PDA

View Full Version : I'm back with the Reds!

Grounds_Crew
02-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey everyone. So, it's been a year since I joined and shared all of my "behind the scenes" pics with you guys. Man, that thread was a good one. You probably remember that I spent last year working for the Pirates as a front office employee. Things never really worked out the way that I wanted...meaning that there isn't a great opportunity to make money in sports.

So, I returned to Cincy to pursue a second degree. I am now in school and working as a full time co-op for Procter & Gamble. Things have actually been going pretty well.

However, I still had that burning desire to work in sports. Luckily for me, I received a random phone call from a guy I know who works for MLB Advanced Media based in NYC. He asked if I'd be interested in working at the Reds stadium doing some statistical work. It would be a seasonal job, so I could work it into my schedule. Needless to say, I accepted! I'll be getting paid a good bit of money to work during the games sitting IN THE BROADCAST BOOTH! Actually, I'll be sitting right next to the area where the in-game announcer sits. To my right, George Grande and Chris Welsh are seated(FSN). Marty and Thom are just a door away from my work station too. So, I have a wonderful view of the game. I'll actually be splitting the season with another operator. He'll be doing 40 games, and I'll be doing the other 41.

Anyway...I just figured I'd share with you guys...and I'll be sure to provide more pictures when I can!

kbrake
02-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Congrats man glad to hear it.

Grounds_Crew
02-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Trust me, glad to be back!

justincredible
02-15-2008, 12:44 PM
That's awesome. Congrats!

Hey Meat
02-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Sure wish I was young enough and didn't have a family. I would love to be at every game.

Boston Red
02-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Were you actually on the grounds crew? What years? I was there for all or parts of the '95-'97 seasons.

Grounds_Crew
02-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Since I wont be working every game. I bought a 20 game weekend pack. The other guy that is splitting the games with me was nice enough to work with me and schedule himself to work during the games that I have tickets to.

Since I'm not actually employed BY the Reds, I have to buy the tickets, lol

Newman4
02-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like a great gig.

shREDded29
02-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Congrats! I'm jealous; it does sound like a fun job...

captainmorgan07
02-16-2008, 01:43 PM
very very jealous but congrats.

Reds Freak
02-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Sounds great Grounds Crew. Not a bad way to earn some extra cash! I'll be looking forward to some good stories throughout the summer...

Mr.MojoRisin
02-17-2008, 01:30 AM
That's amazing. My dream is to someday work for the Reds, in any capacity. Let me know if there's ever an empty seat in the booth with ya.

Grounds_Crew
02-17-2008, 12:19 PM
For those of you who went up to PNC Park last year...I'm glad you were able to make it up. It was nice meeting you guys. I can still get some tickets when the Reds are in town...so be sure to get a hold of me if you'd like to make the trip.