PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch...

TRF
02-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Psych? Friday's season finale had an Austin Kearns reference in it.

Burn Notice? great show, great cast. I'll watch anything with Bruce Campbell in it.

Eureka? geeky science nerds teemed with an awkward sheriff.

Project Runway? guilty pleasure. I watch it with the wife.

anyone have others they can recommend?

Dom Heffner
02-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I will never miss an episode of Nip/Tuck. Ever.

Also, if you don't have Arrested Development on DVD you are really missing something.

WMR
02-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew

Mad Men on AMC (not on right now, first season was incredibly good)

Chip R
02-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Mad Men on AMC (not on right now, first season was incredibly good)

I was going to suggest that. Actually they are showing the first season Mondays at midnight.

The Riches is very good too.

cincinnati chili
02-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew

my wife is addicted. While I like Dr. Drew, I have little patience for the train wrecks that are everyone else on the show.

MrCinatit
02-18-2008, 05:28 AM
I like Psych, and caught the Kearns reference.
Quite a while ago, they did an episode where they were tracing counterfeit dollar bills. They went to a Home Depot, which is where I work. Shawn got on an order picker, freaking Gus out. I got a chuckle out of it, imagining our safety guy freaking out about it, too.

Right before that is Monk, which I am a huge fan of. Tony Shalhoub is a genius, Traylor Howard is hot and I can finally listen to Ted Levine without hearing Buffalo Bill.

Dom Heffner
02-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Right before that is Monk, which I am a huge fan of. Tony Shalhoub is a genius

The closer you watch that show the better it is. On the surface it feels like an old cheesey episode of Columbo, or something aimed at the Murder She Wrote crowd, but the level of comedy there is truly amazing.

There are times when I want to laugh even harder than my body will let me.

MrCinatit
02-18-2008, 05:48 PM
The closer you watch that show the better it is. On the surface it feels like an old cheesey episode of Columbo, or something aimed at the Murder She Wrote crowd, but the level of comedy there is truly amazing.

There are times when I want to laugh even harder than my body will let me.

Along with the comedy, there is also a level of tragedy, which pulls me to the show, as well.
I have only gotten into the show a few months ago, and am fascinated by Monk. Fortunately, reruns are shown almost daily, and I have seen some classics.
One where he met his father was remarkable. "Dad...this is touching." "Why, yes, Adrian. This is touching!" "No...I mean...the mashed potatoes...they are touching the other food!" Funny...yet, quickly followed by the touching moment of his dad faithfully separating the food. Only slightly less equal to that are the episodes with his brother (John Turturro).

pedro
02-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Monk is a great show.

Here's a bit of weirdness too.

the guy who plays Chief Stottlemeyer in "Monk" was "buffalo bill" in "silence of the lambs".

Joseph
02-18-2008, 06:16 PM
the guy who plays Chief Stottlemeyer in "Monk" was "buffalo bill" in "silence of the lambs".

I still can't convince my wife of this, even after showing her his IMDB page. She's convinced its a mistake. lol

pedro
02-18-2008, 06:37 PM
I still can't convince my wife of this, even after showing her his IMDB page. She's convinced its a mistake. lol

It took me a while to figure it out. I just kept on thinking "I recognize that guy"

RedsFan75
02-19-2008, 10:55 AM
We love Eureka, great show, very good cast and "out of this world" story ideas.

Psych is great but I missed Fridays... And the Kearns reference.

Monk is a favorite....

also I can't wait for the return of Chuck, great show...

minus5
02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Love Psych, one of my favorites and the same for Monk. Both are very good. I am really ready for a new episode of Burn Notice. Seems like it had been forever since it has been on. There isn't a whole lot more that I really bother with. I tried watching Nip Tuck with my wife once and hated it. She is also a big fan of Medium....I can't stand that one either. I usually wind up in another room reading, listening to music, playing with the kids or seeing what is on The History Channel or Discovery or something like that.

TRF
02-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Rescue me makes me feel better about my life mistakes. Love that show. I miss the Dresden Files. I thought that had a chance.

Razor Shines
02-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Burn Notice is really good.

I'm somewhat forced to watch Big Brother with my wife.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is very funny.

And a show I just bought the DVD for (at my brother's urging) is The Whitest Kids You Know. I'm loving that show so far. It's on the Independent Films Channel not really sure how many people have that channel though. The very first skit on the first episode involved a girl unknowingly taking a pregnancy test on her boy friend's/husband's I-Pod Shuffle.

Patrick Bateman
02-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Big Psych fan, but it's not available on TV in Canada... so I have to get the DVD's, obviously I haven't seen Season 2 yet.

redsfan1966
02-19-2008, 09:07 PM
My Fair Brady and the Scott Baio shows on VH1 are shows that I seem to get stuck on when I flip around during commercials on games or news shows that I watch...so I guess they are guilty pleasures...as is Monday Night Raw...

TeamBoone
02-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I love Monk, but didn't like it the first time I watched. Glad I gave it another chance about a year later.

I've just discovered ReGenesis (can't remember the network). Love it!

dougdirt
02-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Big Psych fan, but it's not available on TV in Canada... so I have to get the DVD's, obviously I haven't seen Season 2 yet.

You are in for a treat then.