard to handle, now,
Gets around"

But he never would, wonder why? lol

On a related not he also looked like jughead jones from the archie comics. I even went so far as to find an old sailors dixie cup hat, dye it brown and cut little triangles out of it, but he never wore that either. I think he was glad to get out of there. :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/be/Jugheadjns.gif

pedro
01-31-2008, 10:31 PM
On a related not he also looked like jughead jones from the archie comics.

I love that sentence.

BoydsOfSummer
01-31-2008, 11:46 PM
I can't believe we've gone 60 posts without mention of "Grandma got run over by a reindeer".

Edskin
02-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Not sure if this counts, BUT....I've seen this show at an OU basketball game last year and just when I thought the song was out of my head, she came back last week with the same song...maybe next year I'll be able to forget it for good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIECdLtVTwA

Edskin
02-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Most songs by the Eagles as well.

Ditto. You, me, and Jeff Lebowski = Hate the _______ Eagles Man!

MrCinatit
02-01-2008, 09:13 AM
MacArthur Park. Worst. Song. Ever.

A friend of mine and I once got into an argument about the lyrics to that song.
He thought there was no way a song could have lyrics as dumb as "Someone left the cake out in the rain...I don't think that I can take it, because it took so long to bake it, and I'll never have that recipe again."
When I played the song, he was floored.

BTW, I typed those lyrics without looking them up. That should be suffice to scare everyone.

Chip R
02-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I have that Jim Nabors album.

Really.

You don't have to convince us. ;)

Dom Heffner
02-01-2008, 09:58 AM

You guys can't hide your lyin' eyes, man.

Jerry Narron
02-01-2008, 05:46 PM
The Electric Avenue song was pretty bad.

Degenerate39
02-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure what it's called but it's always on TV. I'm thinking the title is "Feel The Rain On Your Skin". That song is so annoying. I heard it at the mall today and it's still stuck in my head.

cincinnati chili
02-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen

Great song on a great album as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't thought of any song worse than "We Built this City."

Dom Heffner
02-02-2008, 04:07 PM
"Get Outta My dreams (Get into my car) - Billy Ocean

I loathe that song.

Yachtzee
02-02-2008, 04:29 PM
"Get Outta My dreams (Get into my car) - Billy Ocean

I loathe that song.

Just made me think of "Jump in my Car" by David Hasselhoff. "Looking for Freedom" was tremendously bad too.

KittyDuran
02-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Afternoon Delight
Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
Mill Valley
Aqualung
Rikki, Don't Lose that Number
I'm Still Standing

And as much as I :luvu: The Beatles, I would have to say the albums past Sgt. Pepper are :thumbdown (and some on Pepper's are :p: as well). Of course, it was probably first impressions (I was still in grade school when I first heard them) but I have the albums and they are still hard on my ears.

pedro
02-02-2008, 04:38 PM
"Rikki, Don't Lose that Number"

blasphemy! ;)

Dom Heffner
02-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Just made me think of "Jump in my Car" by David Hasselhoff. "Looking for Freedom" was tremendously bad too.

Spend a lot of time in Germany, did you, Yachtzee?

namichael
02-02-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm a disc jockey at an adult contemporary radio station and the three songs that I absolutely refuse to play are

She's like the wind - Patrick Swayze
All I need - Jack Wagner
Let her in - John Travolta

These are three prime reasons why actors shouldn't try to make it in the music industry.

pedro
02-02-2008, 06:05 PM
"makin it" by david naughton

anything by kc and the sunshine band

redsfanmia
02-02-2008, 06:21 PM
And as much as I :luvu: The Beatles, I would have to say the albums past Sgt. Pepper are :thumbdown (and some on Pepper's are :p: as well).

Thats funny because I feel that way about Sgt Pepper, I just cant stand the overproduction, I like some of the songs but I cant remember the last time I put that disc in and listened to it.

cincinnati chili
02-02-2008, 08:43 PM
And as much as I :luvu: The Beatles, I would have to say the albums past Sgt. Pepper are :thumbdown (and some on Pepper's are :p: as well). Of course, it was probably first impressions (I was still in grade school when I first heard them) but I have the albums and they are still hard on my ears.

Ahhh!

Kitty, you're going to lose your unofficial position as the voice of reason here. Abbey Road and the White Album both came after Sgt. Pepper's. About half of their 20 bests songs come from those records, IMO.

I agree that Magical Mystery tour was pretty bad, but I think most of the stuff from Sgt. Peppers and after is why we remember them as great songwriters rather than just a cultural sensation and flash-in-the-pan.

Chip R
02-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Afternoon Delight

Hated that song till it was in Anchorman. :lol: An Aqualung reference in there too.

marcshoe
02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Personally, I love overproduction. But then, I grew up as a huge ELO fan.

My choice would be "Jessie" by Carly Simon. Nothing against the song itself, but I once hit a bus head-on while the song was playing. If I had never heard it, then perhaps I would have never hit the bus.

Okay, so that's not real solid logic....

namichael
02-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Ahhh!

Kitty, you're going to lose your unofficial position as the voice of reason here. Abbey Road and the White Album both came after Sgt. Pepper's. About half of their 20 bests songs come from those records, IMO.

I agree that Magical Mystery tour was pretty bad, but I think most of the stuff from Sgt. Peppers and after is why we remember them as great songwriters rather than just a cultural sensation and flash-in-the-pan.

You've hit the nail on the head. They ceased being the mop tops when they began recording Revolver. Fortunately, they had grown weary of the touring and not being able to hear themselves play. This is when they started developing into artist and true musicians. Yes, Magical Mystery Tour was campy. But listen to Strawberry Fields Forever and I am the Walrus. These songs were not written or produced by your run of the mill sixties band or producers. And to comment on the overproduction comment of Sgt. Pepper's, most people that comment on the "overproduction" are generally talking about the very poor mastering of the cd versions of the Beatles albums. In the mid to late 80s when the Beatles catalogue was released on cd, they were remastered. The problem with this is they were remastered by people with "80s" ears. Giving them a very hollow and overly clean sound. The cd versions lack the depth and dimension of the vinyl versions. But don't fear, rumor has it that when the Beatles songs get released on the digital market they are going to be re-remastered (hopefully by George Martin) to get them back to the way that they are supposed to sound.

Then again, some people who don't like the post mop top, generally just couldn't past the fact that the Beatles grew up. Emotionally and Musically.

KittyDuran
02-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Ahhh!

I agree that Magical Mystery tour was pretty bad, but I think most of the stuff from Sgt. Peppers and after is why we remember them as great songwriters rather than just a cultural sensation and flash-in-the-pan.It was pretty much first impression that still sticks in my head... as a grade schooler I wasn't that deep in my thoughts.

Then again, some people who don't like the post mop top, generally just couldn't past the fact that the Beatles grew up. Emotionally and Musically. Maybe true... but maybe they grew up too fast for me to catch up (until they were no more). Pepper's was a true "conceptional" album where no one song could stand out (though they did have multiple singles released) and it was better to view the album as a whole idea than just tracks on vinyl. Skipping Magical Mystery Tour :thumbdown - The White Album seemed to be 4 individual albums and pretty much the end of the Beatles as a group... (George released Wonderwall during this time IIRC). Skipping Yellow Submarine (like MMT just a soundtrack)... Abbey Road and Let It Be were nails in the coffin - the lads were immersed in solo careers and lives.

Favorite tunes from Post Revolver albums are:
A Day in the Life
Lady Madonna
Back in the USSR
She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
The Long and Winding Road
Get Back

Cheers!:beerme:

westofyou
02-03-2008, 10:00 AM
I agree that Magical Mystery tour was pretty bad,

Bite your tongue, any TV show toss off album THAT good is a blessing, not something that could ever be termed as "Bad". Especially considering the deluge of faux psychedelic crap that was flooding the market at that point.

GoReds
02-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Didn't mind the music of Duran Duran, but the lyrics sucked something fierce.

Anyone remember how badly they overplayed "You Light Up My Life" by Debbie Boone back in the late 70's?

vaticanplum
02-03-2008, 08:35 PM
While I have not heard every song on this thread, I challenge any one of you to cling to your own entries after hearing mine, which I have "kindly" uploaded for you all to hear.

A bit of background is in order. A friend of mine had a brother die in the World Trade Center. My friend started a foundation and became kind of a voice for victims' families in the New York/New Jersey area. As a result, he became the recipient of many heartfelt letters, homemade momentos, and, occasionally...pieces of art.

While none of the songs were exactly top 40 material, there was one that became an unofficial theme song among my friends and me for quite a long time. Four of us lived together in an apartment at the time, and we seriously played this song about every day for two months and shrieked until we cried. I genuinely appreciate the effort someone took to make this and no doubt well-meaning thoughts and sentiment that are behind it, but...well, hear for yourself:

http://download.yousendit.com/6B3A6B517937A83E

I think I win the thread.

WebScorpion
02-05-2008, 11:04 AM
That was really horrible VP, and I do wish I'd never heard it but it does not stick in my head which would make me REALLY wish I'd never heard it. IMO Roy nailed this one early on.

It's a Small World
Granted, many of the other songs are horrible as well, but none of them make me wish they didn't exist like that song. It's like it has a life of its own in my head, placed there in my youth on some unerasable but easily accessible piece of grey matter. AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAaaaaaaaUUUUUUUUGGGGHH!!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angry021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

gonelong
02-05-2008, 11:27 AM
we're knee deep in the hoopla now.

If you ever have the good fortune to play poker with me, you'll hear me yell that 3 or 4 times a night.

GL

durl
02-05-2008, 11:59 AM
You Take My Breath Away - Rex Smith
Easy - Commodores
Sad Songs Say So Much - Elton John
Right Stuff - New Kids On The Block

Anything by Bjork, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Britney Spears. I could go on but it's almost lunch time.

M2
02-05-2008, 01:56 PM
anything by kc and the sunshine band

I find it difficult to come down hard on anyone who employs a full horn section. Even if it's not your cup of tea, there's at least musicians at work.

BTW, "Hard to Handle" is originally an Otis Redding tune (which, not surprisingly, he did better than the Black Crowes). The bluesman braggadoccio doesn't work as well with a bunch of skinny white kids, but it's still a good an awfully good place to go looking for a cover.

Anyway, since I worry that music has become increasingly sexless, I can't take KC or the Crowes to task overly much.

westofyou
02-05-2008, 02:01 PM
BTW, "Hard to Handle" is originally an Otis Redding tune (which, not surprisingly, he did better than the Black Crowes). The bluesman braggadoccio doesn't work as well with a bunch of skinny white kids, but it's still a good an awfully good place to go looking for a cover.

Yeah and the Dead would do a 30 minute version of it throughout the Pig Pen era.

The guy who wrote KC's biggest hits also wrote Rock Me Baby... a smooth AM hit from the mid 70's.

pedro
02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
I find it difficult to come down hard on anyone who employs a full horn section. Even if it's not your cup of tea, there's at least musicians at work.

Anyway, since I worry that music has become increasingly sexless, I can't take KC or the Crowes to task overly much.

Yeah, I'm aware of the pedigree. Probably why it irks me so much, especially after living in Atlanta through most of the 90's. Sometimes it seemed that the radio there never played anything but The Black Crowes, Collective Soul and the Allman Brothers.

As for KC and his band, I just don't like the songs. Never have. Never will.

minus5
02-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Ferg-a-freakin-licious. Rich Girl by Gwen Seffani. Anything else ever recorded by Fergie or Stefani....or Beyoncy, beyonci, bouncy...whatever.

Hap
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I Overlooked An Orchid (performed by Roy Clark on Hee Haw).

Me And Bobbi Mcgee (performed by Buck Owens on Hee Haw).

Soldier Of Love (Donny Osmond Live In Belfast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpLTapsXipA))

Hand To Mouth (George Michael UNPLUGGED (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfEb4slF1JE)).

gm
02-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Anyone remember how badly they overplayed "You Light Up My Life" by Debbie Boone back in the late 70's?

Will anybody else admit to remembering the '77 movie with Didi Conn?

harangatang
02-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Rich Girl by Gwen Seffani. Anything else ever recorded by Fergie or Stefani....While the hip hop version of Stefani can be pitiful at times, her work with No Doubt was very good. I especially like the first 3 No Doubt albums with The Beacon Street Collection probably being my favorite.

minus5
02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
While the hip hop version of Stefani can be pitiful at times, her work with No Doubt was very good. I especially like the first 3 No Doubt albums with The Beacon Street Collection probably being my favorite.

Yep, I liked some of the No Doubt stuff too....but her as a solo....yeesh!

CrackerJack
02-07-2008, 03:59 PM

Thank God I'm not the only one(s).

Yachtzee
02-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Ferg-a-freakin-licious. Rich Girl by Gwen Seffani. Anything else ever recorded by Fergie or Stefani....or Beyoncy, beyonci, bouncy...whatever.

You probably would like to commit Ferg-a-cide, wouldn't you? I know the feeling. :)

One of my favorite SNL sketches in recent years involved the Black Eyed Peas' willingness to endorse just about anything. The funniest was them standing in front of a Wendy's or something similar singing about their spicy chicken sandwich.

Chip R
02-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Will anybody else admit to remembering the '77 movie with Didi Conn?

I saw that with my sister. Easily one of the worst movies I every saw. :eek:

lo ryder
02-07-2008, 10:26 PM
The National Anthem with Rosie singing.....no contest

TRF
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
"you shoulda been gone... knowin' how ya made me feel."

my head hurts.

redsfanmia
02-08-2008, 04:49 PM

my head hurts.

Come on now solo Steve Perry is the best, the guy does have some pipes.

Ravenlord
02-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Come on now solo Steve Perry is the best, the guy does have some pipes.

so does Celine Dion, but it doesn't change that fact that the songs suck like a blackhole.

Dom Heffner
02-08-2008, 06:11 PM

my head hurts.

The chick in the video was a real life girlfriend who dumped him shortly thereafter. I think, anyway.

Hap
02-08-2008, 06:40 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KF2E014TL._AA240_.jpg

http://hometown.aol.com/Newsworthy822/don_johnson-heartbeat_s.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/ShesLiketheWind.jpg/200px-ShesLiketheWind.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Extreme_More_Than_Words.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Releaseme.jpg

redsfanmia
02-08-2008, 06:44 PM
The chick in the video was a real life girlfriend who dumped him shortly thereafter. I think, anyway.

You must be guilty of watching Pop-up video. If you watch the video notice how stand-offish she is when he tries to hug her.

marcshoe
02-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Mickey by Toni Basil. I hated that song when it came out while I was living in Australia. I came home about a year later and whaddya know--the song was released in the US and was driven deep into the mud of my consciousness again.

Life is not fair.

(I guess the tradeoff was that I was introduced to Split Enz while I was down under, so that was worth it.)

ThatPitchIsDunn
02-09-2008, 10:41 AM
I am by no means immune to many MANY guilty pleasure songs. (I must be the other guy that thinks We Built This City is catchy.) However, the only band I can think of that makes me legitimately furious when I hear them is Creed. Their music is absolute crap and my teeth involuntarily begin to grind if I hear even a few seconds of it.

I think most Dirty South rap, especially any of Master P's No Limit garbage offshoots (I'm lookin at you, Silkk da Shocker), is horrid as well.

Highlifeman21
02-09-2008, 11:05 AM
I am by no means immune to many MANY guilty pleasure songs. (I must be the other guy that thinks We Built This City is catchy.) However, the only band I can think of that makes me legitimately furious when I hear them is Creed. Their music is absolute crap and my teeth involuntarily begin to grind if I hear even a few seconds of it.

I think most Dirty South rap, especially any of Master P's No Limit garbage offshoots (I'm lookin at you, Silkk da Shocker), is horrid as well.

Why don't you do some work or something? What exactly do they pay you to do there?

I wish I had never heard "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton. My Mom used to love love, and I mean freakin' love to sing that song at the top of her lungs whenever she heard it in the car.

Highlifeman21
02-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Ahhh!

Kitty, you're going to lose your unofficial position as the voice of reason here. Abbey Road and the White Album both came after Sgt. Pepper's. About half of their 20 best songs come from those records, IMO.

This term is an oxymoron when it comes to the Beatles. They had no best songs.

They were all bad songs. All of them.

westofyou
02-09-2008, 11:26 AM

The built all of our cities with rock n roll.

Highlifeman21
02-09-2008, 12:09 PM
The built all of our cities with rock n roll.

I hear this argument all the time, but part of me wants to believe Led Zepplin still would have happened had the Beatles never.

westofyou
02-09-2008, 12:13 PM
I hear this argument all the time, but part of me wants to believe Led Zepplin still would have happened had the Beatles never.

Talk about overrated bands... that's the biggest one IMO.

Doo Wop and Phil Spector... yep the Beatles didn't change a thing in the business.

GoReds33
02-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I wish I had never heard any Tom Petty songs. It's not that I don't like them, but they're addicting. Since the Super Bowl, I can't get his music out of my head.

pedro
02-09-2008, 02:44 PM

Wow, you really shouldn't be allowed to talk about music. Really, trust me, it's for your own good.

I had to tell my dad the same thing when he compared Clay Aiken to The Beatles and Elvis.

Dom Heffner
02-09-2008, 02:50 PM
You must be guilty of watching Pop-up video.

I actually pleaded no contest.

Ltlabner
02-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I actually pleaded no contest.

I proudly proclaim from the mountain tops to be a Pop-Up Video fanatic.

Even songs I find horrable are somehow enjoyable when spiced up with little triva tid-bits.

Dom Heffner
02-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Even songs I find horrable are somehow enjoyable when spiced up with little triva tid-bits.

That show was great. VH-1 used to have some cool shows.

redsfanmia
02-09-2008, 04:23 PM
That show was great. VH-1 used to have some cool shows.

I agree.

pedro
02-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Pretty much any song that features Santana duetting with a contemporary artist.

GAC
02-10-2008, 05:59 AM
"Rikki, Don't Lose that Number"

blasphemy! ;)

I'm with you brother! :thumbup:

And might I add to the list a song I hadn't heard in many years - Children Of The Sun by Billy Thorpe. I want to leave the road in my car at high speeds and start running over livestock.

Also.....

Stop Dragging My Heart Around by Stevie Nicks w/ Tom Petty

Oldies from the AM radio age?.....

In The Year 2525 by Zager and Evans (one hit wonders. who would have thunk'd it)

Alone Again (Naturally) - Gilbert O'Sullivan

Conquistador - Procol Harem

One - Three Dog Night

Hair - The Cowsills

Aquarius - The 5th Dimensions

Bang Shang-A-Lang - The Archies

Green-eyed Lady - Sugarloaf

Tin Man - America (But I hate anything they did)

Please Come To Boston - Dave Loggins

Me And You And A Dog Named Boo - Lobo

Midnight Train To Georgia - Gladys Knight

And I'm a HUGE fan of Deeep Purple, but one song I really can't stand is Smoke On The Water. Those opening chords of that song drive one crazy.

And someone help me out. I can't remember the name of the band in the late 60's that scored a couple hits, and one of them was titled "Liar".

GAC
02-10-2008, 06:01 AM

Yes, how can one top "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You"?

This is what happens when you only drink Sprite! :p:

texasdave
02-10-2008, 06:20 AM
And someone help me out. I can't remember the name of the band in the late 60's that scored a couple hits, and one of them was titled "Liar".

Unless there were two songs by the same title, the group was Three Dog Night. And they had more than just a couple hits. They showed up on the Billboard Top 40 over 20 times.

GAC
02-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Unless there were two songs by the same title, the group was Three Dog Night. And they had more than just a couple hits. They showed up on the Billboard Top 40 over 20 times.

Three Dog Night had a song with that title; but it's not the same song.

It finally came to me! It was Argent, who also did "Hold Your Head Up".

oneupper
02-10-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm with you brother! :thumbup:

And I'm a HUGE fan of Deeep Purple, but one song I really can't stand is Smoke On The Water. Those opening chords of that song drive one crazy.

You'd hate me. That's my ringtone!

texasdave
02-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Three Dog Night had a song with that title; but it's not the same song.

It finally came to me! It was Argent, who also did "Hold Your Head Up".

I found this on Wikipedia. It seems that it is the same song after all.

Argent's first album included the song, "Liar" (also composed by Ballard) which became a hit for the Three Dog Knight.

westofyou
02-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Argent was the run off of a much better band... The Zombies.

Argent should never be heard again.

Puffy
02-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Spin Doctors. Anything by them.

Phil Collins. Although Land of Confusion was a groundbreaking video.

Sean_CaseyRules
07-24-2009, 03:45 AM
I heard a song today for the first time, and its been stuck in my head, and I can't get it out. I wish I had never EVER heard it....

LoveGame - Lady GaGa....I'm ashamed to admit that I know the words even....

Stephenk29
07-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but easily HOLLA BACK GIRL - by whats her name, Gwen Stefani was it?

The Baumer
07-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Poker Face - Lady Ga Ga

Blimpie
07-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Forgive me for not reading all nine pages of posts, but has anyone mentioned the following:

1-Kokomo
2-Rico Suave

Those are the two that come to mind most immediately.

SandyD
07-24-2009, 07:26 PM
heard the other day on the piped in music at work, and remembered being tortured but it as a teen

Donna Fargo--"I'm the Happiest Girl in the Whole USA"

Yachtzee
07-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Forgive me for not reading all nine pages of posts, but has anyone mentioned the following:

1-Kokomo
2-Rico Suave

We have a coffeeshop called Rico Latte. I think of that song every time I drive by.

*BaseClogger*
07-25-2009, 12:55 AM
But Lady Ga Ga is such a brilliant musician!? :confused:

GIDP
07-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Use Somebody by Kings for Leon.

I hate that song and it wont get out of my head.

GIDP
07-25-2009, 10:16 AM

1-Kokomo
2-Rico Suave

Kokomo is a great song!

The Operator
07-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Anything by Nickelback.

OldRightHander
07-31-2009, 09:55 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, but easily HOLLA BACK GIRL - by whats her name, Gwen Stefani was it?

Is that the one that they keep playing a short piece of at ballparks now? I'm getting really sick of that and they've played it in every park I've been in the last two seasons. As to ballparks, what's wrong with the organ? I'm getting sick of the canned stuff.

kpresidente
08-02-2009, 01:17 AM
My Heart Will Go On! Celine Dion from Titanic. UGH!!:thumbdown

You have no idea.

When I was 19 I worked at Target in their electronics dept. where they have all the TVs all over the walls. That song was on this video we had to play on the TVs every 1/2 hour.

Imagine having to hear it every day, every 1/2 hour for about 5 months.

Words cannot describe the madness I endured. I hate Celine Dion more than any human being on the planet. She is pure evil, and I will carry that experience with me until the day I die.

cincrazy
08-02-2009, 01:38 AM
Since You've Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson.

My old college roommate played that on a continuous loop, just to enrage me.

kpresidente
08-02-2009, 01:43 AM
1. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
2. Outside - Staind
3. You're still the one - Shania Twain
4. When a Man Love's a Woman - Michael Bolton
5. Black or White - Michael Jackson (not PC right now but I hate this song)
6. Saturday Night Special - Lynard Skynard
7. Gimmie Three Steps - Lynard Skynard
8. My Name Is - Eminem
9. I would Do Anything For Love - Meatloaf (annoying song, but the real reason it makes the list is because every time I hear it, I can't help but imagine what it is he won't do for love. Tends to inspire disturbing images.)
10. Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler (Again, it just makes me think Bette Midler with really bad BO. Ugh!)

I could go on, but I don't think I want to.

Unassisted
08-02-2009, 05:11 PM
"Song that Doesn't End" by Shari Lewis. Unless you had (or were) pre-school age kids during the year or two that this show was on the air, you likely missed this gem. YouTube comes to the rescue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTxr2NJHa0

Unassisted
08-02-2009, 05:17 PM
I agree. "The Final Countdown" is also right up there. The only time I find it remotely entertaining is when it is paired with a magic performance by the inimitable GOB Bluth.There's some remote entertainment in this version. ;) this version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IliwQImJrYE)

Tom Servo
08-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Two that I would have chosen even before their Office appearances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7KBHx0L5qo&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEBAzJkNoVk

M2
08-06-2009, 06:04 PM
"No Rain" - Blind Melon

Couldn't stand that '90s roots rock revival scene and this was the most egregious violator of the bunch. On the plus side, that song convinced me to dump my ex-wife (she thought it was really deep, I thought that made it clear the situation was hopeless). So I'm glad I heard the song I wish I never heard.

As for the ongoing Beatles sub-discussion in this thread, I find I care less about them every year. They're the band you listened to before you heard it done better. I imagine that for a lot of younger folks they're the band that convinces you that your parents are a lost cause.

pedro, I actually got to see KC and the Sunshine Band recently at a corporate gig (they filled in for Huey Lewis and the News). KC looks like my grandfather. Seriously, it was freaking me out.

redsfanmia
08-06-2009, 06:49 PM
As for the ongoing Beatles sub-discussion in this thread, I find I care less about them every year. They're the band you listened to before you heard it done better.

I am a Beatles fan but I find you are right. I used to have one Beatles disc in rotation at all times, now I flip the radio station when I hear one of their songs.