PDA

View Full Version : "The Schwam" goes postal....

Blimpie
02-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Here's an older clip of Chris Berman with a "good ole fashion case of the goo" as Marty would say....

WARNING: AUDIO IS NOT KID FRIENDLY

http://deadspin.com/351147/chris-berman-is-somewhat-perturbed-with-the-help?autoplay=true

BoydsOfSummer
02-05-2008, 08:39 PM
He's annoying even when he's ranting. Pretty funny.

KronoRed
02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Dude..grow up.

WMR
02-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Someone didn't get "BOOMER" his donuts.

WMR
02-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Dude..grow up.

You wouldn't say that to his face. He would eat you.

KronoRed
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I sure would, I can run faster then he can :D

Gainesville Red
02-05-2008, 09:05 PM

If not faster, than definitely farther. Just gotta dodge for 30 seconds or so.

WMR
02-05-2008, 09:28 PM

Hehehehehehe... good one, K

WMR
02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Although if he had missed a couple meals beforehand, WATCH OUT!!

cincinnati chili
02-05-2008, 10:51 PM
I love it when celebs (or quasi-celebs) show their true colors.

This is almost as good as the legendary Casey Kasem meltdown.

WMR
02-05-2008, 10:54 PM

HEHEHEHEHEHE

I've heard that on Stern several times.

Legendary.

On a related note: I'd love to hear some unedited footage of the Poofy Haired Fancy Boy going nuts off-air. Bet that would be some crazy stuff, rivaling anything else out there.

Mario-Rijo
02-06-2008, 12:29 AM

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmuqdGvCxtA

westofyou
02-06-2008, 09:27 AM
If any of you have ever worked in TV , Radio or Films this is nothing, it's par for the course, high stress and lot's of money and no room for mistakes.

It's not exactly like my job or yours when it comes to stress and what is expected from the folks who work around you.

Dom Heffner
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
If any of you have ever worked in TV , Radio or Films this is nothing, it's par for the course, high stress and lot's of money and no room for mistakes.

When I interned at WLW and worked at WCKY, I saw one well-known personality take a pile of tapes and start throwing them on the ground and stomping on them. We were under pressure to get something on the air and he just went nuts.

At the time I couldn't work with people like that.

About a year later I had an on-air gig in Indiana, and my studio was filled with people for whatever reason. They had the TV on, watching Saturday Night Live, and just laughing it up the same moment I had to go on air. I blew up. Glad there's no You Tube video of that.

westofyou
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
At the time I couldn't work with people like that.

The business is full of them, one of the main reasons why I bailed, too many Type A personalities that were cruel, narcissistic and unbearable.

CrackerJack
02-06-2008, 03:15 PM
The business is full of them, one of the main reasons why I bailed, too many Type A personalities that were cruel, narcissistic and unbearable.

Sounds like at least one or two of every manager I've worked for in Corporate America, spanning multiple industries. I dream of getting the hell out - looks like I need to avoid the entertainment industry too.

Dom Heffner
02-06-2008, 03:15 PM

JC McCoy, who once worked for the Q told me, "You can't be thin-skinned and work in this business."

While I think he's half right, the more important thing to take from that statement is you are going to run into some egomaniacs. I met people who had zero talent- I mean, they were paying the radio station for air time- and they treated me like a piece of crap.

Not sure if anyone remembers when WCKY had two different cooking shows on air (the two annoying guys who always did their promos for their show in unison, which was awful) and this older woman, I can't remember her name.

Well I was board op-ing one time and I was runnning right against the top of the hour news, which started whether I was ready or not. Well this lcooking show lady was just yapping on the air and I'm giving her the "wrap it up" sign through the window because I had a few commercials I had to play. She finally quits talking, the commercials don't get aired, and she leaves me with 4 seconds of empty time before news. Rather than have dead air, I quickly grapped the only promo I could find that was exactly 4 seconds long and hit play. Beautiful. Only problem for her was it was a promo for the other cooking show.

Well she went off on me like nobody's business, which was totally out of line. She was paying to be on the air, she left me with no choice (I didn't have a magical vault with 30 different 4 second promos) by yapping through the last two minutes of the show, and the other cooking show is a show that we should be able to promote whenever we want to.

It was awful.

And the program director at the time was one of the most pompous jerks I've ever met in my life.

The personalities simply ruin the business. That's why I loved my overnight gigs because the station would be empty and I didn't have to deal with that crap.

Handofdeath
02-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Here's an older clip of Chris Berman with a "good ole fashion case of the goo" as Marty would say....

WARNING: AUDIO IS NOT KID FRIENDLY

http://deadspin.com/351147/chris-berman-is-somewhat-perturbed-with-the-help?autoplay=true

Needs to get "back back back back" on the Xanax. :D

minus5
02-06-2008, 07:04 PM
JC McCoy, who once worked for the Q told me, "You can't be thin-skinned and work in this business."

I know that cat...haven't seen him in a long time though

Dom Heffner
02-06-2008, 07:25 PM
I know that cat...haven't seen him in a long time though

He was a super cool guy. He had a morning gig in Columbus during the mid-90s and then he was doing traffic for WGRR and that's the last I heard from him.

I love the story about how he got his nickname, "JC."

I think he messed something up on the air and his program director yelled at him, "Jesus Christ, McCoy..." and the rest his history.

TRF
02-06-2008, 09:15 PM
When I was a television director, I once made an anchor cry.

I was a bad person then.

Yachtzee
02-06-2008, 10:57 PM
I only lasted one semester as a Radio and TV Production major. I loved working the college radio show because it was pretty much me and the girl who did the news during my show. Unfortunately, it didn't go so well when I helped out on a broadcast of the evening newscast for the campus TV station. The on-air talent was so bad, but everybody kept telling them how awesome they were. If you didn't agree, you weren't just an outcast, some would actually make stuff up attempting to damage your reputation. It was like a TV newsnerd version of "Heathers."

WMR
02-06-2008, 10:58 PM
HOLY JEEZ YACHT I JUST LAUGHED OUT LOUD AT THAT

:lol:

RFS62
02-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Needs to get "back back back back" on the Xanax. :D

:laugh:

minus5
02-07-2008, 09:41 AM
He was a super cool guy. He had a morning gig in Columbus during the mid-90s and then he was doing traffic for WGRR and that's the last I heard from him.

I love the story about how he got his nickname, "JC."

I think he messed something up on the air and his program director yelled at him, "Jesus Christ, McCoy..." and the rest his history.

He had talked about me coming up and seeing about getting on at the station in Columbus when he was there but I was too scared to make the jump. Wish I'd have gone for it....too many regrets in life....

Dom Heffner
02-07-2008, 10:40 AM
He had talked about me coming up and seeing about getting on at the station in Columbus when he was there but I was too scared to make the jump. Wish I'd have gone for it....too many regrets in life....

Same here! I applied, finished second in the running, and then when the dude didn't work out he called me to see if I would do it, but like you, I chickened out. 6 bucks an hour and living in a new city didn't sound promising.

Did you go to CSB?

minus5
02-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Did you go to CSB?

Sure did! Connecticutt Shool of Broadchasing