PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite newly discovered bands

Redhook
02-01-2008, 08:30 AM
One of my favorite things to do is listening to music that I've never heard before. There's nothing like hearing great music for the first time. I'm always up for some new tunes.

Over the last year, what are your favorite 3-5 groups/individuals that you've never heard before (could be a new band or one you just haven't heard before)?

My top 4 would be:

Silversun Pickups
Band of Horses
Angels and Airwaves
Brandi Carlisle

02-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Hank III
Ray Wylie Hubbard

RichRed
02-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Vampire Weekend
Shout Out Louds
The Hard Lessons
Iron and Wine

macro
02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Hank III
Ray Wylie Hubbard

For what it's worth, a friend of mine is best friends with Hank Williams III.

As for bands, I knew of them before, but I just got the new CD (their second) from Rooney, an LA-based band (http://www.rooney-band.com/). Fairly modern rock sound, but with a healthy dose of 70s and 80s influence.

If you have Directv, their performance at The Roxy in LA is playing on channel 101 this month.

Bip Roberts
02-01-2008, 12:33 PM
One of my favorite things to do is listening to music that I've never heard before. There's nothing like hearing great music for the first time. I'm always up for some new tunes.

Over the last year, what are your favorite 3-5 groups/individuals that you've never heard before (could be a new band or one you just haven't heard before)?

My top 4 would be:

Silversun Pickups
Band of Horses
Angels and Airwaves
Brandi Carlisle

Wow I was going to come in here to say Band of Horses also.

Imogen Heap is my other one.

westofyou
02-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Band of Horses is good, I love me some swirling guitars.

pedro
02-01-2008, 01:03 PM
"Clap Your hands Say Yeah"

acredsfan
02-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Well, I search for new music constantly....a few bands I found before they got big, such as The Fray...

Onerepublic is picking up momentum, but I started listening to them when they were only on myspace with no CD out...

Melee I have been listening to for a little while, but still like them

Nevertheless I just found recently

Forever The Sickest Kids is another I just found.

Pandora.com is a great place to find new music.

mole44
02-02-2008, 03:26 AM
A band that I found recently that I'm liking a lot is Saving Abel. I just got their Indie release and its excellent. They are coming out with a major label release sometime in March that should be very good. The single from it, "Addicted" will definately be a hit, IMO.

TC81190
02-02-2008, 02:37 PM
The Kaiser Chiefs and The Strokes

Patrick Bateman
02-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Jupiter One

Ravenlord
02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Bluf
Lori Wilson
Caffery (not sure he counts since he's in my favorite band)
Lordi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s2TfNlJ_nQ

02-03-2008, 09:31 AM
I just discovered The Avett Brothers ...like 5 minutes ago. I think I dig 'em.

edabbs44
02-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Paramore

Degenerate39
02-03-2008, 12:50 PM
INXS, I can't believe I didn't start listening to them before. They have some great songs. But I prefer their original singer than their new one. It's a shame he died at a young age he really was talented.

pedro
02-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Vampire Weekend
Shout Out Louds
The Hard Lessons
Iron and Wine

I like "Vampire Weekend" too

If you haven't already you might want to check out "Clap your hands say yeah". They've got their own Talking Heads thing going on. So much so that the first time I heard them I said to my friend "Did David Byrne make a good solo album I didn't know about?"

Stephenk29
02-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Evan's Blue

RichRed
02-03-2008, 05:40 PM

If you haven't already you might want to check out "Clap your hands say yeah". They've got their own Talking Heads thing going on. So much so that the first time I heard them I said to my friend "Did David Byrne make a good solo album I didn't know about?"

I've heard a bit of Clap Your Hands... on XM but I'll check them out some more. Thanks for the tip!

The Shout Out Louds sound to me like a bouncier, Swedish version of the Cure. Couple of the guys from Peter Bjorn & John were involved in the production of their latest album.

pedro
02-03-2008, 05:41 PM
The Shout Out Louds sound to me like a bouncier, Swedish version of the Cure. Couple of the guys from Peter Bjorn & John were involved in the production of their latest album.

I'll have to check them out. That sounds interesting.

RichRed
02-03-2008, 05:58 PM

Just checked their tour schedule and they're playing in Portland March 25 at the Doug Fir Lounge.

Hope they tour the East Coast sometime soon.

pedro
02-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Just checked their tour schedule and they're playing in Portland March 25 at the Doug Fir Lounge.

Hope they tour the East Coast sometime soon.

very small place. holds about 200 people.

marcshoe
02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
INXS, I can't believe I didn't start listening to them before. They have some great songs. But I prefer their original singer than their new one. It's a shame he died at a young age he really was talented.

Kind of funny, I knew about them before most. I moved to Australia in 1981, and the day I moved into my flat there were posters on all the telephone poles around advertising INXS playing at the local pub. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to pronounce the name of the band. Inkses?

Anyway, my favorite newly discovered (for me) singers of 2007 were probably Kim Richey and Josh Ritter.

pedro
02-03-2008, 06:26 PM
INXS was huge when i was in High School in the early 80's.

One band from the 70's that I have just "discovered" is "Television"

I had heard of them but never listened to them.

the album "marquee moon" is great.

vaticanplum
02-03-2008, 09:20 PM

One of my favorite bands ever, and probably the best band I have ever seen live. Have I talked about this here before? I feel like I have (I still talk about it a fair amount). It was just technically flawless. My friend who was with me commented at the time that she had not seen so much onstage tuning since Trout at the Battle of the Bands in high school, and she was right. They'd stand there before each song, tuning, tuning, tuning in complete silence (even freaking TUNING they held the crowd reverent), and then they'd break out with the first chord of a song and it was like glass cutting through the air. People often talk about strong technique freeing up an artist to really be expressive emotionally, but I've never seen such a palpable representation of that as I did during this show. And I'm not much of a musician, but even I could recognize this. Everything was just perfect, and the music just really transcended itself and left everybody about knocked out. I was totally sober, by the way.

I left that concert feeling simultaneously depressed at the thought that I could never ever do anything as well as they do what they do and totally uplifted that something that perfect exists in the world. I know that sounds totally hyperbolic but I really did feel like that. I was on air for days. I know their albums may not be for everyone, but I'd recommend a live show of theirs to anybody -- they don't play very often but they do still play. And if you ever hit on a bar that has the album on a jukebox, play Marquee Moon (the song) at about 1 am when everybody's had just enough but not too much to drink. It just keeps going, and going...and man. I love Television.

pedro
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
One of my favorite bands ever, and probably the best band I have ever seen live. Have I talked about this here before? I feel like I have (I still talk about it a fair amount). It was just technically flawless. My friend who was with me commented at the time that she had not seen so much onstage tuning since Trout at the Battle of the Bands in high school, and she was right. They'd stand there before each song, tuning, tuning, tuning in complete silence (even freaking TUNING they held the crowd reverent), and then they'd break out with the first chord of a song and it was like glass cutting through the air. People often talk about strong technique freeing up an artist to really be expressive emotionally, but I've never seen such a palpable representation of that as I did during this show. And I'm not much of a musician, but even I could recognize this. Everything was just perfect, and the music just really transcended itself and left everybody about knocked out. I was totally sober, by the way.

I left that concert feeling simultaneously depressed at the thought that I could never ever do anything as well as they do what they do and totally uplifted that something that perfect exists in the world. I know that sounds totally hyperbolic but I really did feel like that. I was on air for days. I know their albums may not be for everyone, but I'd recommend a live show of theirs to anybody -- they don't play very often but they do still play. And if you ever hit on a bar that has the album on a jukebox, play Marquee Moon (the song) at about 1 am when everybody's had just enough but not too much to drink. It just keeps going, and going...and man. I love Television.

I totally understand what you are saying.

You'll be happy to know that I burned a copy of it for my favorite local pub and they've been playing it quite a lot.

vaticanplum
02-03-2008, 09:47 PM
You'll be happy to know that I burned a copy of it for my favorite local pub and they've been playing it quite a lot.

The world is a slightly better place, pedro.

pedro
02-03-2008, 09:48 PM
The world is a slightly better place, pedro.

I do try.

cincyinco
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Well, I search for new music constantly....a few bands I found before they got big, such as The Fray...

Onerepublic is picking up momentum, but I started listening to them when they were only on myspace with no CD out...

Melee I have been listening to for a little while, but still like them

Nevertheless I just found recently

Forever The Sickest Kids is another I just found.

The Fray and Onerepublic eh? Both Colorado Bands..

The Fray has been big here in Denver for years, so I'm a bit worn out on them.. which sucks. But hey.

Some bands worth checking out:

The Kooks
Louis XIV
Cold War Kids

Redhook
02-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Evan's Blue

That's what I'm talkin' about. Very good band. Thank you.

In return, my gift to you is Chevelle. They're great. Very underrated heavy alternative rock band. And they're coming to Cincy in April at Bogart's. I can't wait.

From this thread, I also like Rooney, Vampire Weekend, and The Kooks.

Thanks for sharing these bands. I look forward to hearing more good music. Keep it coming.

Redhook
02-10-2008, 11:57 PM
July For Kings. Listening to them for the first time right now. Not bad. They're from Dayton.

Redhook
02-26-2008, 12:32 AM
The Fray and Onerepublic eh? Both Colorado Bands..

The Fray has been big here in Denver for years, so I'm a bit worn out on them.. which sucks. But hey.

Some bands worth checking out:

The Kooks
Louis XIV
Cold War Kids

I'm loving me some Cold War Kids. Fantastic!

The Kooks are good too, but damn, I really like the sound of the Cold War Kids. "Hang Me Up To Dry" and "Hospital Beds" are just plain awesome.

Caveat Emperor
02-26-2008, 08:51 AM
If you're into the more mellow singer/songwriter vibe, check out Matthew Santos (no relation to the fictional presidential candidate from The West Wing). It's good stuff, IMO.

For anyone that follows current Top-40 radio, he's the guy doing the background vocals on the new rap song "Superstar" by Lupe Fiasco.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-26-2008, 09:17 AM

Agreed. My music listening repertoire has expanded dramatically since I found this site.

Some bands I discovered recently that I like:

Black Stone Cherry
Karnivool
Paramore
Flyleaf

oneupper
02-26-2008, 09:55 AM
With the iPod revolution, I am discovering and re-discovering a lot of music.

I totally missed the 90s. Was busy raising the kids and listening to Raffi, Barney and Disney Classics.

On the video thread someone mentioned "Everclear" whom I swear I had never heard.
Picked up "Sparkle and Fade" and "So much for the Afterglow" used on Amazon for $0.01 (plus 2.98 S+H) and really liked them (and the price, obviously).

From the newer stuff, I really like punk-pop band Allister. My daughters (now teenagers) are also coming up with newer stuff (I show them the classics, they show me "Death Cab For Cutie", etc.). No rap or hip-hop allowed (everyone's fine with that).

Keep this thread going, I've got a lot of blanks to fill in...will be checking this stuff out.

Thanks, guys.

westofyou
02-26-2008, 11:02 AM
On the video thread someone mentioned "Everclear" whom I swear I had never heard.

Art lives here in town and has an office down the street from Pedro's house, occasionally we see him pacing around the sidewalk smoking... he has that pent up ex junkie nervous shuffle.

There is no band that sings more about personal life stuff then Everclear, sometimes it's downright scary.

SunDeck
02-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Defiance Ohio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance,_Ohio_(band)).

A great band from here in Bloomington.

There is a punky/folky scene that escalates in the summer when kids seem to migrate across the country, squatting on farm land and going to underground punk concerts.

PLAN-IT-X (http://www.plan-it-x.com/) Records, also located here Bloomington, is very much a part of that scene. They sponsored a festival (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan-It-X_Records#Plan-It-X_Fest) a few summers ago and downtown Bloomington was full of very dirty and very smelly punk kids for a week. But they were very cool, for the most part.

EDIT: Seems PLAN-IT-X (http://www.plan-it-x.com/)is now in Gainesville. Don't know when that happened. Anyway, their website is now streaming music. Check it out- it's all pretty cool.

wolfboy
02-26-2008, 12:00 PM

Ditto on this one. Brilliant band, and I'm disappointed that it took me this long to start listening to them.

VP: when/where did you see them live?

Joseph
02-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Picked up "Sparkle and Fade" and "So much for the Afterglow" used on Amazon for $0.01 (plus 2.98 S+H) and really liked them (and the price, obviously).

I adore Everclear. Really. Sparkle and Fade is just fabulous. Arts certainly at his best when railing on his own past misfortunes and mistakes, but even his 'pop' songs are solid contributions.

They have a song called "You make me feel like a *****" and Art and the boys were doing an acoustic set at his then young daughters pre-school....they changed the lyrics to 'You make me feel like I'm four'. It was touching in a twisted way.

I'm not a star.....well you know the second half, but Art's one of those guys I'd like to meet. If there were one of those dinners where you could invite three people....and I limited it to music, Art would be one of them. So very cool that WOY and Pedro see him on occasion.

pedro
02-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I adore Everclear. Really. Sparkle and Fade is just fabulous. Arts certainly at his best when railing on his own past misfortunes and mistakes, but even his 'pop' songs are solid contributions.

They have a song called "You make me feel like a *****" and Art and the boys were doing an acoustic set at his then young daughters pre-school....they changed the lyrics to 'You make me feel like I'm four'. It was touching in a twisted way.

I'm not a star.....well you know the second half, but Art's one of those guys I'd like to meet. If there were one of those dinners where you could invite three people....and I limited it to music, Art would be one of them. So very cool that WOY and Pedro see him on occasion.

His recording studio is a couple of blocks from my house. I see him tooling around the neighborhood quite often. Tiny little guy. Always seems to be on his cell phone.

pedro
02-26-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm on hold right now and muzak is jamming out "california stars" by wilco.

cracks me up.

SunDeck
02-26-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm on hold right now and muzak is jamming out "california stars" by wilco.

cracks me up.

Great song. I bought that CD because I am a big fan of Billy Bragg. Hadn't even heard of Wilco, but that collaboration turned me into a fan. Man, was that already ten years ago?

nycredsfan
02-26-2008, 04:54 PM
I just discovered that Gary Louris (The Jayhawks) released a solo album this year and it is really good. I like it as much as the last few Jayhawks albums.

westofyou
02-26-2008, 05:02 PM
I just discovered that Gary Louris (The Jayhawks) released a solo album this year and it is really good. I like it as much as the last few Jayhawks albums.

Listened to yesterday, it is nice.

pedro
02-26-2008, 05:22 PM

I like it too. Probably going to see him when he comes around next month.

nycredsfan
02-26-2008, 05:57 PM
I've recently started listening to Magnolia Electric Co. with the Sojourner box set. For whatever reason I had always sort of ignored all of Jason Molina's projects until this one.

Sean_CaseyRules
02-27-2008, 11:10 PM
I really like Wolfmother! I saw them twice last year and they are my 2nd favorite band, next to Franz Ferdinand, who isn't know, but also not ALL that well known.

NorrisHopper30
02-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Muse, my favorite band of all time since I discovered them a few months ago.
Inspired by Radiohead.

mole44
02-28-2008, 04:11 AM
July For Kings. Listening to them for the first time right now. Not bad. They're from Dayton.Actually they are from Middletown ;) Too bad they are no more. Real shame, "Swim" was so damn good, I'm suprised they never hit it big.

Redhook
02-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Actually they are from Middletown ;) Too bad they are no more. Real shame, "Swim" was so damn good, I'm suprised they never hit it big.

Didn't you hear that Middletown doesn't exist anymore due to the economy up there? ;) Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know that.

Another group I like that I forget to mention earlier is the Kings of Leon. They bust out some pretty good tunes.

pedro
02-29-2008, 02:53 AM
"Saturday Looks Good to me"

stupid name. great band.

cincyinco
03-05-2008, 06:20 AM
Editors
We are scientists
R.U.O.K.
Pheonix
Bloc party

vaticanplum
03-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Ditto on this one. Brilliant band, and I'm disappointed that it took me this long to start listening to them.

VP: when/where did you see them live?

I saw them at Irving Plaza 2003/2004ish. I want to say fall 2004.

At that time they were playing a few shows a year, always a summer festival in the UK. Not sure if they have kept this up or not.

SunDeck
03-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Whoever mentioned pandora.com (http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/beavis.jpg)- THANKS!

I have been listening to it for the last week and I'm amazed at how well it works.

Rojo
03-05-2008, 08:17 PM

Marquee Moon is probably one of my most played albums. I always seem to miss them live.

I missed Galaxie 500 the first time around and am now OD'ing on them.

pedro
03-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Whoever mentioned pandora.com (http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/beavis.jpg)- THANKS!

I have been listening to it for the last week and I'm amazed at how well it works.

check out www.accuradio.com if you haven't yet.

Patrick Bateman
03-07-2008, 02:27 AM
"Mother Mother" seems like an interesting Canadian band I just found the other day.

AccordinglyReds
03-07-2008, 03:21 AM
Lydia. :)

paintmered
03-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Actually they are from Middletown ;) Too bad they are no more. Real shame, "Swim" was so damn good, I'm suprised they never hit it big.

July for Kings reunited a few months ago and are working on a new album to be released later this year. Joe Hedges also has plans to release a second solo album sometime in the future.

HumnHilghtFreel
03-26-2008, 12:51 AM
I've known of them for a while, but I just recently gave Gym Class Heroes a chance and I really like a lot of their stuff.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XF6boIPpwUQ

*BaseClogger*
03-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Laugh... but I can't stop listening to Primus recently (I love it when I find new music from when I was very young or before I was born)...

westofyou
03-26-2008, 01:24 AM
Laugh... but I can't stop listening to Primus recently (I love it when I find new music from when I was very young or before I was born)...

I saw Primus/Firehose/Cracker at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, circa 1991.

Awesome show

*BaseClogger*
03-26-2008, 01:26 AM
I saw Primus/Firehose/Cracker at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, circa 1991.

Awesome show

I love the music videos and the shows look great (I miss the 90's :()...

TC81190
03-26-2008, 03:31 AM
Editors
We are scientists
Bloc party

These are some great bands here. The British people know their music.

I just picked up the aforementioned Vampire Weekend album. It's great stuff.

dman
03-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Marvelous 3/Butch Walker

pedro
03-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Ratatat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zTkrPNNpkc

camisadelgolf
03-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Ratatat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg1AvoAdy2M

They're a great live show. I saw them open for Clinic and had the time of my life. I bought their first CD and got a free CD-R of some rap remixes that they did.

pedro
03-26-2008, 08:21 PM
They're a great live show. I saw them open for Clinic and had the time of my life. I bought their first CD and got a free CD-R of some rap remixes that they did.

nice.

Redhook
03-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Ok, here's some kickarse bands that I just recently discovered:

The Shins
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Pinback
Stephen Marley
The Kooks
The Koreans
Spoon
The Cat Empire

Enjoy!

Highlifeman21
03-29-2008, 04:09 AM
Tonight @ The Orpheum in Boston I saw Honey Honey open for Matt Nathanson who opened for Lifehouse.

First time hearing Matt Nathanson, and I must say I was definitely entertained.

fearofpopvol1
03-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Do a lot of people actually like July For Kings? Maybe I just don't get it. Their stuff sounds so mediocre to me.

Also, Television has to be one of the more underrated/underappreciated bands ever. It happens when you don't have a lot of material though. Julian from The Strokes said that Television is by far their biggest influence (which makes sense).

Anyway, I'll make a few recommendations.

The first is to check out Panic at the Disco's new record, "Pretty Odd." They're not exactly a new band, but the record is new and it sounds really good. It sounds nothing like their first effort and musically, this album sounds like a Beatles record (a cross between "Sgt. Pepper" and "Magical Mystery Tour"). I did not care for their first album at all, but this is a special record.

Secondly, I recommend Duffy. Great singer from Whales and she's like this really cool hodgepodge sound of Dusty Springfield, Norah Jones, Dolly Parton, Amy Winehouse and some others I'm not thinking of. I'm curious to see how she'll be embraced in America.

vaticanplum
03-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Butch Walker

I got dragged to a Butch Walker concert at the Knitting Factory in New York several years ago. Had never heard of him and knew nothing about him. He was INCREDIBLE. He is just one of these performers who goes all out with no apologies and thought to consequence. The antithesis of live Television whom I referenced earlier in the thread. By the end of the concert he was down in the crowd leaning against a column, singing a capella with sweat pouring off him as everybody stood there enraptured. A really unique musician. I've never even bought his stuff -- I suspect that he is someone, like Ian Moore, who is a live artist, period...or at least someone who never measures up on record once you've seen him live. Great stuff. he has a real mish-mash of old styles going on that sound really old school in person that I don't think would translate to record.

I'm enjoying a band called Dodos this week. Bit poppy, bit rhythmic, bit all over the place...they're fun.

dman
03-31-2008, 03:14 AM
I got dragged to a Butch Walker concert at the Knitting Factory in New York several years ago. Had never heard of him and knew nothing about him. He was INCREDIBLE. He is just one of these performers who goes all out with no apologies and thought to consequence. The antithesis of live Television whom I referenced earlier in the thread. By the end of the concert he was down in the crowd leaning against a column, singing a capella with sweat pouring off him as everybody stood there enraptured. A really unique musician. I've never even bought his stuff -- I suspect that he is someone, like Ian Moore, who is a live artist, period...or at least someone who never measures up on record once you've seen him live. Great stuff. he has a real mish-mash of old styles going on that sound really old school in person that I don't think would translate to record.

I'm enjoying a band called Dodos this week. Bit poppy, bit rhythmic, bit all over the place...they're fun.

I discovered Butch Walker during the Hair Band Hey Day when he was with Southgang. I thought he had slipped into obscurity until I did a search for Southgang on You Tube and it gave me the video for M3's "Freak of the Week". I was blown away by the transformation in musical style over what he used to do.

I kind of see his style as being as you said, a mish mash, mostly of Queen, David Bowie, and still some 80's hard rock roots.

I was really disappointed that I found out who Marvelous 3 was 8 years after Butch, Jayce, and Slug called it quits.

dman
03-31-2008, 03:15 AM
I discovered Butch Walker during the Hair Band Hey Day when he was with Southgang. I thought he had slipped into obscurity until I did a search for Southgang on You Tube and it gave me the video for M3's "Freak of the Week". I was blown away by the transformation in musical style over what he used to do.

I kind of see his style as being as you said, a mish mash, mostly of Queen, David Bowie, and still some 80's hard rock roots.

I was really disappointed that I found out who Marvelous 3 was 8 years after Butch, Jayce, and Slug called it quits.

Oops, Duplicate Post

*BaseClogger*
04-17-2008, 07:18 PM
I've been listening to Bush's Sixteen Stone. I know I'm about 15 years behind most of the stuff I discover...

acredsfan
04-18-2008, 12:08 AM

I tell everyone I know about that website, it really passes the time for me.

CrackerJack
04-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Recent re-discovery of music I just plain missed: The House Of Love and Echo & The Bunnymen's first two albums (Crocodile in particular is a classic)

Also have found that I have a soft spot for Blind Willie Johnson's old pre-blues records and early Bob Dylan's less known songs that are just as good as his "greatest hits."

I have found myself liking "The Black Angels" out of Austin, TX quite a bit. Really drony at times, but much more likeable and entertaining than, say, Black Mountain, whom I find to be quite boring and dull. The Angels new CD is a good one, but the last couple of songs lose my attention, yet the rest are top notch. Their debut is very good also.

Dracodave
04-21-2008, 04:12 PM
I've recently (re-)descovered Dark Tranquility, Symphony X, Every time I die, and The Early November.

paintmered
04-21-2008, 11:21 PM
I've been listening to Bush's Sixteen Stone. I know I'm about 15 years behind most of the stuff I discover...

I suddenly feel very very old... :(