PDA

View Full Version : Dusty wants Sparky in camp

AmarilloRed
02-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Dusty on Sparky, Bruce

Dusty Baker would like to see Sparky Anderson in camp with the Reds.

"I'd really like to see that," he said. "He gave me a lot of advice. I'd like to bring him for a couple of days. . . I called it going to library when talked to guys like him, Bill Walsh, Al Attles."

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/2008/02/dusty-on-sparky-bruce.asp

It is going to be a long season.

Handofdeath
02-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Dusty on Sparky, Bruce

Dusty Baker would like to see Sparky Anderson in camp with the Reds.

"I'd really like to see that," he said. "He gave me a lot of advice. I'd like to bring him for a couple of days. . . I called it going to library when talked to guys like him, Bill Walsh, Al Attles."

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/2008/02/dusty-on-sparky-bruce.asp

It is going to be a long season.

As much as people gripe about Baker abusing pitchers, I would think talking to Sparky is a good thing.

_Sir_Charles_
02-20-2008, 02:38 PM
What Baker is abusing is the english language. Yikes. "I called it going to library when talked to guys like him...." Hopefully that's a typo instead of a direct quote. Good lord.

~edit~ And what are the odds of 3 reds fans posting consecutively...all from Texas. Hopefully about the same type of longshot as Stanton making the club. *crosses fingers*

Bip Roberts
02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
its from John Fay odds are its a typo

_Sir_Charles_
02-20-2008, 02:41 PM
True...but you never know. I've heard many interviews with Dusty and he's not exactly well-spoken. :O)

Bip Roberts
02-20-2008, 02:44 PM
True...but you never know. I've heard many interviews with Dusty and he's not exactly well-spoken. :O)

Im going with a Joy Fay typo considering yesterday he used the wrong form of "there"

_Sir_Charles_
02-20-2008, 02:47 PM
It's kind of amusing seeing all these sports-writers' blogs now-a-days. We've grown accustomed to reading their articles in the papers...AFTER they've been edited and proofread. Just goes to show you don't need to be an English major to major in journalism. :O)

Bip Roberts
02-20-2008, 02:48 PM
I think Paul Dougherty shouldn't be allowed to blog :laugh:

redhawk61
02-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I think Paul Dougherty shouldn't be allowed to blog :laugh:

2nd that. When I listened to his radio show during the season when he was making sense I enjoyed him. But now when I read his blog he seems like a crazy person.

Bip Roberts
02-20-2008, 03:18 PM
2nd that. When I listened to his radio show during the season when he was making sense I enjoyed him. But now when I read his blog he seems like a crazy person.

He went nuts today because he doesnt know that win/loss records for pitchers really arent important or useful in judging a pitcher

BUTLER REDSFAN
02-20-2008, 03:27 PM
The last couple of times I have seen Anderson he looks like he is in poor health so I doubt this would happen

mlbfan30
02-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Baker has also said that he plans to use Castro as a backup SS and Keppenger as a Utility player. He previously said he's thinking about using Bako at C.