PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find it funny that Paul Daugherty floated this Blanton rumor

Bip Roberts
02-12-2008, 07:22 PM
All hes given us is they are seriously perusing Blanton? No updates since, no hints on demands, nothing. For a guy who supposedly has a source which he trust enough to say they are seriously after Blanton he has given us nothing. Anyone else starting to think his source is made up or isnt that good of a source to begin with.

REDblooded
02-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Here's the thing.........

Name one move made by Krivsky that's been talked about in the media before it's actually happened.

If you're hearing rumors in the media, they prob aren't going to happen with this regime.

Carin4Narron
02-12-2008, 07:36 PM

Name one move made by Krivsky that's been talked about in the media before it's actually happened.

If you're hearing rumors in the media, they prob aren't going to happen with this regime.
Excellent point, my friend!

Bip Roberts
02-12-2008, 07:39 PM

I think its funny that Paul thought he had a source good enough to come out and say they are seriously perusing he would be able to get a little more info than what hes been able to toss out there.

namichael
02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
If Krivsky plays poker with the same technique that he hides his trade moves, I know I wouldn't want him sitting across the table from me.

Bip Roberts
02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
In other words I put little faith that Paul ever had a source and he quite possibly just made it up.

NorrisHopper30
02-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Didn't Doc get the rumor from Rosenthal?

Bip Roberts
02-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Didn't Doc get the rumor from Rosenthal?

No Doc supposedly reported it 1st

AmarilloRed
02-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Doc now is suggesting the A's will accept Bailey, Roenicke and a third prospect.

Bip Roberts
02-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Doc now is suggesting the A's will accept Bailey, Roenicke and a third prospect.

I think Doc realized his initial report of Votto and Bailey was stupid now hes trying to play it down some more.

Nasty_Boy
02-12-2008, 09:08 PM
I have seen Rosenthal and Olney both confirming this rumor. I think Doc was pretty accurate on this. Rosenthal is the best in the business and normally makes comments before the deals go down.

Bip Roberts
02-12-2008, 09:17 PM
I have seen Rosenthal and Olney both confirming this rumor. I think Doc was pretty accurate on this. Rosenthal is the best in the business and normally makes comments before the deals go down.

I have no doubt the reds talked to the A's about Blanton at some point this winter. I'm just saying I dont know if I all that willing to trust Paul and his sources. He has kinda back tracked from him breaking the report the reds are interested into total speculation on his part. Hes taking more the "what if it takes" type stuff instead of "this is what i got". You guys kinda catching what Im saying? Hes doing a lot more opinion when you would think he would have a lot more substance to dish considering he apparently was the 1st.

Stephenk29
02-12-2008, 09:54 PM
7 out of 10 articles like Paul's are just speculation. Most baseball people can make an educated guess that ends up having some truth to it. If you look at the Blanton trade possibility I bet they've talked about every single situation we have.

Bip Roberts
02-12-2008, 10:05 PM
7 out of 10 articles like Paul's are just speculation. Most baseball people can make an educated guess that ends up having some truth to it. If you look at the Blanton trade possibility I bet they've talked about every single situation we have.

Maybe its just I just dont find Paul all that believable. I tend to trust Rosenthal because he has a pretty big track record but even his stuff about Blanton seems like a bunch of nothing.

"yea the reds and a's talked"

02-12-2008, 10:13 PM
So far, every rumor about the Reds has either materialized in 24-48 hours, or has gone away for good. If this holds true, Blanton is not going to be a Red.

Carolina Red
02-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Buster Olney mentioned on ESPN this evening that the Yankees may be interested in a trade for Blanton since Pettite won't be ready for the beginning of the season. I personally think Blanton would be a great addition for the Reds but not at the cost of either Bailey or Cueto.

I(heart)Freel
02-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Maybe its just I just dont find Paul all that believable. I tend to trust Rosenthal because he has a pretty big track record but even his stuff about Blanton seems like a bunch of nothing.

"yea the reds and a's talked"

I think we all get that you don't trust Daugherty.

Fine. You're entitled.

I tend to think - knowing how inside sources work and moreso how the media works - that Doc reported a tip he got, and since he hasn't gotten a further tip, he's let it go from inside dirt to speculation fodder for his radio show.

Dude's the best columnist we've had in the 'Nati in a long time. I look forward to reading him, and continue to trust his sources.

That's just me.

TheBigLebowski
02-12-2008, 11:40 PM
IF we're really serious about bringing Blanton aboard, I would not be crazy about a Bailey/Roenicke/Prospect for JB trade. Still, I could live with it.

BEETTLEBUG
02-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Me also.