PDA

View Full Version : A little appreciation for Castellini!

BucksandReds
02-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Look at our chance of continued competitiveness over the next 4-5 years and it all started with Bob Castellini buying this team. HE above all others has made the right moves. Hired 2 competent GMs (Krivsky and Jocketty,) gave them the money to get things done (expanded payroll with the aquisitions of Cordero and long term signings of Harang, Arroyo and Phillips) and hired a manager that is a proven winner. Big props to the owner from me!

I love how it's obvious that this team is an a gradual climb to perpetual playoff competitiveness and everyone is so impatient that they'd rather have 1-2 strong years now and be an also ran in 3-4. Be patient. There are numerous signs of heading in the right direction. Just chill guys.

GoReds33
02-21-2008, 08:35 PM
I think he deserves some appreciation too. He's opened his wallet, and really wants to bring a winner to Cincinnati. He's also worked hard to get more people to GABP. I like that, because no matter how much money he has, we need people in the stands to pay the bills. I hope he shows the same willingness in the next 4-5 years to be willing to sign Bruce, Cueto, Bailey, and Volquez to LTCs... If they aren't busts that is.

CRedsLarkin11
02-21-2008, 09:40 PM
There is definitely effort on his part and that is all I can ask from him. I greatly appreciate it and I think we are heading in the right direction.

wlf WV
02-22-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm in.

bubbachunk
02-22-2008, 01:22 PM
I was ecstatic when I heard that he was going to buy the reds and we could rid our selfs of linder. He has done it the right way and we should see it paying dividends very soon.

Bip Roberts
02-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Now hopefully the fans start to come back and we can build up his appreciation for us