PDA

View Full Version : Usa Today Speculates On Blanton

Bigredfan#1
02-07-2008, 03:54 PM
That Cincy would have to give up either Bailey or Cueto and another prospect. Let the A's keep him if that is the case!!

Bip Roberts
02-07-2008, 03:57 PM
removed by moderator

Bip Roberts
02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Its all in the Blanton thread

Bigredfan#1
02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Its all in the Blanton thread

I sure did not see it! Just that we were in on it, if I had seen it I would not have posted this!

Carin4Narron
02-07-2008, 04:08 PM
See ya Homer, Doh! Make the josh darn deal. Make me believe in this team again!

Bip Roberts
02-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I sure did not see it! Just that we were in on it, if I had seen it I would not have posted this!

well its all the same topic

Bigredfan#1
02-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Went back and scanned the whole post and not once did I see where someone mentioned and Bailey and Cueto were one of the prospects that the A's were asking for!

Krawhitham
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Bailey + a low level prospect for Blanton would be a great deal

Blanton would be controlled by the Reds for at least 3 more seasons (Bailey 5 more, I think). Blanton could rule in the NL, he is a GB pitcher that would work well in GABP

he is 6-2 VS the NL over the last 3 season

Bigredfan#1
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Bailey + a low level prospect for Blanton would be a great deal

Blanton would be controlled by the Reds for at least 3 more seasons (Bailey 5 more, I think). Blanton could rule in the NL, he is a GB pitcher that would work well in GABP

he is 6-2 VS the NL over the last 3 season

There is no way I give up Bailey for Blanton but we each are entitled to our own opinion.

AccordinglyReds
02-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Do NOT trade. I'd much rather see what Bailey blossoms into than have Blanton.

redsupport
02-07-2008, 09:40 PM
trade, who says bailey will be anything, pick up the known quantity, bailey pitched well vs. Oakland so maybe they will take less to get Bailey

ED44
02-07-2008, 10:09 PM
NO WAY should the Reds include Bailey or Cueto in a deal for Blanton. If we were willing to give up either they should have been used to net Bedard or Haren, NOT Blanton. I'm not saying I wouldn't want Blanton in the rotation, but not at the expense of either of our two prized SP prospects.

Bip Roberts
02-07-2008, 10:37 PM
If there is, let the mods do their job........ just as I would hope they would with your use of language...

:censored:

REDblooded
02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
The most I'd do for Blanton would be something centered on Maloney, and chances are, the A's wouldn't make that deal.

fewfirstchoice
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
I would send one of Bailey,Cueto, or Votto but not two of and a couple B to B- prospects.I would also love to see them take Belisle back in a deal.Say we deal Votto,Belisle,and Stubbs for Blanton.Our rotation would be 1) Harang 2) Arroyo 3) Blanton 4) Volquez 5) Bailey with Cueto down in AAA ready to take someones place if need be.Also he could be a big chip for a end of July type trade.I say if we only have to give up one of the three do the deal but I wouldnt deal 2 of them for him and Im a big Blanton fan.

gedred69
02-08-2008, 01:07 AM
Just heard on the 11:00 news that it would require either Bailey or Votto in a package. (Reds got package to spare). Personally, I would part with Bailey before I'd let Votto go. Don't want to lose either truthfully, but Blanton would br worth one or the other I surmise. If I were WK, I be asking for Other people's input (Jocketty) before I made this deal. Anyhow, we have all said, "need some changes to turn come ab

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
02-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Went back and scanned the whole post and not once did I see where someone mentioned and Bailey and Cueto were one of the prospects that the A's were asking for!When new info about a topic is released it should still be posted in the original thread, this board would be a mess if a new thread was created every time a story branches off in a different direction.

fewfirstchoice
02-08-2008, 02:51 AM
I think this deal will get done one way or another.WK has been looking for a pithcer this off season and Blanton seems to be his man.I just hope WK doesnt over pay,which I dont think he will.I think Votto and a couple B prospects go to Oaktown and Blanton comes back to the Reds.

BEETTLEBUG
02-08-2008, 07:04 AM
I don't think so keep Votto trade Bailey and other B prospects.

Heath
02-08-2008, 09:42 AM
It's threads like this that don't help anyone in the Sun Deck. It's closed.

If there is a thread started with the same general subject, keeping it all together makes the board less cluttered. If you feel compelled to comment, make sure you read the first few pages of a thread. Just because no one mentioned an article in the other thread doesn't mean that it deserves its own thread. In fact, it's more of a reason to keep everything together.