PDA

View Full Version : Cueto this winter

UPRedsFan
02-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Haven't seen this posted anywhere else but I noticed today Cueto's numbers in Dominican are impressive.

31.2 IP
31 hits
37 K's
7 BB
1.20 WHIP
2.84 ERA

Stephenk29
02-02-2008, 04:42 PM
rather exciting. Hopefully he can continue that into the spring.

captainmorgan07
02-02-2008, 06:16 PM
very very good numbers for cueto this winter. hopefully this continues to grow his confidence as we head to spring training.

Chi-Town Red
02-03-2008, 02:51 PM
impressive as usual

kentjett
02-03-2008, 04:07 PM
If he is somewhat productive in the spring, we should have him in our line-up. All this talk about young guys not being ready is nonesense. This guy is accurate w/ all of his pitches and he has a really good mound presence. He is more ready than Bailey and Volquez even though I think Bailey could definitely have an ERA around 4.5 or better. Bailey and Volquez have the stuff but they are not near as accurate as Cueto at this point in their careers. If they send Cueto to AAA just because he is young, I'd be ticked off a bit. Evrybody will argue but I would have Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Bailey and Volquez as the line-up and have Belisle working out of the bullpen w/ Affeldt, Burton, Weathers, Bray and Cordero.

Jr's Boy
02-03-2008, 05:23 PM
If he is somewhat productive in the spring, we should have him in our line-up. All this talk about young guys not being ready is nonesense. This guy is accurate w/ all of his pitches and he has a really good mound presence. He is more ready than Bailey and Volquez even though I think Bailey could definitely have an ERA around 4.5 or better. Bailey and Volquez have the stuff but they are not near as accurate as Cueto at this point in their careers. If they send Cueto to AAA just because he is young, I'd be ticked off a bit. Evrybody will argue but I would have Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Bailey and Volquez as the line-up and have Belisle working out of the bullpen w/ Affeldt, Burton, Weathers, Bray and Cordero.

Worked out pretty good for Verlander and Bonderman in Detroit.

EddieMilner
02-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Evrybody will argue but I would have Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Bailey and Volquez as the line-up and have Belisle working out of the bullpen w/ Affeldt, Burton, Weathers, Bray and Cordero.

I really want Belisle to earn a spot in this rotation. My hopes are that in spring training, Harang and Arroyo are 1 and 2, everything else is based on performance during Spring Training. I would love to see Belisle, Cueto, Bailey, Volquez, and Maloney, fighting for the 3 spots in the rotation. Whomever performs the best during ST gets to come up north with the club. Belisle (while being talented) has not done anything in the past few seasons to guarantee himself a spot in the rotation.

Prf15
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I haven't kept up with winter ball but is Cueto playing in the Carribean World Series?

Stephenk29
02-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Bonderman took some serious lumps along the way, and still does really. I think Spring Training will dictate everything for Mr. Cueto.

Newman4
02-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Pretty nice problem to have. I can't remember the last time a Reds team was discussed going into Spring Training with the possibility of moving starters to the pen out of competition.