PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline: Cincinnati Reds Outlook

RedEye
02-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I thought this article (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/fantasy/story/10628827) was a pretty good read. For once, it seems like I like my annual strategy of taking numerous fliers on Reds in late rounds might be merited!

BearcatShane
02-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I can't figure out why everyone doesn't think Bruce will not make the team out of spring training. They traded Hamilton for a very good reason, and that reason was not only to get Edinson Volquez. I have no reason to believe Bruce won't hit .320 this spring.

marcshoe
02-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I agree with the writer that if Bruce doesn't make the team out of Spring Training, he won't be in Louisville long. I still wouldn't be surprised if the team picked up a centerfielder such as Crisp, but even if that happens, I believe Bruce will be too valuable to be ignored.

One thing I thought unusual was that the article didn't mention Affeldt when speculating on rotation spots 3-5 or even in the list of top bullpen arms. I wonder if this was an oversight, if the writer was looking at a roster that hadn't been updated recently.

joshnky
02-16-2008, 11:56 AM
I can't figure out why everyone doesn't think Bruce will not make the team out of spring training.

That is one confusing sentence. Triple negatives. Nice.