PDA

View Full Version : Gonzalez to undergo MRI

AmarilloRed
02-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Notes: Gonzalez to undergo MRI
Shortstop does not believe left knee is seriously damaged
By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

SARASOTA, Fla. -- Alex Gonzalez is slated to undergo an MRI on his left knee on Monday night, the Reds shortstop said.

Gonzalez didn't start a game after Sept. 12 of last season because of a bone bruise in the same knee but appeared as a pinch-hitter in five games. The 31-year-old showed no obvious signs of the injury but has worn a wrap on the knee under his uniform pants.

"It's just to make sure it's nothing," Gonzalez said of the test. "I feel good taking ground balls. I don't feel anything moving side to side. I feel it when I step hard running."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080225&content_id=2388463&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Dusty Baker has mentioned his preference for Gonzalez as shortstop, but an MRI can be serious. Let's hope everything turns out for the best, and the knee is perfectly fine.

AmarilloRed
02-26-2008, 01:32 PM
From Fay:

They're shutting SS Alex Gonzalez down for a couple of days because of the sore knee. He has a bone bruise. He'll see Dr. Tim Kremchek Friday. "Better that it happens now," Dusty Baker said.

Bip Roberts
02-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Bone bruise will surely turn into a broken hip and a fractured shoulder

Sean_CaseyRules
02-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Bone bruise will surely turn into a broken hip and a fractured shoulder

Especially since he is seeing Dr. Tim Kremchek, :D