PDA

View Full Version : McCain apologizes for Bill Cunningham

wally post
02-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Have you seen this?

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2008/02/25/daily24.html

Somebody on CNN called him the "Rosie O'Donnell of Republicans"

:D

I've never heard the guy, but am surprised this story isn't here - though, perhaps you guys are tired of this...

Bob Borkowski
02-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Cunningham thrives on publicity like this.

He will milk it for a month.

marcshoe
02-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Have you seen this?

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2008/02/25/daily24.html

Somebody on CNN called him the "Rosie O'Donnell of Republicans"

:D

I've never heard the guy, but am surprised this story isn't here - though, perhaps you guys are tired of this...

It's probably missing because of the politics angle.

Unassisted
02-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Trying to focus on the media aspect of this story and avoid the political...

After having listened to his behavior for several years, I'm fairly certain that Bill Cunningham subscribes to the belief that there is no such thing as bad publicity. I heard some discussion of this incident on CNN and the commentators there expressed some incredulity that it was considered useful to have him in your corner if you are a politician of a particular stripe in Cincinnati. Is Cunningham really considered influential? I always thought he was 100% showman.

MWM
02-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Cunningham is an embarassment to the city of Cincinnati. Has been for a long time.

BUTLER REDSFAN
02-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Shouldnt we just close this now...It seems as though everytime a topic gets started on here that shouldn't be started(politics) amazingly the left side gets 8 or 9 replies before it gets shut down...just seems that way to me.

BUTLER REDSFAN
02-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Cunningham is an embarassment to the city of Cincinnati. Has been for a long time.

And thus it starts.

paintmered
02-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Shouldnt we just close this now...It seems as though everytime a topic gets started on here that shouldn't be started(politics) amazingly the left side gets 8 or 9 replies before it gets shut down...just seems that way to me.

They'd disagree with you. We mods hear cries of political favoritism from both sides of the aisle.

But I agree with you about closing the thread. There's no good reason to keep it going even though it hasn't fallen off the deep end yet.