PDA

View Full Version : WLW-AM for sale?

Krawhitham
02-13-2008, 06:28 PM
With this have any effect on Reds games

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/

Is WLW-AM, the city's No. 1 station, for sale? That's today's bombshell.

The U.S. Department of Justice today ordered Clear Channel to sell stations in Cincinnati, Houston, Las Vegas and San Francisco in order for a group of private equity investors led by Bain Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners to proceed with purchasing a controlling interest in Clear Channel.

Cincinnati and Houston are targeted because Bain and Lee Partners control a 50 percent interest in Cumulus Media Partners, which owns stations in those markets. Cumulus owns WRRM-FM (WARM98.5), WGRR-FM (103.5) and WFTK-FM (96.5 Rock). Clear Channel owns eight stations: talk stations WLW-AM (700) and WKRC-AM (550); rock stations WEBN-FM (102.7), WKFS-FM (KISS107.1), WOFX-FM (FOX92.5) and WNNF-FM (Radio94.1); and sports talks stations WCKY-AM (1530 Homer) and WSAI-AM (ESPN 1360).

The combined audience share for Clear Channel and Cumulus stations exceeds 59 percent in Cincinnati, the government said. So tghe divestitures were ordered so that the new owners would not have too much control over radio advertising rates here, the government said.
The government did not specify which stations must be sold here. But I'm told that Clear Channel managers here told employees Tuesday that the company could consider selling off WLW-AM and KISS107.1, or the tandem of FOX92.1 and Radio94.1 (the old MIX94.1).

Get braced for more radio changes in Cincinnati!

Which stations do you expect them to spin off? Which ones would benefit from a change in ownership?

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/

Bip Roberts
02-13-2008, 07:47 PM
PLEASE LET KISS 107.1 GET SOLD :bowrofl:

Ahhhorsepoo
02-14-2008, 02:19 PM
i had a buddy who's dad was a manager for Kiss.. soo I always got free **** and free tickets for concerts.. soo i am ok with kiss.. even though i never listen to it..