PDA

View Full Version : Columbus zoners-- Softball leagues?

HumnHilghtFreel
02-16-2008, 01:31 PM
The weapon of choice thread inspired me to make this one. Was just wondering if anyone knew of a good league(s) in the city. Slow pitch or fast, I'm just looking for something competitive. I haven't played any baseball since I graduated 2 years ago and I've had the itch with spring creeping in.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Buckeye33
02-16-2008, 04:52 PM
The weapon of choice thread inspired me to make this one. Was just wondering if anyone knew of a good league(s) in the city. Slow pitch or fast, I'm just looking for something competitive. I haven't played any baseball since I graduated 2 years ago and I've had the itch with spring creeping in.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

There are plenty of softball leagues in the Columbus area.

Columbus Parks and Rec have leagues at Berliner, Tuttle, and Busch facilities.

There are leagues in Grove City, Worthington, and Whitehall as well.

I am not aware of any place that you can just throw your name in and try to get picked up to play. If you don't know any one else to play with as far as a team goes you could try to maybe leave a message here:

http://members4.boardhost.com/Wittdog15/

This is a local softball message board. Just put up a message and explain why you are looking for a team and your skill level. A lot of the people who post on that board play upper levels of softball, B-C level but there are quite a few people who seem to get picked up each year when looking for a random team.

Hope that helps.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks for that site, I'll get around to posting on it later. Hopefully I can find something, even if it's just to get a few games as an alternate. lol That competitive drive never seems to go away.

BuckeyeRedleg
02-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Columbus Parks and Rec have leagues at Berliner, Tuttle, and Busch facilities.

I have played at Busch on Wednesday nights for the past 10 years (diamond 2). Pockets for 5 years and then Coaches for another 5.

Busch, is a great complex. Berliner is a turn off. We deal with it for tourneys like the July 4th tourney or the Champ of Champs, but that's it.