PDA

View Full Version : Redszone Community Prospect Vote #37

dougdirt
02-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Vote for the player who you think is the Reds #37 prospect (the best prospect who is not yet on the list). We will go with this as far as you guys want to take it.

I will post a new list every 2 days with 10-15 options to vote on.

If you feel like making an argument on why a guy should be voted here, feel free to vote and state why you voted for that player.

If there is someone that is not currently listed as an option to vote on, vote for 'other' then just state who you want to vote for in the thread.

If there is anyone you would like to see as an option on the next poll, just say so and if they garner enough support, they will be placed on the next poll. Guys with the lowest amount of votes will usually be removed for the next few guys who were talked about in the previous thread.

Prospect 1 - Jay Bruce
Prospect 2 - Homer Bailey
Prospect 3 - Johnny Cueto
Prospect 4 - Joey Votto
Prospect 5 - Todd Frazier
Prospect 6 - Drew Stubbs
Prospect 7 - Matt Maloney
Prospect 8 - Josh Roenicke
Prospect 9 - Travis Wood
Prospect 10 - Devin Mesoraco
Prospect 11 - Kyle Lotzkar
Prospect 12 - Danny Dorn
Prospect 13 - Sean Watson
Prospect 14 - Carlos Fisher
Prospect 15 - Juan Francisco
Prospect 16 - Neftali Soto
Prospect 17 - Brandon Waring
Prospect 18 - Adam Rosales
Prospect 19 - Tyler Pelland
Prospect 20 - Daryl Thompson
Prospect 21 - Pedro Viola
Prospect 22 - Chris Valaika
Prospect 23 - Sam Lecure
Prospect 24 - Marcus McBeth
Prospect 25 - Justin Turner
Prospect 26 - Chris Dickerson
Prospect 27 - Scott Carroll
Prospect 28 - Richie Gardner
Prospect 29 - Justin Reed
Prospect 30 - Paul Janish
Prospect 31 - Alexander Smit
Prospect 32 - Danny Herrera
Prospect 33 - Zach Cozart
Prospect 34 - Tzu-Kai Chiu
Prospect 35 - Ramon Ramrirez
Prospect 36 - Derrik Lutz

camisadelgolf
02-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm going with Hilde(n)brandt again. Although he hasn't yet pitched professionally, he's a pitcher who supposedly has a good deal of upside.

GoReds33
02-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I can't believe Hildenbrandt hasn't won yet. I refuse to vote for Tatum.

How far is this going? I hope Castro makes the cut.

dougdirt
02-21-2008, 02:38 PM
I think I am going to stop at 40.
My next three are Tatum, Hildenbrandt and Castro.

kheidg-
02-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Top 40 maybe a good cut-off point?

bucksfan2
02-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Are there even 40 players in the reds farm system????

dougdirt
02-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Are there even 40 players in the reds farm system????

There are over 200.

Superdude
02-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Let's go to 200 ;)

kheidg-
02-22-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm voting Jukich here

AmarilloRed
02-23-2008, 12:37 AM
I was hoping we would go to 100.:)

dougdirt
02-23-2008, 02:51 AM
I was hoping we would go to 100.:)

Haha, feel free to take it over after 40 if you want to. I am done at #40 though.

mlbfan30
02-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I think we should continue until baseball starts.
Then probably around mid June we do this again since we'll have more stats.
Then in mid August.
Then in November

This way the community list will constantly be posted throughout the entire year. This will encourage more people to follow minor leaguers.

We should also do a MLB prospect list at the same time. So when the #7 pick is picked for the Reds, its also picked for MLB

dougdirt
02-23-2008, 05:51 PM
I think we should continue until baseball starts.
Then probably around mid June we do this again since we'll have more stats.
Then in mid August.
Then in November

This way the community list will constantly be posted throughout the entire year. This will encourage more people to follow minor leaguers.

We should also do a MLB prospect list at the same time. So when the #7 pick is picked for the Reds, its also picked for MLB

Seems excessive. Also, by the time we are at say #15 from the June one, we would have people ineligible for the list at that point on the list, and players going through slumps, people changing.... Its going to be tough to work it during the season.

kheidg-
02-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Seems excessive. Also, by the time we are at say #15 from the June one, we would have people ineligible for the list at that point on the list, and players going through slumps, people changing.... Its going to be tough to work it during the season.

I agree. I'd say that we should only do this once a year, annually after the conclusion of the season. Seems like that will give us just enough time to get to 40 again before the start of the next season.

AmarilloRed
02-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I think the original intent of the prospect rankings was to give us all something to do until spring training started. I think it was a success in that respect, and is something we should continue to do at the conclusion of each season.

GoReds33
02-24-2008, 12:24 AM
I think the original intent of the prospect rankings was to give us all something to do until spring training started. I think it was a success in that respect, and is something we should continue to do at the conclusion of each season.I completly agree. If anything, it gave me another reason to make sure to stop at this site this offseason. I know from other forums that the offseason can be very slow at times.

mth123
02-24-2008, 05:34 AM
This exercise has been the Redszone highlight of the winter for me. I have learned a lot about some of the younger prospects from this. Scott Carroll in particular along with Derrick Lutz, Phil Valiquette and Richie Gardner have moved up my board as a result of some comments posted here and a little subsequent research.

Stopping at 40 is fine because the games will be starting in a few days but I have a few guys that probably won't make it. My highest three remaining are Jukich, Tatum and Castro. I also have Hildenbrandt, Ravin, Geronimo, Gonzalez, Heisey and Griffin on my top 40 list that the board hasn't gotten to. I'm considering moving Valiquette in for one of them. Maybe when this is done a thread where posters compare their individual rankings with the Redszone voting would be a way to continue the disussion while opening it to players outside of the fringe guys that we're down to. I just think we're down to a point where little information exists on the remainng guys and the discussion will probably stall as a few more make the list. A little debate over the ranking order will probably add to or reinforce some of the player debate that we've had this offseason.

OnBaseMachine
02-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I didn't realize Josh Ravin hadn't yet been picked. Please nominate him for the next one please.